Welcome to the Xtratime Champions Cup 2014/15!
We will have 32 participants in the Group Stage that will count with 4 groups of 8 participants each. The Group Stage will be composed of 14 Matchdays as each participant will play the other 7 members of his/her group twice.
The top 4 of each group will qualify for the Round of 16.
Here is the key of the Round of 16:
1. Winner of Group A vs 4th placed of Group D
2. Winner of Group B vs 4th placed of Group C
3. Winner of Group C vs 4th placed of Group B
4. Winner of Group D vs 4th placed of Group A
5. Runner-Up Group A vs 3rd placed Group D
6. Runner-Up Group B vs 3rd placed Group C
7. Runner-Up Group C vs 3rd placed Group B
8. Runner-Up Group D vs 3rd placed Group A
Here is the key of the Quarter Finals:
QF1 - Winner of match 1 vs Winner of match 7
QF2 - Winner of match 2 vs Winner of match 8
QF3 - Winner of match 3 vs Winner of match 5
QF4 - Winner of match 4 vs Winner of match 6
...and this is the key for the Semi Finals:
Winner of QF1 vs Winner of QF3
Winner of QF2 vs Winner of QF4
The timeline is as follows:
11 Oct-12 Oct: Group Stage, Matchday 1
18 Oct-19 Oct: Group Stage, Matchday 2
25 Oct-26 Oct: Group Stage, Matchday 3
01 Nov-02 Nov: Group Stage, Matchday 4
08 Nov-09 Nov: Group Stage, Matchday 5
15 Nov-16 Nov: Group Stage, Matchday 6
22 Nov-23 Nov: Group Stage, Matchday 7
29 Nov-30 Nov: Group Stage, Matchday 8
06 Dec-07 Dec: Group Stage, Matchday 9
13 Dec-14 Dec: Group Stage, Matchday 10
20 Dec-21 Dec: Group Stage, Matchday 11
10 Jan-11 Jan: Group Stage, Matchday 12
17 Jan-18 Jan: Group Stage, Matchday 13
24 Jan-25 Jan: Group Stage, Matchday 14
31 Jan-01 Feb: Round of 16, 1st leg
07 Feb-08 Feb: Round of 16, 2nd leg
14 Feb-15 Feb: Quarter final, 1st leg
21 Feb-22 Feb: Quarter final, 2nd leg
28 Feb-01 Mar: Semi final, 1st leg
07 Mar-08 Mar: Semi final, 2nd leg
14 Mar-15 Mar: Final, 1st leg
21 Mar-22 Mar: Final, 2nd leg
Games to predict:
There will be 13 games per matchday to predict.
These 13 games will be broken down as follows:
* 1 game each of the 5 European top leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France)
* 1 game each of the 2 South American top leagues (Brazil and Argentina)
* 2 games of other European leagues
* 4 games of leagues from other continents (Africa, Asia, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF and Oceania)
As usual there will be a thread for each matchday, with the fixtures and the final scores as they happen.
NB: Any game which is abandoned will be cancelled from the respective matchday.
The only bonus point available (1 point) will be given if any predictor gets the 13 predictions right in any given matchday.
In the Group Stage:
If you’re equal on points after 14 matchdays, the following criteria apply:
1) Overall Points (without bonus points)
2) Goals scored
3) Direct duel
4) Highest single score
5) Tie-breaker (to be played before the round of 16)
In the Knock-out Rounds:
If you’re equal on goals after the 2nd leg, the following criteria apply:
1) Higher single score (e.g. 6+4 is better than 5+5).
2) Goals scored during the Group Stage.
3) Highest single score during the Group Stage.
4) Lower number of times missing to predict.
5) Tie-breaker (to be played before the following round).
As usual you will use the prediction league set up in the PL-system.
I will try to have predictions up on each Monday. If you are unavailable to predict, please PM me with your predictions but beware that I will only accept a maximum of two late predictions per person during the entire season.
The deadline to predict will be on Saturday morning (the latest at 12 CET) as I will not pick any games played on Fridays.
Failing to predict:
Participants failing to predict 5 times are automatically eliminated. The points achieved by the opponents of those eliminated will remain valid in all matchdays of the Group Stage. This means that if you are scheduled to play someone that is already eliminated you should nevertheless predict because those points will count for the overall table and will be used in the eventual case of finishing with equal points with another player.
Good luck and have fun!