LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:13 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
"Mantorras is overrated!"

Bwahahahaha

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
:dielaugh:

O GLORIOSO

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:21
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
its like a dream

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:32
World Class Player

Hey guys what do you think of Miguel? Well I've been watching portuguese football on and off this season and I think this guy is much better than Ferreira.

Whats your opinions on him?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:39 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal
Hey guys what do you think of Miguel? Well I've been watching portuguese football on and off this season and I think this guy is much better than Ferreira.

Whats your opinions on him?
That's just number 319 of F1's clueless talent assessments. Miguel was the better player from day 1.

Miguel, currently, is Benfica's best player. There are very few lateral defenders in the world today with his range. No one covers 90 yards like he does.

When he was first moved from being a winger to a lateral defender, it took him a while to learn to play Defense. And as a young player, his corsses weren't there yet. But anyone who watched the guy play every game, like I did, would have to have been blind not to notice his weekly growth. You knew it was merely a matter of time before he was the undisputed best Portuguese right back, and now one of the best in the world.

Of course, to call it way before it became obvious takes insight, knowledge of the game and an eye for talent, undeveloped as it may be. F1 has as much of that as a dog's chances of surviving a day at a Korean meat market after it took a wrong turn.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Last edited by Pila; April 3rd, 2005 at 23:46.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:40
World Class Player

I share your opinion Faisal. :thmbup:

To the thread itself: Mantorras keeps answering his critics on the pitch. I just love this guy!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:43
World Class Player

Thanks Pila, Yeah his stamina is something else. Better than Ferreira in all areas.

btw who is F1?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:46 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal

btw who is F1?
Betta you not know.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:49
World Class Player

Ok lol
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2005, 23:51
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Now, I can wear my Mantorras kit that I bought way back in 2001 proudly.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 00:43
Forum Manager
Legend

I know Miguel actually signed an extension, but do you believe he'll be gone after this season?

O GLORIOSO

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 00:49
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i hope he doesnt, hes not only one of the best players in his postion worldwide..hes got mystic but its a possibility im afraid i dont know how much they would have to pay to get him...i think the contract says something like 15m?

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 00:52
World Class Player

I really hope he won't, but in football you'll never know and the financial arguments some clubs can offer are just more than we can come up with ... from all the players in the squad he has been there the longest time, since 2000 actually. He just belongs to Benfica IMO and I would want him to stay for as long as possible.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 00:53
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
i think the contract says something like 15m?
Well, at least that would be more than the pocket money we got for Tiago ... that was 8m, no?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 01:00
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yeah, or 10, im not sure. but tiago wanted to leave for free lol

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 02:01
International

A goal against Maritimo... let that sink in for a few moments.

Not to mention that horrible dive attempt. I'm sure something he decided to pick up along with the last injury.

Edit-Note: I can already tell one of you bastids, (Pila) will take the above comments seriously and go on my ass for about... um... a year about it and remembering only those comments. So before you even reply:

Miguel Vs. Ferreira, everybody has their opinions. I like Ferreira, and all the Benfiquistas obviously kiss Miguel's feet to no end. But then again, these are the same group of people who praise Luisao, and we need not be remembered of how many instances he had that made him look like a prick or classless douchebag this season.

Ferreira is simply reliable. Doesn't matter how a defender gets rid of an attacking risk, be it putting it for a corner, throw-in, or fouling the guy. As a defender that's his priority. Miguel is mostly praised solemly on his abilities in emulating Cafu. Which to me aren't that great, considering Ferreira is capable of doing the same role and being a better defender at the same time. Now some people like Miguel's attacking style, because ****, they worship a team that very seldomly has a good attacking game (today being one, and even then only during the last 20 minutes were they remotely class), I however, don't. A defender should be good at defending, an attacker at attacking, a midfielder as passing. And it should stay that way.

Back to Mantorras. He was overrated. Benfiquistas raved about him based on opinions from years back, and so thus, he was overrated. Any player that is "RATED" at all during a long-term injury is over-rated. Ole Gunner has been out for god knows how long now, but I don't see United fans raving about his games three years ago, or his performance against Millwall. But, seeing as we're in Portugal, the land of overhyping every thing that can hit a football, the opposite is true.

Based on right now, I already said before that he proved me wrong, but it doesn't change the fact he was overhyped/rated.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 02:11
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
Miguel Vs. Ferreira, everybody has their opinions. I like Ferreira, and all the Benfiquistas obviously kiss Miguel's feet to no end.
Ferreira is simply reliable. Doesn't matter how a defender gets rid of an attacking risk, be it putting it for a corner, throw-in, or fouling the guy. As a defender that's his priority. Miguel is mostly praised solemly on his abilities in emulating Cafu. Which to me aren't that great, considering Ferreira is capable of doing the same role and being a better defender at the same time. Now some people like Miguel's attacking style, because ****, they worship a team that very seldomly has a good attacking game (today being one, and even then only during the last 20 minutes were they remotely class), I however, don't. A defender should be good at defending, an attacker at attacking, a midfielder as passing. And it should stay that way.
You must've missed the game against Slovakia last Wednesday?

Ferreira was simply

As for Mantorras, he scored a precious goal in a pressure packed situation. Game tied, 3-up and Benfica knows to keep that 6 point cushion it needs to win. Doesn't get tougher than that.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 02:16
Forum Manager
Legend

I used to believe Ferreira was a better defender, but now not even. I still rate Ferreira high, but I've got to say that Miguel is the full package.

O GLORIOSO

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 03:43 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiraMarense
A goal against Maritimo... let that sink in for a few moments.

Not to mention that horrible dive attempt. I'm sure something he decided to pick up along with the last injury.

Edit-Note: I can already tell one of you bastids, (Pila) will take the above comments seriously and go on my ass for about... um... a year about it and remembering only those comments. So before you even reply:

Miguel Vs. Ferreira, everybody has their opinions. I like Ferreira, and all the Benfiquistas obviously kiss Miguel's feet to no end. But then again, these are the same group of people who praise Luisao, and we need not be remembered of how many instances he had that made him look like a prick or classless douchebag this season.

Back to Mantorras. He was overrated. Benfiquistas raved about him based on opinions from years back, and so thus, he was overrated. Any player that is "RATED" at all during a long-term injury is over-rated. Ole Gunner has been out for god knows how long now, but I don't see United fans raving about his games three years ago, or his performance against Millwall. But, seeing as we're in Portugal, the land of overhyping every thing that can hit a football, the opposite is true.

Based on right now, I already said before that he proved me wrong, but it doesn't change the fact he was overhyped/rated.
Yes, everyone has their own opinions - some are good, based on years of insight, intuition, experience and first hand information. And some are like yours, based on the self-evident stain on the tissue I wiped my ass with on this morning's ten o'cloker.

You have the right to soil these forums with your opinion, and I have a right to mock it for the shit it is made of. Capiche?

Now, Avenger, why don't you go tells us what a horrible header Costinha is?

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in