XCC 2013/14 - Group Stage, Matchday 1 - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
XCC 2013/14 - Group Stage, Matchday 1

XCC 2013/14 - Group Stage, Matchday 1

Games to predict:

1 ENG: Tottenham vs Chelsea
2 ESP: Betis Sevilla vs Villarreal
3 ITA: Torino vs Juventus
4 BRA: Internacional vs Cruzeiro
5 ARG: Tigre vs Colón
6 GER: Hertha Berlin vs Mainz 05
7 FRA: Olympique Lyon vs Lille OSC
8 NOR: Tromsö vs Start
9 FIN: PK-35 vs HJK
10 MOZ: Chingale de Tete vs Estrela Vermelha
11 COL: Alianza Petrolera vs Deportivo Cali
12 QAT: Al Gharafa vs Al Sailiya
13 JAM: Humble Lions vs Waterhouse



Prediction deadline: Saturday, 28 Sep., 11:00 CET

Please use the PL-tool to predict.


*****

Group fixtures:

Group A:
Ronaldwho? vs Tenkay
PrasK vs bono
gravesends vs Harry Potter
Q007 vs Filipe Reis

Group B:
Ezekiel; 25:17 vs Knoert
Moe vs Kopite
Teak vs TheAnswer87
rastgele vs boumavilla

Group C:
Runes Order vs Deeplying
HOMESMOINA! vs MetinK5
Maturin vs Fruit Salad
Inácio vs Tigerheart

Group D:
SacHercegovac vs Bosanac
HajdukSplit vs Marvin
Krle vs Berbatov_9
チャットキラー vs Wally



"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Filipe Reis; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:02.
Filipe Reis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:46
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
I have two questions. Number one is a general one, number two about a fixture.

#1: I know I am new (or rather didn't play for 11 years) and I don't want to cause trouble but how is it supposed to show football knowledge by predicting Mozambique, Qatari or Jamaican league matches? Nobody can seriously watch those regularly if at all. So it is about being good at guessing or good at reading statistics. Even some of the others (like Finnish etc.) are at most for ehm well Finns... To me there are enough interesting fixtures in the big leagues where then at least it comes down to knowledge about those teams and leagues and not just guessing. Anyway, as I said, do it however you want to do, it is just a suggestion/question.

#2: If I am not completely wrong the fixture in the Finnish league does not exist. They played last matchday but in reverse order and the next match of the home team would be against Turku I think. And actually that one only is Wednesday 2nd October so I don't think it is a good idea to have it in, unless you don't want to predict every week. So am I completely wrong here or is that a mistake?

Cheers.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I have two questions. Number one is a general one, number two about a fixture.

#1: I know I am new (or rather didn't play for 11 years) and I don't want to cause trouble but how is it supposed to show football knowledge by predicting Mozambique, Qatari or Jamaican league matches? Nobody can seriously watch those regularly if at all. So it is about being good at guessing or good at reading statistics. Even some of the others (like Finnish etc.) are at most for ehm well Finns... To me there are enough interesting fixtures in the big leagues where then at least it comes down to knowledge about those teams and leagues and not just guessing. Anyway, as I said, do it however you want to do, it is just a suggestion/question.

#2: If I am not completely wrong the fixture in the Finnish league does not exist. They played last matchday but in reverse order and the next match of the home team would be against Turku I think. And actually that one only is Wednesday 2nd October so I don't think it is a good idea to have it in, unless you don't want to predict every week. So am I completely wrong here or is that a mistake?

Cheers.
Two quick answers:

1) XCC's format includes in every matchday 5 games from the top 5 European leagues (ENG, ESP, ITA, FRA, GER) plus two other European leagues; two games from the top two South American leagues (BRA and ARG), plus 4 games from leagues from each of the other 4 football continental confederations. It's supposed to be a worldwide PL and it is indeed a mixture between "knowledge" and luck. Some people like it and others don't that is why some people play it and others don't. :smileani:

2) That is the Finnish Cup Final. Last night the site that I use for the fixtures had it as being Rovaniemen vs Kuopion and this morning they changed it to PK-35 vs HJK. I hope tomorrow they will not change it again! Thanks for noticing it.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
 
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: California Gully
Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Posts: 42,169
Blog Entries: 43
Submitted my predictions. Facing Wally I'll probably be on the end of a hammering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Jeffrey is offline  
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 13:52
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
2) That is the Finnish Cup Final. Last night the site that I use for the fixtures had it as being Rovaniemen vs Kuopion and this morning they changed it to PK-35 vs HJK. I hope tomorrow they will not change it again! Thanks for noticing it.
Then unfortunately I confused you (I only searched league games initially).
The cup final is indeed the fixture that you had first. However according to wiki it is played on 27th already which would then make the deadline hilarious since we can all wait for the outcome before predicting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Finnish_Cup

Before I submit my predictions (already wrote them down for most games) I would like you to clarify the match (cup final or not ) and the exact date of the deadline.

Sorry to bother but it seems important.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 16:00
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
I think Reis is trolling you TigerHeart.

For being so insolent in questioning his original Finnish fixture he has now decided that we all have to predict the Womens Finnish Cup Final.

Thanks TigerHeart.
Maturin is offline  
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 16:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Then unfortunately I confused you (I only searched league games initially).
The cup final is indeed the fixture that you had first. However according to wiki it is played on 27th already which would then make the deadline hilarious since we can all wait for the outcome before predicting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Finnish_Cup

Before I submit my predictions (already wrote them down for most games) I would like you to clarify the match (cup final or not ) and the exact date of the deadline.

Sorry to bother but it seems important.
Here's the link to the game that I selected: http://int.soccerway.com/national/fi.../final-stages/

As people already predicted there is no way to change it.

Sometimes it happens that we can't predict all games because either fixtures change, games are cancelled, postponed, etc. It's not that important.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 16:15
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
OK, then we are going to predict the women, fine with me.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 16:33
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Done. Have to say the last 4 at least were complete guessing.
So have to rely on the knowledge ones to be good enough or my opponent to not be super lucky with his guesses (I can't believe we have experts for Jamaica or Mozambique in here p). Anyway, bring it on.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 19:16
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Since I am new to the prediction system, when can I see what my opponent has predicted? Or can only the administrator = Felipe Reis calculate and I cannot already calculate myself from the first games of a particular weekend? Just wondering how it works, back in the day I published what the participants predicted after the deadline but I don't expect that with 32 people. But maybe the system does that kinda automatic or so...

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 20:30
Xtratime Legend
 
Berbatov_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: MS/EL
Teams: some clubs. Italy&Oranje
Posts: 22,487
haha. Humble Lions vs Waterhouse

when do they play, if there are streams please tell me.

20xx

SCHWARZ WEISS GRÜN

AAAAAALEEEEEEZ, AAAAAALEEEEEEZ!!!!!!
Berbatov_9 is offline  
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 20:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Since I am new to the prediction system, when can I see what my opponent has predicted? Or can only the administrator = Felipe Reis calculate and I cannot already calculate myself from the first games of a particular weekend? Just wondering how it works, back in the day I published what the participants predicted after the deadline but I don't expect that with 32 people. But maybe the system does that kinda automatic or so...
I'm the Big Brother here and my name is Filipe. :fero:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 22:03
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
I'm the Big Brother here and my name is Filipe. :fero:
Yeah yeah, sorry.
Still I expect an answer. :fero: p

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 22:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Yeah yeah, sorry.
Still I expect an answer. :fero: p
That was the answer.

In other words, I can see who predicted but not what people predicted. Only after I introduce the final scores, which is done after all games finished, it's possible to see who predicted what.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 22:55
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
That was the answer.

In other words, I can see who predicted but not what people predicted. Only after I introduce the final scores, which is done after all games finished, it's possible to see who predicted what.
Too bad, then the only thing one can do is counting the own result or ask the opponent what he predicted.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2013, 23:00
Expecto patronum!
Legend
 
Harry Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Location: Macedonia, where the sun shines
Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
Posts: 13,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Too bad, then the only thing one can do is counting the own result or ask the opponent what he predicted.
its not bad. if u know what your opponent has predicted, than u can change your predictions and even u can copy his and get a draw.
Harry Potter is offline  
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2013, 10:46
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
NOOO. After the deadline!!! I said that.
Obviously not before since as you said it wouldn't make any sense. But after the prediction deadline nothing can be changed anymore so I will definitely post my predictions and ask my opponent to do the same or send them to me via PM. I always liked counting over the weekend (going in front or trailing after the first matches etc.).

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2013, 03:55
Star Player
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Dubai-UAE
Teams: Bayern Muenchen -German NT
Posts: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I always liked counting over the weekend.
Do you know how to count to 13? p

If you no like my quotes, clips, and pics, they execute me. You can like my photo pictures and a horse urine links. Please to have visual pleasure!




Marvin is offline  
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2013, 10:27
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Tigerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: Düsseldorf
Teams: Bayern München
Posts: 17,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Do you know how to count to 13? p
I hardly need to do since I doubt I'll get 13 points.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Tigerheart is offline  
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2013, 09:05
Premier Player
 
Runes Order's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2000
Location: Hoevenen, Belgium
Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Posts: 1,608
Matchday 1 .... Here we go ....

Winner of the Xtratime Champions Cup 2006/2007
Winner of the XCC PL 2006/2007
8th in the XCC PL 2007/2008
2nd in the XCC PL 2008/2009
Semi-finalist Xtratime Champions Cup 2009/2010
2nd in the XCC PL 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013
Runes Order is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome