Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
As it seems that it is a great effort for some of you gentlemen to click on the rules thread and actually read the only post in it, here is the knockouts tie-break section of it:
In the Knock-out Rounds:
If you’re equal on goals after the 2nd leg, the following criteria apply:
1) Higher single score (e.g. 6+4 is better than 5+5).
2) Direct duel during the Group Stage (if both were in the same group).
3) Goals scored during the Group Stage.
4) Highest single score during the Group Stage.
5) Tie-breaker (to be played before the following round).
I've been playing XCC since 2005/06 and these never changed. If a silly away rules existed it's from before that season.
Maturin did go through because he had a better overall number of points than Ezekiel during group stage.
Tigerheart was eliminated because he scored 5+8 in the Round of 16 against 9+4 by Moe.
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”