Serie A Matchday 27: TORO vs gobbi

forza toro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2009, 15:48 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Corini: Juve should be scared Tuesday 3 March, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torino midfielder Eugenio Corini thinks Juventus will feel the pressure during this weekend's Derby della Mole.

The Granata are languishing near the relegation zone, while their Turin rivals are fighting for the Scudetto.

But experienced midfield campaigner Corini certainly isn't in awe of the Old Lady.

“It's a game of extraordinary intensity,” he said in Tuttosport.

“I have played the derby on both sides, but I am proud to be representing Torino because it is a unique feeling.

“Juve will try and prepare for this game as if it were any other with an air of snobbery, but they will feel the fear because it is an affront if they lose.

“This will be my last derby as a player and I really want to go out with a bang.”

Corini, who is 38, wore the Juventus shirt between 1990 and 1992 before joining Sampdoria.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/mar3k.html
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2009, 23:43
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
I'm feeling good about this.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2009, 06:03
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Serie A Week 27 - 7/3/09 (19.30 UK)
Torino - Juventus
Stadio Olimpico

Torino are unbeaten in seven matches – although six were draws – and have pulled out of the trapdoor places after six weeks contemplating a return to Serie B. Can they maintain their mini-revival in the 165th Derby della Mole to be played in Serie A?

There have been 224 derbies in total and Juventus lead the way with 88 wins to 74 for Torino, but on the eve of the 225th, confidence is high in the Toro camp. Coach Walter Novellino has declared that he would give up his wages for a victory while Eugenio Corini – a former Juve player – has taunted his old team by claiming that the Bianconeri are scared of losing this game.

There may be a shred of truth in that statement. La Vecchia Signora have seen the gap between themselves and Serie A leaders Inter cut to just seven points and are desperate not to slip-up now that they have started to reel the Nerazzurri in. There is also the small matter of their Champions League Second Round match with Chelsea next week, in which they will have to try and fight back from 1-0 down. It will be preying on their mind as they prepare for the big Turin face-off.

The fixture has a long and intriguing history, but in recent years the Zebras have had the better of the Bulls. You have to trawl back over a decade to April 1995 for the last time the Granata got the better of their illustrious rivals – a 2-1 win that completed a famous double. Another depressing statistic for the Toro faithful – they have not even scored a single goal past Juve since Benoit Cauet’s conversion in 2002, a run that covers five matches.

The last meeting came back in October 2008, and on that occasion it was Amauri who made himself a hero to the Bianconeri faithful by netting the winner. This fixture last season saw more heartbreak for the ‘home’ side as David Trezeguet struck in the 93rd minute to snatch a late win for Claudio Ranieri.

Long-term casualty Elvis Abbruscato has been sharing the treatment table with defenders Claudio Rivalta and Marco Di Loreto, midfielder Aimo Diana and striker Nicola Ventola. Midfielder Paolo Zanetti serves a one-match ban.

Juventus must do without the suspended Nicola Legrottaglie – but as luck would have it the blond-stopper is injured. Jorge Andrade is still a long way from returning but has had company in the Bianconeri sick bay from defender Paolo De Ceglie and midfielders Cristiano Zanetti and Mauro Camoranesi.

Keep an eye on: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) – With Toro having gone 460 minutes without scoring against their city rivals the Juve ‘keeper could expect a quiet evening. But keep an eye on him as it could just as easily mean he has a lot of work on his hands as the Toro strikers pepper his goal attempting to end the drought.

Last season: Torino 0-1 Juventus

Form guide: Torino (D D D W D) Juventus (L W D W W)
Torino (probable): Sereni; Rubin, Dellafiore, Natali, Colombo; Gasbarroni, Dzemaili, Corini, Abate; Rosina; Bianchi

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Grygera, Chiellini, Mellberg, Molinaro; Marchionni, Marchisio, Sissoko, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Ref: To follow...

channel4

===============

good luck, guys...

FORZA TORINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :fero:

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2009, 22:23
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Torino and AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by naervod View Post
I'm feeling good about this.

Me too

Huge, huge match! And not only because its a derby but also because we really need any points we can get. We need to play with heart and smash those gobbi :fero:

Forza Toro
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2009, 01:13 Thread Starter
Star Player

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 00:21 Thread Starter
Star Player

Abate, Barone, Bianchi, Calderoni, Colombo, Corini, Dellafiore, Dzemaili, Fontana, Gasbarroni, Natali, Ogbonna, Pisano, Rivalta, Rosina, Rubin, Saumel, Sereni, Stellone, Ventola.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 13:10
2T
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Inter
I'm sick of hearing that the Torino Derby is unpredictable .As Buffon said "I want to maintain the tradition"

Gobbi to win 1-0 as always
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 19:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

TORINO (4-4-1-1): Sereni; Colombo, Natali, Dellafiore, Pisano; Abate, Dzemaili, Corini, Barone; Rosina; Stellonei. A disp.: Calderoni, Ogbonna, Rubin, Saeumel, Gasbarroni, Ventola, Bianchi. All. Novellino.

JUVENTUS (4-4-2): Buffon; Zebina, Mellberg, Chiellini, Molinaro; Salihamidzic, Marchisio, Poulsen, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet. A disp.: Manninger, Ariaudo, Tiago, Sissoko, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet. All. Ranieri.

Arbitro: Farina di Novi Ligure.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 20:18
Star Player

Why did Stellone have to miss that header :frustrat:

Oh, and WHAT A SAVE by Sereni :eekani:

Forza Toro
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 20:22 Thread Starter
Star Player

1st half end, 0-0.
not bad performace
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 20:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 21:10 Thread Starter
Star Player

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 21:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

end with 0-1

not deserved.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2009, 16:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

a very bad round for us

FT Lecce 0 - 0 Reggina
90' Bologna 3 - 0 Sampdoria
FT Chievo 1 - 1 Cagliari
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2009, 14:35
Star Player

I knew they were going to score on a free kick or a corner.........our defence is so crappy

Oh well, this game was just as important as the next IMO. And the players need to treat it the same way, we need to stay in Serie A!

Forza Toro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in