Xtratime Community banner

Rumors and transfers

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  ToniSamp 
#1 ·
The 30 yo goalie Sirigu is joining Torino on a free from Paris Saint Germain who agreed a rescission of the contract (Sirigu's contract with PSG expired in 2018). He is going to sign a 2-season contract with Torino. The Sardinian goalie will be the replacement of Joe Hart who left the club.
Other rumors involve the Italo-argentinian center back Paletta (very likely to happen) and the Belgian center back of Roma Vermaelen (very unlikely). Castan left the club instead.
Torino also offered 16 million euros to Napoli for the center forward Duvan Zapata, who might be the replacement of Belotti. Napoli want 25 million euros. Torino are also after Simeone Jr of Genoa, while Maxi Lopez and his washing machine could join the forever-second club from the capoluogo ligure.

#3 ·
I know it's old news, but it's great to not have Joe Hart as Torino keeper. That I like Sirigu is just a bonus.

Tonisamp, to answer your question, No. I don't think it would be wise for Torino to both not cash in on Belotti's current value, and also bring in another central striker to mess with his positioning which may bring his trade value down.

#4 ·
The 27 yo Camerounian center back of Lyon Nicholas N'Koulou joins Torino on loan for half a million euros. 3.5 million euros for converting it into a full transfer. N'Koulou was linked to other Italian clubs when he was playing for Marseille, Napoli in particular, but in the last season at Lyon he has hardly played.

#5 ·
Love the signing of Niang... Very curious to see how him and Belotti play together up front.

My optimism is tempered a bit with how they are going to replace Benassi & Zappacosta. Those were two young, quality players, who are only getting better, and they both ate up a ton of minutes last year.

#6 ·
Ola Aina to Torino on a full transfer for 10 million euros. He spent the past season at Torino on loan from Chelsea.

Torino had already spent 3.5 million euros for the full transfer of Koffi Djidji, while the full transfers of Niang and Ljajic to Rennes and Besiktas respectively brought 21.5 million euros to Torino.

#8 ·
While sources tell us that Torino made a 20 + 5 (bonuses) million euros offer for Verdi, Urbano Cairo in an interview told us that more players will be bought just if Torino gains qualification to the group stages of the EL. Cairo also told us he refused offers for Belotti (60 milioni euros, from West Ham), Izzo, who has just prolonged his contract with Torino till 2024, and a 15 million euros offer for Lyanco coming from Bologna. Lyanco should also prolong his contract with Torino till 2024 soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.