We will have 24 participants in the Group Stage that will count with 4 groups of 6 participants each. The Group Stage will be composed of 10 Match days as each participant will play the other 7 members of his/her group twice. Note this season will be a Saturday special, and I will only pick games in Saturday.
The top 2 of each group will qualify for the Quarter Finals.
Here is the key of the Quarter Finals:
1. Winner of Group A vs Runner-Up Group D
2. Winner of Group B vs Runner-Up Group C
3. Winner of Group C vs Runner-Up Group B
4. Winner of Group D vs Runner-Up Group A
...and this is the key for the Semi Finals:
Winner of QF1 vs Winner of QF3
Winner of QF2 vs Winner of QF4
The timeline is as follows:
Games to predict:
There will be 10 games per matchday to predict.
As usual there will be a thread for each matchday, with the fixtures and the final scores as they happen.
NB: Any game which is abandoned will be cancelled from the respective matchday.
The only bonus point available (1 point) will be given if any predictor gets the 10 predictions right in any given matchday.
In the Group Stage:
If you’re equal on points after 10 matchdays, the following criteria apply:
1) Overall Points (without bonus points)
2) Goals scored
3) Direct duel
4) Highest single score
5) Tie-breaker (to be played before the round of 16)
In the Knock-out Rounds:
If you’re equal on goals after the 2nd leg, the following criteria apply:
1) Higher single score (e.g. 6+4 is better than 5+5).
2) Goals scored during the Group Stage.
3) Highest single score during the Group Stage.
4) Lower number of times missing to predict.
5) Tie-breaker (to be played before the following round).
As usual you will use the prediction league set up in the PL-system.
I will try to have predictions up on each Monday, .
The deadline to predict will be on Saturday morning (the latest at 12:30 IST).
Failing to predict:
Participants failing to predict 3 times are automatically eliminated
. The points achieved by the opponents of those eliminated will remain valid in all match days of the Group Stage. This means that if you are scheduled to play someone that is already eliminated you should nevertheless predict because those points will count for the overall table and will be used in the eventual case of finishing with equal points with another player.
BEST OF LUCK.