32nd matchday Penafiel - BENFICA - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the match against Penafiel?
Benfica win 4 100.00%
Draw 0 0%
Penafial win 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2005, 23:12 Thread Starter
World Class Player

32nd matchday Penafiel - BENFICA

This saturday we will have the first of our following 3 last games in Superlige of which we have to win two or at least have to win the first and draw the following two to become portuguese champion. The likes of Penafiel, Sporting and Boavista, are still awaiting us. This is not gonna be an easy task but a task which, when fulfilled sucessfully, is going to make difference between the champion and the vice-champion.
So tomorrow we're going to play Penafiel away and our coach has to make two choices whom to bring into the starting eleven, alongside the usual starters (which I personally presume to start again). Defensive rock Luisão will be missing but hopefully not missed in defence, being replaced by either Alcides or André Luis. Nuno Gomes is the second player being forced out of the match. I expect Mantorras to take his place in the team, though Karadas stands a chance as well.
This leads me to the following line-up:

Quim
Miguel-Alcides-RicRocha-DosSantos
Petit
Geovanni-ManuFernandes-Simão
NunoAssis
Mantorras

Go for it, boys! :fero:
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2005, 23:14
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Forca Benfica :fero:

This is our year for the double baby!!!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2005, 23:34
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
I will be sitting on that red stand on the right
It's a must win and i hope that the players feel the same way.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2005, 23:43 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
I will be sitting on that red stand on the right
Enjoy! (seriously hope you will )
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 00:01
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
até os comemos :fero:

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 10:13
Star Player

i'm a little bit afraid of this match.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 11:52
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes, it will be a tough tough one...did u hear couceiros press conference yesterday? lol hes very worried about refs mistakes now, he seems to have a short memory himself

im pretty sure penafiels players have been promised some $ reweard if they "perform" in this game afterall, its oliveiras club

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 12:14 Thread Starter
World Class Player

I too have some slight worries, concerning that match to be honest, though I am aware that our players exactly know what this is about and will be ready to fight and struggle victory until the end, yet we all know our luck by heart.
However, over the years Benfica tought me to take it easy. And so it is, if we win we can be champions, if we lose, we won't be champions ... that would not influence my love for this club in any extend. I am Benfiquista and will always be, trophies or not

Haha, this Couceiro is incredible, the portuguese answer to Graeme Souness ... I wish Peseiro was such an idiot as well (domestically spoken)

VIVA BENFICA!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 15:27
Star Player

couceiro is in the end of his coaching career, so let him burn his last "cartuchos".
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 23:17 Thread Starter
World Class Player

We just proved that we do not deserve the championship this season
No excuses now, a team that is not able to beat such a tiny and minor opposition in such an important match can't be seriously heading for the championship-trophy. For me championship this year is over and whoever wins it, it will not be Benfica. Quite pessimistic as some may say, I say stoic, hence football and my life as a football-fan (and player) has given me so many disappointments that it can't possibly mean a lot to me anymore. So anything else then what I expect here to happen so openly would come to me as a lovely surprise and would be appreciated and celebrated, but I expect nothing more to come from this team, I even doubt they can by any chance win the portuguese cup.
VIVA BENFICA!

Good that I had this premonition and didn't go to watch the match. I had a better time having barbecue with my friends, though it was raining dogs and cats. Football on saturday evenings is only a pain in the neck!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 23:55
Star Player

Zahovic we forgive you. You are 1000 times better than Nuno Assis.

a short note because i don't want to spend time talking about this... Penafiel play with 5 defenders and Benfica still bet on the same 4-2-3-1? Death sentence.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2005, 23:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
What is with this team!... WTF!

O GLORIOSO

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 05:11
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

well i've watched the game a bit, mostly 2nd half , during a fondue party at friends...and...lets say, im still under the effect of the precious nectar but....from what i recall we did have some shots on goal? and we should have been called a couple penalties? but i didnt see the game in a proper way, so i cant really judge how we played...either way, with manuel and nuno out i wasnt expecting a great performance......and from your coments, it seems like it wasnt the kind of performance we been displaying lately?
anyways,its very very frustrating and a major disapointment but its still in our hands, we have to win both games that are left to play, and i trust we will and the cup too

Last edited by Inácio; May 8th, 2005 at 05:19.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 14:14
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
well i've watched the game a bit, mostly 2nd half , during a fondue party at friends...and...lets say, im still under the effect of the precious nectar but....from what i recall we did have some shots on goal? and we should have been called a couple penalties? but i didnt see the game in a proper way, so i cant really judge how we played...either way, with manuel and nuno out i wasnt expecting a great performance......and from your coments, it seems like it wasnt the kind of performance we been displaying lately?
anyways,its very very frustrating and a major disapointment but its still in our hands, we have to win both games that are left to play, and i trust we will and the cup too

did delibasic play? if he did how did he play?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 14:48
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

he did play, maybe half an hour i think...definetly his longest appearance for us, but i wasnt able to follow the game close enough to judge a specific players performance unfortunetaly he didnt score though

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 16:14
International

It's hard to blame the reff, when Pedro Proenca is 100% Benfiquista.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 17:28
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

sure, like in the game at Luz, versus porto...the ref was 100% benfica wasnt he? everyone was comenting it at the time anyways, i cant recall who he was btw....but we sure took a lot of benefit out of it

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 17:46
International

That's a totally different game, and that has nothing to do with Pedro Proenca.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 17:58
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes, its a diferent game and as i said, i cant recall who the ref was...but the issue is that u said : "It's hard to blame the reff, when Pedro Proenca is 100% Benfiquista"

...so u saying that because he is "benfiquista" he wouldnt possibly harm us..and what im pointing out is that it isnt so, since in the game with porto, people said the same from the ref, and as u know we were well screwed up.

being benfiquista or not is irrelevant when it comes to harming us in a game...or maybe not...maybe its just worse being benfiquista because they tend to act so "impartial" that they end up harming the team they are supposed to support

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2005, 18:33
Star Player

the ref was olegário benquerença

anyway, things always get even and simão could have also been sent off after tackling n'doye from behind and, consequently, be out of the derby against Sporting. I keep saying that Benfica, and teams in general, lose more points due to their own tactical/technical mistakes than from referees'.

What I really think it's urgent to fix is the way every guy talks about referees during the week without any punishment. In the latest weeks, José Couceiro, Pinto da Costa, Dias da Cunha, José Veiga (just to mention three or four) have always been pressing referees, mainly the ones involved in Benfica matches, and there is not anyone who punishes them. This way, they indirectly have influence in the referees' jobs and Portuguese football credibility in general.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in