Star Player

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano
Good Luck Torino

Formerly known as:Suazo19

Also known as: MilfordCubicle
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2008, 12:22
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Darn, I'm leaving London today. Wish I could've seen this game.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2008, 21:57
World Class Player

So just a little update on our preseason. We have been training at Malles and it seems to be going pretty well by all accounts. We've played two friendlies, in which we won 8-0 against a local selection from Malles and we tied 1-1 against the Greek side Kerkyra, though the game was called off at half-time due to a freak thunderstorm. Our remaining schedule is:

August 2: Vicenza (a)
August 9: Fulham (a)
August 13: Ivrea (a)
August 19: TBD (h)

The August 19 friendly is against a team to be determined and will be the presentation of the squad to the fans at the Olimpico.

NWO BABY
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2008, 22:35
World Class Player

Vicenza tomorrow in the Memorial Alfonso Santagiuliana (their version of one of those preseason trophies). Should be our best test yet before Fulham. One thing of note is that Ogbonna has started in central defense both against Malles and Kerkyra. I wonder if this is an indication that De Biasi plans to include him in his plans this season.

Also, since the friendly with Kerkyra was called off we played a short intra-squad friendly 'Red vs. Blue' for 20 minutes with Red defeating Blue 1-0 thanks to a Barone screamer.

Natali and Marco Moro are currently injured, but nothing long term, but that could be the reason Ogbonna is starting.

NWO BABY
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2008, 00:18
World Class Player

2-1 over Vicenza today, Amoruso with a brace off of two Rosina assists. This would see to be a good combo, so lets hope it carries on into the season.

NWO BABY
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2008, 01:13
World Class Player

I have added highlights for all our preseason games that I can get ahold of in the Fixtures and Results thread.

Also, here is our lineup against Vicenza:

Sereni (al 46' Calderoni), Diana (al 62' Lanna), Di Loreto (al 62' Franceschini), Pratali (al 46' Ogbonna), Pisano (al 46' Rubin), Zanetti (al 46' Säumel), Grella (al 57' Vailatti), Barone (al 46' Corini), Rosina (al 62' Di Michele), Malonga (al 46' Stellone), Amoruso (al 46' Abbruscato). A disposizione: Fontana. All.: De Biasi.

NWO BABY
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2008, 21:12
World Class Player

The squad traveling to London to face Fulham tomorrow:

Portieri: Calderoni, Sereni.

Difensori: Colombo, Di Loreto, Diana, Ogbonna, Pisano, Pratali, Rubin.

Centrocampisti: Barone, Corini, Grella, Rosina, Saumel.

Attaccanti: Abbruscato, Amoruso, Malonga, Stellone.

Zanetti and Di Michele are both injured and won't make it to London. No explanation for Natali though. Small squad (18 players), six subs allowed according to an agreement between the clubs. My starting XI:

Amoruso-Abbruscato
Rosina
Barone-Corini-Säumel
Pisano-Di Loreto-Pratali-Diana
Sereni

NWO BABY
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2008, 20:28
World Class Player

2-2 is the final score in London. We came back from 2-0 down only in the closing minutes of the game, which says alot about our fitness levels. Abbruscato scored a wicked left footed strike and Ogbonna added another.

NWO BABY
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 00:39
World Class Player

3-0 over Ivrea, goals from Abbruscato, Vailatti, and Ventola.

NWO BABY
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 23:10
World Class Player

Highlights from the Fulham, Sommariva Perno, and Ivrea games have been added to the Fixtures and Results thread.

Some news updates on our preseason:
-Last week we moved our training from Malles, in the Alps of Bolzano to Sommariva Perno, about 40 km southeast of Turin in the Cuneo province of Piemonte.
-Our last scheduled friendly will not be the presentation of the squad at the Olimpico but instead we will travel to Switzerland to face Lugano.
-Natali is recovering from injury and should probably be available for the Coppa Italia in a week. (Wow, that soon?)

Some comments on the preseason:
-Abbruscato has been in good form this preseason. There is a certain sector of fans urging the club to keep him in the fold for this season. De Biasi has also stated that he would like to see Elvis stay if possible. There has been interest from Atalanta and Catania, but I think alot of it rests with which striker we end up buying. I personally would like to keep him, though if he is third or fourth in the pecking order, he may want to move elsewhere.
-De Biasi experimented with a 4-2-3-1 in the second half of the Ivrea game, which led to much better offensive production than in the first half. I hope GDB continues to experiment with this formation in the preseason as I think it gives us better attacking options. I don't think he should use it exclusively, but to have an extra option is always good.

NWO BABY
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2008, 19:14
World Class Player

Away to Lugano tomorrow...

Il tecnico De Biasi ha convocato 22 calciatori per il match amichevole Lugano vs Torino:

Portieri: Calderoni, Sereni.

Difensori: Colombo, Di Loreto, Diana, Franceschini, Ogbonna, Pisano, Pratali, Rubin.

Centrocampisti: Barone, Corini, Gianluca Rolandone (classe '89), Rosina, Vailatti, Zanetti.

Attaccanti: Abbruscato, Amoruso, Di Michele, Malonga, Stellone, Ventola.

---

No Grella, as he is surely headed to Fulham today or tomorrow. Tuttomercatoweb is saying all that remains is the signature and an official announcement. It will be interesting to see if Rolandone, whom we signed from Pro Vercelli this summer, gets any playing time. I'm always up for our youngsters getting a chance, especially in games like these.

Also, Abate is out for six weeks thanks to an injury sustained in the Olympics, so we likely won't have him until the beginning of October.

NWO BABY
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2008, 00:49
World Class Player

Lugano 0-0 Torino (!)

Di Michele missed a penalty, shot it straight at the keeper. Just when I was getting optimistic about our finishing.

NWO BABY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in