Uefa Europa League Final -Help for a Benfica fan! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2014, 23:45 Thread Starter
Rookie

Uefa Europa League Final -Help for a Benfica fan!

Hello Torino fans! I am going to watch the final, at your beautiful city, next wednesday. I have bought the ticket thru Ebay. I have read that the admission in Italy is very restricted, and they ask you for the personal ID, to verify that it complies with the name printed on the ticket. Is this true?

Also, regarding the day, could you give me some insights on how to go from the aeroport to the stadium?

Also, besides the tour to the cathedral ( to pay my hommage to the Torino heores), what else can we do, for the remaining of th day ( before the game )?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 02:46
Star Player

Teams: TORO, River, Union, many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCF.2014 View Post
Hello Torino fans! I am going to watch the final, at your beautiful city, next wednesday. I have bought the ticket thru Ebay. I have read that the admission in Italy is very restricted, and they ask you for the personal ID, to verify that it complies with the name printed on the ticket. Is this true?

Also, regarding the day, could you give me some insights on how to go from the aeroport to the stadium?

Also, besides the tour to the cathedral ( to pay my hommage to the Torino heores), what else can we do, for the remaining of th day ( before the game )?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo.
Due to regulations with an Ultras edict years ago, I'm aware your name has to match the ticket (I had to fax my ID actually when I went to the stadium on away games but not at home that I remember)

I never used Caselle (airport code TRN) There is a service that runs to and fro the Airport towards the two major stations Porta Susa-Porta Nuova) the latter one if I'm not mistaken links with the 'metro/underground'

The link is here:
http://csn1.to.infn.it/doc/sadem.pdf

I stayed at the ostello della gioventu (in #$%&/*tus area) and it was pretty cheap too!

Now, it's pretty difficult for me to write how to get to that cesspool without gagging so welp, here's the deal: (highlight to see)

BY PLANE - From Caselle airport take the highway up to Corso Grosseto . Turn right in front of the stage you're at the end of the course Grosseto. The route with regular traffic via port 20 minutes.

BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT - Public transport to the #$%&/* Stadium : here are the directions to the stadium by public transport during the matches :
To the stadium
- Up to Bernini Metro + tram shuttle 9b
Path 9b: P.za Bernini - C.so Tassoni - C.so Switzerland - V. Borgaro - C.so Molise - Terminal GTT Stadium
- Metro line to Massaua + 62 ( operates daily ) or 62b (Monday - Friday)
- Lines 62 , 72, 72b , 75 ( open everyday ) or 62b (Monday - Friday)
from Stage
- 9b shuttle tram to get to the Metro ( Bernini) or Porta Nuova . Last departure 45 ' after the end of the game .
9b Path : Terminal GTT Stadium - C.so Molise - C.so Tuscany - See Borgaro - C.so Switzerland - C.so Tassoni - P.za Bernini - C.so Ferrucci - P.za Adriano - C.so Vittorio Emanuele - Porta Nuova
- Line 3: Terminal GTT Stage buses depart in the direction of the square Hermada ( match days only )
- Lines 62 , 72, 72b , 75 ( open everyday ) or 62b (Monday - Friday)

ADDRESS - For all those who wish to set forth the exact GPS on the new #$%&/* Stadium and be guided to your destination , the address is: Strada Comunale di Altessano , 131 .

There's plenty to see all around, depending on your tastes. Torino can easily be dubbed the city of museums, from the Natural Science, the Egyptian museum, the Shroud of Turin, the Automobile Museum, to the Film History one (near la Mole) There's the famed Teatro Regio (near Piazza Castello) and behind it the Royal Gardens, a nice place to spend an afternoon.

You can visit Piazza San Carlo (heart of the city), as the city itself is full of portici, this is one of the most famed ones.

I once bought a dolce di mela and toma cheese in the surroundings of the Piazza Carlo Felice (in front of Porta Nuova)that was the death of me Don't forget to taste the creme brulee and the wine, especially the Pinot Grigio and the Barbera!

If you want you can take the Lungo Diaz (side of the Po river) for a walk and maybe see the canoe club practising. They depart from il Parco Valentino, near the University of Turin.

I do not recommend La Gran Madre, one of the churches in the magic European triangle (also formed by the Barcelona cathedral and the cathedral of Lyon) as the zone used to be not very pleasasnt.

If you want it to be a football-only visit, there is a place which is special to see and that's the remainders of the Filadelfia stadium. On Via Filadelfia 29, Torino, in front of it, you can find the Sweet Bar, which is a meeting place for all things Toro (it's our Ultras bar)

If I'm not mistaken there's also a trattoria granata not far away from it (called Al Fila right now, not sure it's the same from 8 years back)

There's Il Grande Torino museum (which you can visit taking the bus number 17) in Grugliasco, but it opens only on weekends and for big groups on weekdays only.

If you need further details or more advice, post over here, I'm also fluent in Portuguese if that helps

EDIT: Sorry, mixed up two Piazzas!

Every energy, smile, blink, inbreath, heartbeat skip, gesture of longing in my life comes from you,Toro!

The stars are the eyes of all our beloved and departed fellow Granata, reflecting their love upon their kin... us.

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978
FACCHETTI, PUSKAS, LIEDHOLM, MYTHS OF A LONG-LOST SOCCER

Last edited by Yuumei; May 8th, 2014 at 17:07.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 09:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Perfect. :thmbup. I couldn't have written it any better even if I live in Torino.

As regards the airport
http://www.gtt.to.it/aeroporto/

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 12:43 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yuumei, muito obrigado! So, this means in theory, they won't stop me from entreing the stadium? Do you know if there's going to be any Fan Center, during the day, in the city? Hope to see some of you guys, chanting for Benfica!..

Regards,

Hugo
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 12:54
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Perfect. :thmbup. I couldn't have written it any better even if I live in Torino.

As regards the airport
http://www.gtt.to.it/aeroporto/

TOOOOONIII :glomps:

Oh the GTT Sweet sour memories, I always ended passing the wrong butt of the ticket because I lost the one I had just purchased... and I ended up fined once XD
Uhm I assumed that that chart was linked to the GTT ://

Every energy, smile, blink, inbreath, heartbeat skip, gesture of longing in my life comes from you,Toro!

The stars are the eyes of all our beloved and departed fellow Granata, reflecting their love upon their kin... us.

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 13:00
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
seem that the old yuumei is coming back
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 13:29
Star Player

Chinaren:

Hugo, let's see... Fan Center in the center... uhm, unless it's the Toro Store I cannot recall another... because the Sweet Bar is located in the "outskirts" of the city. (Corso Unione Sovietica area can be considered downtown, right, Toni?)

Toro Store is in piazza Castello 10, right in the heart of Turin. I have forgotten where's the bar where the ToroClub Internet meets, which is less downtown than the Sweet (I went there once or twice and curse my brain, I cannot recall where it is)

ps. IMHO you may need a 3 hour shower once you are out of the stadium so schedule that too XD
pps. Your name is Hugo and I believe not in coincidences, my father was named Hugo and it's his merit if I'm a Torino fan

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2014, 23:06 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi again Yummei. By Fan Center, i mean an area build by UEFA, for this occasion only. When we had the Euro 2004 back in Lisbon, they had that, and i noticed they are building it in Lisbon, for the Champions League final.

Once again, you can reassure me that they won't check that the name printed in the ticket, matches my personal id?

Regards.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2014, 00:13
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCF.2014 View Post
Hi again Yummei. By Fan Center, i mean an area build by UEFA, for this occasion only. When we had the Euro 2004 back in Lisbon, they had that, and i noticed they are building it in Lisbon, for the Champions League final.

Once again, you can reassure me that they won't check that the name printed in the ticket, matches my personal id?

Regards.
Uhm, I differ... this is what I wrote:
Quote:
Due to regulations with an Ultras edict years ago, I'm aware your name has to match the ticket (I had to fax my ID actually when I went to the stadium on away games but not at home that I remember)
but this is valid for the domestic league.

UEFAis more precise http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...d=2099975.html

It says it has to match... :broken:

Now, I'm not European nor I live in Turin... so I might be only of limited help

ps. no news of the Fans Center anywhere. I'll ask my journalist friends and see if they know more.

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in