Our ass is blackmailed! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 11:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

Our ass is blackmailed!

President LFV said that to avoid selling any player this summer, Benfica need to get 100.000 new supporters, to add to the current 96.000. That would make an income of around 10M euro and there wouldn't be need to sell players like Miguel, for ex. However, the IVA will raise from 19% to 21% so LFV must know this is a discusting blackmail towards Benfica fans. The average of supporters signing up is around 2000 per month and he wants 100.000 right now? Conclusion, if Miguel is sold, LFV wants to believe it was Benfica fans' fault, not the board's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 13:56
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
that is so annoying, i wonder if anyone actually takes his words seriously....

anyways, its not even the first time he pulls that out, he did the same last year and nobody was sold so...who knows

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 15:04 Thread Starter
Star Player

He's always threatning to leave the club. I don't know if he lack of self-estime and wants the fans to cheer him. I'm a bit tired of these childish stuff.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 15:12
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

are u talking about vieira or camacho?

actually i think thats the reason why they got along so well :rollani:

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 17:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
****ing asshole

O GLORIOSO

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 17:45
International

100,000? That's peanuts I mean Benfica do have 6 million "fans" don't they?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 17:51
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
No, we have 14 millions.

About the new member's card, i think that Vieira is betting everything on that because he knows that would make us a much stronger side financially.
I'm currently studying whether i'll become a member or not, since i'm a student and and i need to pay the "propinas" every year. Those who can afford it, shouldn't even think twice about it.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 18:03
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
No, we have 14 millions.

About the new member's card, i think that Vieira is betting everything on that because he knows that would make us a much stronger side financially.
I'm currently studying whether i'll become a member or not, since i'm a student and and i need to pay the "propinas" every year. Those who can afford it, shouldn't even think twice about it.
14 million? What are you; rounding up by 7 million?!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 18:56
Star Player

Where have you been?

«Um mito que cai. O Benfica anunciou esta quinta-feira que, afinal, não tem seis milhões de adeptos, mas «aproximadamente cinco milhões» só em Portugal. Esta é a conclusão de um estudo encomendado a uma empresa estrangeira, apresentado aos jornalistas em conferência de imprensa pelo presidente Luis Filipe Vieira e pelos administradores da SAD Soares de Oliveira e Rui Cunha.»

Intitulado «Mais cem anos gloriosos», o estudo apresenta essa grande novidade, que aponta também para o facto de haver 14 milhões de benfiquistas em todo o mundo, com destaque para mais de um milhão na América do Norte e mais de seis milhões em Angola e Moçambique.

Foi, igualmente, apresentado um novo cartão de sócio, numa altura em que o clube detém 94700 associados, mas define como meta para 2005/06 a meta de tentar somar mais cem mil pessoas, duplicando o número de sócios benfiquistas, sendo que actualmente 69% deles residem na zona de Lisboa.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 19:39
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

why is it that people cant accept the fact that we are the portuguese club with the biggest and most widely spread fan base?

and one of the biggest amongst football clubs worldwide

its a fact, and its hilarious that its not us who talk about it all the time, it's always fans from rival teams! get over it please

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 22:08
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
why is it that people cant accept the fact that we are the portuguese club with the biggest and most widely spread fan base?

and one of the biggest amongst football clubs worldwide

its a fact, and its hilarious that its not us who talk about it all the time, it's always fans from rival teams! get over it please
Beira-Mar is a rival of Benfica? Since when?

PS: With 4 million fans, how can you explain how empty Da Luz was during weeks 5-14 or so?

14 million gloryhunters, maybe. But 14 million fans? Far from it. Maybe 100,000 true fans.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 22:45
Star Player

Juventus won the Serie A and their attendance was fair lower than ours. It was always frighteningly empty, and if you take a look at their forum, women dand children didn't have to pay tickets.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 22:47
Star Player

And don't start with that Beira-Mar fan talk, please... a few years ago you were a Benfisportista...
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 23:10 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
women dand children didn't have to pay tickets.
a kind of OT now:
I never liked that stuff. Like in Mothers' day women don't pay tickets.. I never liked that. There are thousands of people who spend huge efforts to follow their club for the whole season and those never get discounts or free-tickets. It's a lack of respect for them.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 23:15
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
14 million gloryhunters, maybe. But 14 million fans? Far from it. Maybe 100,000 true fans.
Gloryhunters can find better then a team not winning the domestic championship for 11 years. Do you sometimes think twice about it before writing things like this? You just insulted people from around the globe who had waited for many long years to finally see their team reach an important trophy again for once as gloryhunters. Give me a break.

Agora não, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 00:04
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
Beira-Mar is a rival of Benfica? Since when?

PS: With 4 million fans, how can you explain how empty Da Luz was during weeks 5-14 or so?

beira mar is not a rival? any team that plays with us in a professional competition is a rival i think....as far as i remember beira mar did their best to make things hard for us in the games we played with them..both for the league and for the cup...do you think it was all "arranged"? who are our rivals btw? maybe we would only have to play a couple games per year in order to win a trophy?

true that next year beira mar wont be a rival of benfica, as far as the superliga is concerned that is. because regarding the cup you never know do you....

another thing i dont understand is why people are so worried about how many fans we have at the stadium. we sure dont need to have coulourful chairs in our stands, in order to create the illusion that it is full
im actually quite impressed about how many people we were able to attract to the stadium this season...afterall, we hadnt won the league in 10 years and we were such a hopeless, handicaped , destined to failure team, in the words of the vast majority of the national sports press and of the all so knowledgeble experts, such as the "special " one....

gloryhunters? any gloryhunter in the portuguese league would have picked porto or maybe sporting to support in the recent years, wouldnt you say so? unless you are talking about a suicide gloryhunter

just say: i cant stand benfica!

it would be the honest thing to do, and would prevent you from saying a bunch of senseless rubbish

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 01:49
Star Player

Nice one ana

Btw does benfica have more fans in portugal or outside of portugal?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 02:08
Star Player

According to the most recent study - made by a foreign company - there are 14 million benfiquistas in the world, 4,7 m living in Portugal.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 09:44
Star Player

Good stuff
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 19:52
Premier Player
Star Player

This is similar to what Barca has done with their new regime. I like it. It increases revenue, while giving club more access to it's fanbase. It is a football club, and should go out if it's way to reap the benefits of being one.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in