30th matchday Estoril - BENFICA - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the game against Estoril?
Benfica win 5 71.43%
Draw 1 14.29%
Estoril win 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 13:14 Thread Starter
World Class Player

30th matchday Estoril - BENFICA

Benfica's domestic journey, hopefully leading to both: championship- and cup success, continues tomorrow with the away match against Estoril Praia, which kicks off at 7.15 pm local time.

As far as I am informed, Trapattoni again can work with the whole squad, which gives me the personal premonition, that he won't change the line-up he is using since weeks now (the cup-semifinal being an exception there) as is:

---
Quim

Miguel
Luisão
Ricardo Rocha
Dos Santos

Petit

Geovanni
Manuel Fernandes
Simao

Nuno Assis

Nuno Gomes
---

I personally am optimistic concerning that match and expect Benfica to win.. Actually it is a must-win, easy or not, given that Sporting will play Academica today (nuff said, I think)!

Força Benfica!

PS I've added a little poll, for you to vote what you expect our squad to achieve in this game.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bier; April 23rd, 2005 at 18:32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 13:21
Star Player

manuel fernandes is suspended. bruno aguiar will play
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 13:25 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Oh yes I remember. Hm, don't know what to think about this. On the one hand I think Bruno Aguiar's quality should be sufficient for Estoril but on the other hand Manu Fernandes is easily one of our key players this season and will definately be missed. However, I stick to it, we must win this game, whosoever we line up!

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 13:35
Star Player

I think if they are not able to beat Estoril, they don't deserve the title anyway.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 13:36
Star Player

the match will be played in algarve 20.000 supporters
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:14
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
of coz we will win this game. we cant lose a single point from now on!

the absence of manuel fernandes may cause some damage...but without wanting to sound patronising, estoril is a team we should be able to beat regardless of missing one or two or three key players :rollani:

nevertheless we have to have a very professional aproach, since estoril will do their best to beat us...im sure they are already pumping in extra cafeine

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:24 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
nevertheless we have to have a very professional aproach, since estoril will do their best to beat us...im sure they are already pumping in extra cafeine
bwahahahahahaha incredible, can't wait to see their eyes, ticking nervously every now and then, tomorrow from the cafeine-shock they must have.

not to FIFA: Put cafeine on the doping-list, goddamnit! (for Estoril's players own sake actually )
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:28
Star Player

there's too much pressure on this game. if benfica can't win then everyone is going to make fun of this
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:32 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Yeah, but that's what our players are professionals for, they have to be able to stand the pressure. Or they have to live with the jokes about them in reward, given they don't.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:45
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Here's the correct venue

According to TVI, Miguel is in doubt for this match.
Still, even if he does miss this match and with the confirmed absence of Manuel Fernandes, Benfica has the OBLIGATION to win the game.
We won't even be playing in a neutral stadium, we'll be playing at home with 90% of the stadium full of Benfica supporters.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 14:48
Star Player

yeah, miguel is doubtful and that's why trap called carlitos. honestly, i consider estoril the second worst team in the league (after moreirense) so of course they must win this. let's dedicate this win to zézé camarinha
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 16:02
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisPedroCat
let's dedicate this win to zézé camarinha
is that ...creature...a benfica supporter?!?

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 18:33 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
Here's the correct venue
Thanks, mate, changed it
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2005, 23:27
Star Player

Quote:
is that ...creature...a benfica supporter?!?
don't know about that. but he used to have that moustache...
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2005, 22:48 Thread Starter
World Class Player

2:1 win for Benfica,goals by Luisão and the great saviour Pedro Mantorras again.
Estoril proved to be a harder task then we'd expected, however, the way they played they obviously had to finish the game with a few red cards on their side (did you see the Geovanni-incident, when they fixed his arm on the sideline? Awesome) as they did. After Estoril scored early, Trapattoni reacted early and brought on Mantorras in the 30th minute, who as previously stated, again saved us (unforgotten will remain that one dribbling, where he made those two stepovers, touched the bottom and went past the starring defender. Pure world class IMO) 7 minutes after Luisão had headed in the vitalising equalizer in minute 76. In the end it was again no celebration of football (against a 10-men-defending-side though) but we achieved what had to be achieved and go 3 points clear at least until tomorrow at the top of the table, after Sporting drew 0:0 to Academica yesterday.
Força Benfica
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2005, 23:46
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

another tough game, but we made it

i dont think estoril made it hard..i think we made it hard by missing many goals once again...and what the hell is going on with those free kiks?!?!? everyone is setting them sooo bad!!!!

estoril was a very lame team, once more showing why they are the team with most cards...i mean, its impressive how they lack discipline, and their technical team is very unprofessional, how can they act like that?

the goal we suffered was probably the only shot they had on goal, and i only recall one "save" from moreira in all 96mins, when he had to "almost" go outside the box to prevent estoril's player from reaching the ball....

as for the goal we suffred....moreira had a big responsibility in it imo, he should have shown much better reflexes there

once more estoril's goalie was one of the best players on the pitch, if not the best lol impressive how he defended those 2 shots from nuno gomes in the 1st half, and many others all trhough the game

anyways, we won, thats what matters, and next game manuel fernandes and miguel should be back, and HOPEFULLY dos santos too and i just love the way that in spite of being nervous and anxious, the players go for the win right till the end, and the happiness they show each time a goal is scored

and btw...was that mantorras goal, an awesome goal or what? damn

though, i think he was holding a bit too much to the ball during most of the game :rollani:

and of coz, how can i forget....did u see when he dribbled himself, lost his balance, touched the grass with both hands....makes a sign with the left hand like saying to estorils player: hold it there man! and then gets up again LOL what a crack up...specially coz estorils player didnt even try to take the ball from him when he fell LOL

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2005, 23:57 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
i dont think estoril made it hard..i think we made it hard by missing many goals once again...and what the hell is going on with those free kiks?!?!? everyone is setting them sooo bad!!!!

as for the goal we suffred....moreira had a big responsibility in it imo, he should have shown much better reflexes there

and of coz, how can i forget....did u see when he dribbled himself, lost his balance, touched the grass with both hands....makes a sign with the left hand like saying to estorils player: hold it there man! and then gets up again LOL what a crack up...specially coz estorils player didnt even try to take the ball from him when he fell LOL
Yeah, I don't understand that too, I mean, I really like Petit as a player, but my friends and me always get mad when seeing him ready for freekick, since we can tell the outcome before. Straight onto some defender's back or into the clouds.

I wouldn't give the goal to Moreira though. He expected RicRocha to still get the ball and must have been aware of that in such situation the ball might slip into the different direction from RR's foot. He still showed some good reaction but it was just one of those lucky shots right into the corner I reckon. However, good to see him in goal again.

Yap Mantorras is just an incredible player, an artist actually, when it comes to keeping the ball in style (which you actually critisized, but I for some reason like to watch)
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2005, 00:11
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes i think he does hold the ball very well BUT he often tends to insist on keeping it when there are much better options, as a free player on his side, and today there were quite a few of those occasions. the thing is, imo, that if the other team is playing relatively open, yes a player like him can keep the ball on 101 or 102 or even 103 and then shoot but when the other team is playing all so closed in defense, u really have to pass the ball around , and avoid keeping it until 5 players are all over u and u finally shoot straight on to their legs....

and btw...nuno assis is back on his grey performances :rollani:

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2005, 00:16 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Agreed on Pedro's keeping of the ball. When I said I like to watch it, I didn't mean I do so for efficiency-reason, but just for the grace of this guy when touching the ball.

Well, it's not like Nuno Assis had plenty of time to show a lot But I as well expected more from him when we signed him. Still I rate him over Zahovic.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2005, 00:30
Star Player

my cable tv was down. no 2nd half for me. I despise these fvking TvCabo guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in