2nd round: Benfica - Gil Vicente - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 14:35 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
2nd round: Benfica - Gil Vicente

Tonight will be the first home game of the season and we obviously have to win, hopefully , hopefully with many goals!
(beware nuno and mantorras, for the mighty forwards are about to arrive :dielaugh: )

game will be broadcasted at 21.15 GMT, by TVI

and here is a link, courtesy of Bonak:
"Benfica-Gil Vicente live in here: http://gportal.hu/portal/stream/"

Koeman has called the following players:

GK: Moreira , Quim.

Defense: Anderson, Luisão, Alcides, Ricardo Rocha, Dos Santos , Nélson.

MD: Petit, Manuel Fernandes, Beto, Karyaka, Nuno Assis, Hélio Roque, Geovanni , Simão

Strikers: Nuno Gomes , Mantorras.

nelson is expected to start today ,and what a debut will be

according to the papers, koeman will start nuno assis :rollani: ...i can see his point, as i agree that maybe karyaka can add some creativity coming out from the bench, something that cant be asked from assis lol

it also seems like ricardo rocha will be playing on the left again.....that worries me, becoz he doesnt go up as well as dos santos imo, and leo seems to be taking time to recover from injury, and i dont see a probelm in rotating the 3 CB
same with the 2 goalies....

anyways,i myself might try this line up tonight:

moreira
nelson - anderson - luisão - ricardo rocha
petit - beto
manuel fernandes
simão - nuno gomes - karyaka

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 19:00
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Since Léo can't play tonight, this would be my 11:

------------------Moreira-----------------
------------------------------------------
Nélson----Anderson---Luisão----Dos Santos
-------------Petit-----Beto---------------
Geovanni----------------------------Simão
-------------------Nuno Assis-------------
----------------Nuno Gomes--------------

I don't know if Bandsports are showing this match, but they're a brazilian channel that bought the Superliga rights for this season, and they've been showing the top games so far.
Here's the link for the live streaming: http://www.live-foot.com/bandsport
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 19:53
World Class Player

Go Karya and forca Benfica!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 01:33
International

So many empty seats (surprise!), and Benfica continued their horrible start of the season by losing 2-0. If things keep going like this, I can't see Benfica doing much, and this result makes them very much underdogs against Sporting.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 02:31 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
I can't see Benfica doing much, and this result makes them very much underdogs against Sporting.

as usual, and as usual we will win

and about the empty seats, i understand it makes u confused, u see, unlike ur teams stadium (beira mar, of coz), our stands dont have the coulours of the rainbow
we dont need to make it look like it is more croweded than it really is...nor do we give a flying #### about how many people go to our rivals games

seriously now, we have totally massacrated gil vicente during the 1st half....i guess it was their goalies blessed night :rollani:
the ref forgot to see a clear penalty over simao in the early mins of the game,which shows how much we own the "system"

in the 2nd half, same thing, only this time the ref did see the penalty over nuno gomes ( although this one might be a lil bit dubious....its ok though, the ref forgot to see the penalty over geovanni later on)...and since it was our luky night...simao failed to score

after that failure, the team did seem to get a bit lost, and gil vicente kept doing what they did all game long, with the refs permission , god bless him:
spend an average of 10mins on the ground every time they were bitten by a fly , or just trying to run after a butterfly:rollani:

yet again, we missed a couple more unbelievable chances, namely that nuno gomes header which gil's goalie saved yet again :rollani:

anyways, gil scored 1 goal in one chance (probably our only defensive mistake that far), and we managed to score the 2nd goal for them...

it just wasnt our night, bad luck is not enough to define what happened there tonight

still, it doesnt mean we were perfect tonight. alhthugh i have enjoyed very much our performance until the moment we have failed the penalty, i got very disapointed with the way we handled the frustration afterwards!

we almost gave up and acted as if all was lost!

ive noticed the same against academica, we cant simply give up when the game is still 30min from the end!

as for the tactical system (3 CBs) that koeman has picked up ...i woudnt do it myself, but must say it was working very well, totally knocked out Gil, until the moment carlitos "the butcher" decided to put ricardo rocha away from the game (red card? anyone? just yellow? ok mr ref , if u say so...)

nelson played great, we have a RB ladies and gentle men
dos santos played crap awhen he came to replace ricardo and probably blew his chances in the short - medium term.
luisao is yet to recover his form imo. anderson was better, appart from that unfortunate own goal, when the ball simply hit his face and deflected into the net.

moreira...didnt have many chances to defend , which says it all about Gil's game...

imo it was one of petit's best games as off late, good passing.

manuel is still underperforming, nuno assis....i hope koeman has realised that he really is a no no, lend him to salgueiros, or something :rollani:

geovanni was expected to bring something new as he came off the becnh, but he was very poor

mantorras is playing shit, simao failed the penalty but was one of our most working players outhere, beto did ok considering that he CANT play on the wing ( ok koeman? thats what karayaka is there for......)

whos left...ah yes,nuno gomes...our best player tonight imo yet again. u doing great nuno, the goals will appear :thmbup:

this was a not an unfair result, it was an alien result for anyone who has seen the game, and i hope the team keeps improving. we played much much better tonight than we did last week, and its all about not losing hope till the fat lady sings!!!!!
and the bad luk wont last forever

one last note.....id rather see an empty stadium, than have those idiots wathcing the game....wtf are those people paying tikets for not showing their support during the game?!?

BENFICA SEMPRE!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 03:32
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
as usual, and as usual we will win

and about the empty seats, i understand it makes u confused, u see, unlike ur teams stadium (beira mar, of coz), our stands dont have the coulours of the rainbow
we dont need to make it look like it is more croweded than it really is...nor do we give a flying #### about how many people go to our rivals games

seriously now, we have totally massacrated gil vicente during the 1st half....i guess it was their goalies blessed night :rollani:
the ref forgot to see a clear penalty over simao in the early mins of the game,which shows how much we own the "system"

in the 2nd half, same thing, only this time the ref did see the penalty over nuno gomes ( although this one might be a lil bit dubious....its ok though, the ref forgot to see the penalty over geovanni later on)...and since it was our luky night...simao failed to score

after that failure, the team did seem to get a bit lost, and gil vicente kept doing what they did all game long, with the refs permission , god bless him:
spend an average of 10mins on the ground every time they were bitten by a fly , or just trying to run after a butterfly:rollani:

yet again, we missed a couple more unbelievable chances, namely that nuno gomes header which gil's goalie saved yet again :rollani:

anyways, gil scored 1 goal in one chance (probably our only defensive mistake that far), and we managed to score the 2nd goal for them...

it just wasnt our night, bad luck is not enough to define what happened there tonight

still, it doesnt mean we were perfect tonight. alhthugh i have enjoyed very much our performance until the moment we have failed the penalty, i got very disapointed with the way we handled the frustration afterwards!

we almost gave up and acted as if all was lost!

ive noticed the same against academica, we cant simply give up when the game is still 30min from the end!

as for the tactical system (3 CBs) that koeman has picked up ...i woudnt do it myself, but must say it was working very well, totally knocked out Gil, until the moment carlitos "the butcher" decided to put ricardo rocha away from the game (red card? anyone? just yellow? ok mr ref , if u say so...)

nelson played great, we have a RB ladies and gentle men
dos santos played crap awhen he came to replace ricardo and probably blew his chances in the short - medium term.
luisao is yet to recover his form imo. anderson was better, appart from that unfortunate own goal, when the ball simply hit his face and deflected into the net.

moreira...didnt have many chances to defend , which says it all about Gil's game...

imo it was one of petit's best games as off late, good passing.

manuel is still underperforming, nuno assis....i hope koeman has realised that he really is a no no, lend him to salgueiros, or something :rollani:

geovanni was expected to bring something new as he came off the becnh, but he was very poor

mantorras is playing shit, simao failed the penalty but was one of our most working players outhere, beto did ok considering that he CANT play on the wing ( ok koeman? thats what karayaka is there for......)

whos left...ah yes,nuno gomes...our best player tonight imo yet again. u doing great nuno, the goals will appear :thmbup:

this was a not an unfair result, it was an alien result for anyone who has seen the game, and i hope the team keeps improving. we played much much better tonight than we did last week, and its all about not losing hope till the fat lady sings!!!!!
and the bad luk wont last forever

one last note.....id rather see an empty stadium, than have those idiots wathcing the game....wtf are those people paying tikets for not showing their support during the game?!?

BENFICA SEMPRE!
Yeah, but Beira-Mar don't have 6 million "fans." Beira-Mar obviously also aren't the champions of the SuperLiga.

When we have 6 million "fans," and are champions of the SuperLiga, I can see your point about OUR empty stadium; until then, it isn't a valid excuse as to why Benfica having these conditions can't fill theirs for the opening game.

Benfica don't have strikers, their defense isn't that great (why was Gomes forced to be defending on the second goal?). There's just too many problems with Benfica right now. Simao is dipping in form, Geovanni is still not a decent winger, Ricardo Rocha is still not a left back, Manuel Fernandes is still playing in his pre-season form. The only thing Benfica got going for themselves right now is Nelson, Anderson and Petit who finally had a good game.

Last edited by BeiraMarense; August 28th, 2005 at 03:43.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 03:55 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
Yeah, but Beira-Mar don't have 6 million "fans." Beira-Mar obviously also aren't the champions of the SuperLiga.

When we have 6 million "fans," and are champions of the SuperLiga, I can see your point about OUR empty stadium; until then, it isn't a valid excuse as to why Benfica having these conditions can't fill theirs for the opening game.
excuses?!? for what?

what i meant was, why the hell u care so much about that?

i myself can give u a couple clues as to why it wasnt crowded ...its still august (people in holiday), the game is versus super crap gil vicente, the game is being broadcasted on public tv, the tikets are expensive and people need to save up for the upcoming CL games ( = me) or games againts more exciting teams, the not so good performance versus academica cooled down the mood of some fans ....i could go on forever:rollani:

still i dunno how many people were there....do u? how many people were there tonight?

u right though, we are the champions of the superliga

and we even seem to agree on most players analysis !

and btw, im sure u know i wasnt really refering to beira-mar, dont u

Last edited by Inácio; August 28th, 2005 at 04:02.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 12:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
This is just embarassing...

O GLORIOSO

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 15:32
International

Quote:
Quote:
and btw, im sure u know i wasnt really refering to beira-mar, dont u
I'll let the quotes do my explanation
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 15:39 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes, u have put in bold the right words...u did notice the wink though, right?
irony????

there, u do know who else in portugal has those couloured seats, and i dont mean Uniao de Leiria...anyways, moving on

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 16:51
International

"your team's stadim"

I support Beira-Mar. Moving on then...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 19:56
Premier Player

Teams: Fiorentina
ronald koeman...tut tut

FIORENTINA PALMARES

Serie A : 1956,1969
Coppa Italia : 1940,1961,1966,1975,1996,2001
Super Coppa Italia : 1996
Europe Cup II : 1961

more to come

Gabriel Batistuta

Fiorentina 269 matches/165 goals

Luca Toni

If defenders were allowed to use their hands,they would pray.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 22:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
What a horrible weekend ,i just dont have words,only i want someone to put Veiga and Vieira far away from Benfica,simple as this,i am tired of these two clowns. :frustrat: :fero: :depress:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in