XCC 2008/09 - assistance required - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2008, 21:00 Thread Starter
International

XCC 2008/09 - assistance required

Hi all!

After the great XCC 2007/08 competition I'm sure everyone is looking forward to XCC 2008/09. Well, in short, for job reasons and me being in the process of moving, I won't have the time to run the competition on my own. So to make a competition possible, I'd need one or two persons to assist me. I'd take care of the PL-management, but you'd have to select the games to predict, calculate the results, etc. If you're interested, please send a pm so we could "talk" about the details.
Thanks!

best regards, tgv325
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2008, 10:46
Premier Player

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Wished I could help you out this year but we are rebuilding a house so some weeks I probably will be busy too late and I hope that I still can predict in time... Not a bad idea to ask my successor ( TomRSCA ) or Marvin ... 2 reliable posters

Winner of the Xtratime Champions Cup 2006/2007
Winner of the XCC PL 2006/2007
8th in the XCC PL 2007/2008
2nd in the XCC PL 2008/2009
Semi-finalist Xtratime Champions Cup 2009/2010
2nd in the XCC PL 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2008, 21:09
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Ill help out, PM on its way.

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2008, 21:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
I've PMed tgv a few minutes after he posted his request for help a week ago so I'm just waiting for him to say what needs to be done.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2008, 11:44
Star Player

Teams: KVK Tienen
I noticed nobody responded on here for quite a long time, so I guessed everybody pm'd tgv. I'm sure enough help will show up. Can't do it myself though, busy job, family life, etc ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2008, 07:32
Rising Star

Teams: Rabotnicki, Macedonia
Lucky we still have XCC cause we don't even have the EPL or Australian it has been cut down a lot... disappointing

Alex e Champion History Table..

3rd English PL 07/08

Semi-Final XCC PC 07/08

Runners Up Manchester United PL 07/08

( In Bold ) ** Xtratime Champions Cup
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2008, 15:47
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
its good to hear that there r ppl who want to help, if this was requested last year I would have surely helped too, but as u can see Im not at XT so much as I used too, I have no so much time anymore.

I also had to quit as a mod of the Inter PL and the Macedonian PL, this season I will only moderate the Italian PL.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2008, 17:59
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
I also had to quit as a mod of the Inter PL and the Macedonian PL, this season I will only moderate the Italian PL.

Don't take the wrong way but I'm almost forced to play the Italian PL because the ones I usual play ( 3 Scottisch, German, .. ) are not moderated this year. Also me has a lack of time ( read to remember )to moderate a PL this year...
Some posts in this thread comes from people who are here from 2001 or like myself 2000 and some who are already here for some years...

Maybe it's time to get some new blood in the PL's because must of us have a busy job and a family now ...

If no-one volunteers for moderating the Champions League PL or UEFA Cup PL, which I turned down last year, then I'll do it this year if asked offcourse ...

Greets,
Filip

Not a bad idea as each moderator from last year tries to find a successor ....

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2008, 22:29
Star Player

Teams: KVK Tienen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes Order View Post
Some posts in this thread comes from people who are here from 2001 or like myself 2000 and some who are already here for some years...
Yeah, in those days I even had time to write a CM story on this forum

Now I work hard for my job, try to get the house we bought in order and change my son's diapers

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2008, 15:46 Thread Starter
International

Sorry for the delay - as you can see I'm unfortunately very short of time.

Filipe, Alex, La_Fadabeilo: I assigned you as league managers, so from now on you can basically do everything on your own, except for editing result if someone predicts via PM or something like that. From October I should have some more time to help you, if necessary.
For now: just decide on a modus, on the number of participants and adjust the rules of the competition, if necessary. After that it's just setting the playing dates and picking the first couple of games to predict. Feel free to change the modus of the competition or simply copy & paste last season's system - just as you like.

Filip: if you want I'd assign you as PL-Manager for UEFA-cup and CL.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2008, 18:54
Premier Player

Will only have time for one this year... If possible, I can place the CL-matches asap

Last edited by Runes Order; August 25th, 2008 at 16:55. Reason: typo
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2008, 00:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgv325 View Post
Sorry for the delay - as you can see I'm unfortunately very short of time.

Filipe, Alex, La_Fadabeilo: I assigned you as league managers, so from now on you can basically do everything on your own, except for editing result if someone predicts via PM or something like that. From October I should have some more time to help you, if necessary.
For now: just decide on a modus, on the number of participants and adjust the rules of the competition, if necessary. After that it's just setting the playing dates and picking the first couple of games to predict. Feel free to change the modus of the competition or simply copy & paste last season's system - just as you like.

Filip: if you want I'd assign you as PL-Manager for UEFA-cup and CL.
I have PMed the other two XCC PL managers a few minutes after you've posted this message and I am still waiting for an answer. If this is a sample of their rhyhthm of answering to PMs than I fear the worst.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2008, 01:09
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Sorry about me not been online.

Back now.

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2008, 17:49
Premier Player

Well, the format isn't ideal to have an exciting lot of participants in this PL, that's true !
On the other hand don't have the moderators many options left with so few people predicting, so this should be a crossover year where the moderators can think about
A: An ideal format and learn how this Pl works ( it's completely different than other PL's )
B: How do get more motivated players in
C: ...

Sad, to see Alban go, a reliable predictor less, pity that he can't see that he could help to make a new foundation for this PL. I respect our previous moderator (tgv325) very much but everyone must make sacrifices in his life and it's normal that you can't do everything anymore at one time....Another for him !!

Looking further it's up to "who ? " to get more people involved in the normal formats from the Pl's. There's isn't an English, German, Scottish, Rangers, Celtic, Turkish,... Pl anymore this year...
In my opinion there should be a few special announcments and a lot of promotions and that may draw good and reliable predictors ...

Greets,

Filip
aka
Runes Order

ps : If no-one volunteers for the UEFA-Cup PL, I'll manage it. But honestly, I don't have a lot of time ... So maybe a good initiative from everyone who cares about our Prediction League future is to start to find someone for this PL

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2008, 10:40
Rising Star

Teams: Rabotnicki, Macedonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes Order View Post
Well, the format isn't ideal to have an exciting lot of participants in this PL, that's true !
On the other hand don't have the moderators many options left with so few people predicting, so this should be a crossover year where the moderators can think about
A: An ideal format and learn how this Pl works ( it's completely different than other PL's )
B: How do get more motivated players in
C: ...

Sad, to see Alban go, a reliable predictor less, pity that he can't see that he could help to make a new foundation for this PL. I respect our previous moderator (tgv325) very much but everyone must make sacrifices in his life and it's normal that you can't do everything anymore at one time....Another for him !!

Looking further it's up to "who ? " to get more people involved in the normal formats from the Pl's. There's isn't an English, German, Scottish, Rangers, Celtic, Turkish,... Pl anymore this year...
In my opinion there should be a few special announcments and a lot of promotions and that may draw good and reliable predictors ...

Greets,

Filip
aka
Runes Order

ps : If no-one volunteers for the UEFA-Cup PL, I'll manage it. But honestly, I don't have a lot of time ... So maybe a good initiative from everyone who cares about our Prediction League future is to start to find someone for this PL
You forgot Macedonian Predcition too my man!

i know, but how could no one do England, it is one of the best predictions leagues ever it's a shame there have been a lot of people living not taking interest this is badd for the future of XPL's ...

Alex e Champion History Table..

3rd English PL 07/08

Semi-Final XCC PC 07/08

Runners Up Manchester United PL 07/08

( In Bold ) ** Xtratime Champions Cup
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2008, 12:56
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex e Champion View Post
You forgot Macedonian Predcition too my man!

i know, but how could no one do England, it is one of the best predictions leagues ever it's a shame there have been a lot of people living not taking interest this is badd for the future of XPL's ...
Indeed, i will play the Mac PL as poorly as this PL this year ( did you see where I stand after 2 scores :rollani: )
Maybe it's up to the new generation, the youngsters, to promote the PL's, no ?

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2008, 23:23
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
I agree with Alban and positive focus, but Im not quitin. groups with only 4 players is boring, unless we play just two times each coz playin 4 times a same person is far from interestin.

maybe 6 players in one group??

anyway, Ive missed two rounds of the qualifications, I thought that Im directly qualified in the group stage like last season, and the season before the last. usualy we have a pre-list with reliable members that dont need to qualify...
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2008, 00:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I agree with Alban and positive focus, but Im not quitin. groups with only 4 players is boring, unless we play just two times each coz playin 4 times a same person is far from interestin.

maybe 6 players in one group??

I'll take note of your opinion.

Quote:
anyway, Ive missed two rounds of the qualifications, I thought that Im directly qualified in the group stage like last season, and the season before the last. usualy we have a pre-list with reliable members that dont need to qualify...

That would be true if we've had masses of people participating at the qualifying stage but that was not the case.

Nelson Mandela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in