2010-2011: Where do we go from here? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 22:38 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
2010-2011: Where do we go from here?

No matter how we feel about the playoffs, the fact is, we are facing another season in Serie B. We have many players on co-ownerships and loans, and a good deal of the players we do own outright are probably bound to leave.

Players on loan (*=diretto di riscato):

Agostino Garofalo*
Rocco D'Aiello*
Simone Loria
Davide Zoboli* (from the f**kers themselves)
Ahmed Barusso
Manuel Coppola
Manolo Pestrin*
Giuseppe Statella*
Gaël Genevier
Filippo Antonelli Agomeri*
Julio César León
Luigi Alberto Scaglia*
Sergiu Suciu
Inácio Piá

In addition we have these players on co-ownership deals:

Mario Salgado (w/ Foggia)
Danilo D'Ambrosio (w/ Juve Stabia)
Nicolás Gorobsov (w/ Vicenza)
Rachid Arma (w/ Spal)

Basically, we will probably see no more of the players on loan that we don't have a clause to buy. Out of those who do have it, I would like to keep D'Aiello, Garofalo, Pestrin, and maybe Scaglia. As for the co-ownerships, I would like to hold on to Gorobsov and D'Ambrosio, maybe Arma if we lose Bianchi, but I think there are better players out there.

Speaking of that, we actually hold outright the contracts of very few players: Sereni, Morello, Gomis, Rivalta, Ogbonna, Rubin, Vailatti, Gasbarroni, Belingheri, and Bianchi.

I'm thinking we can probably keep our goalkeeping contingent, they are excellent for the level of play in Serie B. Rivalta is no help, and I wouldn't mind if we sold him. I'd love to keep Ogbonna, but a load of EPL and Serie A clubs have been sniffing around him, so I can only hope we can get a good a transfer fee as possible. Rubin was also linked to greater things a year or two ago, but recently he seems like Toro and Serie B and the lower reaches of Serie A are his level of play right now, and I'd like to keep him.

Would love to keep Gasba, and I don't know of too much interest in him yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Serie A club swoops for him. Vailatti is a mixed bag. He is still young and has had impact on occasion. I would like if we gave him a chance, but if the right offer comes in, I say sell him. Belingheri I think we can and should keep.

As for Bianchi, I think he really enjoys playing for Toro, and maybe it's just me, but I think he'd rather be at Toro contending for promotion than a relegation fighting Serie A club. That being said, a number of clubs will certainly be sniffing around him this summer.

On the other hand, we do have a number of players coming back from loan:

Francesco Pratali
Marco Pisano*
Riccardo Colombo
Aimo Diana
Davide Bottone
Blerim Dzemaili*
Jürgen Säumel
Paolo Zanetti*
David Di Michele
Dominique Malonga*
Elvis Abbruscato*

Some of these players I doubt anyone, in the management or fans, would want back, namely those involved in the incidents in January. Players I don't want to see back here regardless of ability are: Pisano, Colombo, Diana, Zanetti, Säumel, Di Michele, Pratali. So here's hoping Atalanta buy Zanetti and Bari buy Pisano. Atalanta were relegated, though, so we might have to find another taker.

I would like to see Dzemaili come back in an ideal world, but he is fitting in well in Serie A, Parma seem to want him (we will get 3.5 million for a half-share though) and I doubt he will want to play next season in Serie B. Malonga has quite a low buy-out clause, like 1.7 million I think, so it would be very disappointing to lose him, but I think Cesena will go ahead and buy him. Abbruscato's buyout clause is higher (something around 4 million I think) and I doubt Chievo will want to pay it, so it is likely he will come back, and I would welcome him back, he can do a job for us in Serie B. The only other player on that list I haven't mentioned, Bottone, I think has a good deal of promise, and I hope he plays with us next season.

---

On to the management situation, it seems as though Cola will not stay. I kind of wish he owuld, though he was not as good as I thought he might be this season, though a big problem was the players. Even so, his tactics today have occasionally been poor. No idea as to who might replace him yet. Ventura at Bari was linked, but it looks like he will stay there, so we will see.

I sincerely hope Cairo does not f*** things up and somehow lose Petrachi, as he was the catalyst for our January market and subsequent rise up the table in the second half of the season. If we are to get promoted next were, more of the credit will likely be his than Cairo's.

So that was a long post. Your thoughts?

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 22:52
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
bianchi will stay if not for "budget"
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 23:13
Star Player

Players on loan (*=diretto di riscato):

Sergiu Suciu

he's from our own youth,and already called back in jan.

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 23:17
Star Player

Some of these players I doubt anyone, in the management or fans, would want back, namely those involved in the incidents in January. Players I don't want to see back here regardless of ability are: Pisano, Colombo, Diana, Zanetti, Säumel, Di Michele, Pratali. So here's hoping Atalanta buy Zanetti and Bari buy Pisano. Atalanta were relegated, though, so we might have to find another taker.

why not Säumel?that's not his fault to be loaded to that team.
zanetti and pisano has no chance in each team at all.....i suppose atalanta and bari won't but them
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 23:21
Star Player

I sincerely hope Cairo does not f*** things up and somehow lose Petrachi, as he was the catalyst for our January market and subsequent rise up the table in the second half of the season. If we are to get promoted next were, more of the credit will likely be his than Cairo's.

petrachi already renewed...
cairo to pay and petrachi to buy,that's the right model
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 23:44 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaren View Post

why not Säumel?that's not his fault to be loaded to that team.
zanetti and pisano has no chance in each team at all.....i suppose atalanta and bari won't but them
Not because of who he was loaned to, but he was one of those January departures and I didn't think showed a great desire to be here when he was in Torino. Zanetti might have a chance in Atalanta now that they are in B, because surely some of their midfielders like Barreto will be leaving. Pisano, you are correct though, so we might have to find another taker there, too.

And yeah, my bad about Suciu, for some reason I though he was on loan to us still.

I know Petrachi has his contract and everything, but Cairo is such an erratic president, I'm not really always sure what he'll do.

NWO BABY
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2010, 23:55
Star Player

lerda as the coach?
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 00:10
Legend

Teams: Roma
To pick up from my post in the other thread: I realize many of the players brought in during the winter transfer window were only loan deals, but I meant that Petrarchi is the key. As long as you have him, it's a sort of guarantee to the club that you can manage to find some players good enough. After all, if he managed to put together a team that did all of this after the complete and utter disaster during the season, I'd feel quite optimistic about what he can bring full time. You know, barring Cairo pulling another Cairo and finding away to negate that.
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 02:07 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Agreed. I'm just a bit concerned it might not always work out as well as the first time, but he's a great DS, wouldn't ask for anyone else.

Colantuono pretty much gone, said he's going to Atalanta, so we'll still see him in B. Franco Lerda would be a good shout. Young guy, only one season of experience in Serie B and a few seasons below, but he did very well in getting a team like Crotone to eighth place and hell, we've tried experienced coaches and we know how that works. Also, started his playing career in the Toro youth ranks.

Knowing Cairo though I wouldn't at all be surprised if we got Beretta back or something.

NWO BABY

Last edited by naervod; June 14th, 2010 at 02:15.
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 03:53
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by naervod View Post
Knowing Cairo though I wouldn't at all be surprised if we got Beretta back or something.
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 06:10
Star Player

Beretta is on the way to Paok Salonicco
post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 07:23 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Good, but unbelievable that the clown goes from getting sacked by Toro to managing in the Champions League.

NWO BABY
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 07:42
Star Player

bottone:romania champion and chance to play CL next season...
post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 07:45 Thread Starter
World Class Player

If Cluj retains him, he is still on a loan contract, though I do not know off hand the details of that agreement.

NWO BABY
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 07:50
Star Player

according to torinofc.it, that's just loan.i always believe we should trust someone like him more.
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 08:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
according to torinofc.it, that's just loan.i always believe we should trust someone like him more.
Completely agree. The Romanian league is obviously not the standard of Serie A through and through, but there are some good teams tehre and the standard of the best teams is definitely above Serie B, and for him to have experience playing on a championship winning team there is great, so long as he comes back here and puts it to good use.

NWO BABY
post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 13:33
Rookie

Teams: Southampton, Torino
Firstly, to introduce myself, I'm a Toro fan from England who has looked at his forum before, so thought I would finally join and share my thoughts. Absolutely gutted for last night, I was optimistic before the game and thought we started well and think the game would have been much different if Arma's goal from the 1st leg was allowed.

So, we have to look forward to next season - we already know Colantuono has gone, so we need a new coach, would like to see someone in who hasn't been coach before to give us a bit of freshness, as the team is likely to need a large overhaul.

Sadly, I think Bianchi and Ogbonna could leave because they are both far too good for Serie B, yet they should go for a lot of money which will give us money to buy some replacements. Maybe even look at doing a loan/co-ownership deal with Bianchi where if we get promoted next season, he can rejoin us in Serie A because I feel he does love the club and the fans. I think their could be some interest in Sereni aswell, though from what I've seen from Morello, I've been very impressed, so he is good enough to be our number 1.

Of our loan players I would like the following to stay.

Barusso -(Don't think Brescia would want to keep him, and he brings passion to the midfied)
Pestrin - (Brings experience)
Leon - (Though if he has a good World Cup, would have a lot of offers)
Scaglia - (Looked good against Sassuolo 2nd Leg)

Of the Co - ownerships, never been that impressed by Gorobsov or Salgado - though would take D'Ambrosio and Arma back, maybe not as starters but as squad members.

Wouldn't want any of those out on loan back, apart from Malonga if Cesena dont take him - so we are looking at needing 10-15 players, so summer should be very busy.

One problem I have with Andrea Gasbaronni, is how sometimes he can be very greedy and selfish, and though he is a very talented player and good dribbler, his reluctance to pass does cause us problems,and Brescia's 1st goal last night came from his losing possession, when we were in a good attacking position. I would like to keep him, but maybe find a formation where he can play as a trequartista, because like Rosina I don't think he's as effective on the wings.

Forza Torino
post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2010, 03:39
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororob View Post
So, we have to look forward to next season - we already know Colantuono has gone, so we need a new coach, would like to see someone in who hasn't been coach before to give us a bit of freshness, as the team is likely to need a large overhaul.
Franco Lerda will be our new coach..
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2010, 04:24
Rising Star

Teams: Inter, OGC Nice
Quote:
Franco Lerda will be our new coach..
Is that official?
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2010, 05:34
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakana View Post
Is that official?
not yet. but according to toronews, it's almost done......
Lerda's assistant will be Flavio Destro, also ex toro youth product,and Mattia Destro's father..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in