Serie A Matchday 19: Fiorentina-Torino - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2008, 15:48 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Serie A Matchday 19: Fiorentina-Torino

Expecting nothing more than a loss here. Rubin, Vailatti, Ventola, Malonga, and Rosina are all injured and last weekend proved what many of us had been thinking for a while, that Novellino is completely incompetent. He'd be a good Serie B coach though, which is where we're headed. Only good news is that Motta is now healthy.

The expected lineup is:

Bjelanovic-Di Michele
Barone-Corini-Grella-Lazetic
Lanna-Dellafiore-Natali-Comotto
Sereni

On the bench are: Fontana, Di Loreto, Motta, Zanetti, Bottone, Recoba, Oguro

Despite all the crap we've been playing and how disappointed I am, there is one thing I will never forget to say:

FORZA TORO!!!

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2008, 04:10
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Serie A Week 19 - 19/1/08 (19.30 UK)
Fiorentina-Torino

Stadio Franchi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Fiorentina have recovered their form to keep up with the race for a Champions League place, Torino need to stop their slump towards the relegation zone when they travel to the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

The Viola struggled following the morale-sapping death of Coach Cesare Prandelli’s wife, resulting in a run of five games without a win. They seem to have turned things around now though, with comfortable victories over Cagliari and Parma showing that things are back on track in Tuscany. After scoring seven goals in two matches the Gigliati are looking particularly potent going forward and the fans will be hoping for another high scoreline against a struggling Toro side.

With a full squad to choose from, Prandelli is expected to stick with the same starting XI that won 2-1 in Parma last week. That means Christian Vieri and Mario Santana should keep their places after impressing at the expense of previous regulars Giampaolo Pazzini and Franco Semioli, who will have to make do with spots on the bench.

There’s no such luck for Granata boss Walter Novellino, who has a hefty list to deal with. Star man Alessandro Rosina’s absence is a big blow, especially with strikers Nicola Ventola and Dominique Malonga also injured. Young midfield duo Matteo Rubin and Tommaso Vailatti are also unlikely to feature after picking up knocks.

There couldn’t be a worse time for Toro to suffer their current string of injuries either. Having gone nine games without a win they are in freefall towards the bottom three and will need to halt their slide soon if they want to steer clear of the drop.

Last week’s home defeat to fellow relegation candidates Livorno highlighted their problems and saw them fall within three points of the danger zone. With the likes of Reggina and Siena starting to improve, the Granata know they can’t afford many more defeats if they are to retain their Serie A survival.

Keep an eye on: Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina) – The Romanian star has been in sensational form recently, scoring five goals in his last three games and attracting interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Last season: Fiorentina 5-1 Torino

Form guide: Fiorentina (L L D W W) Torino (D L D D L)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Ujfalusi, Kroldrup, Gamberini, Pasqual; Donadel, Liverani, Montolivo; Santana, Vieri, Mutu

Torino (probable): Sereni; Comotto, Natali, Dellafiore, Lanna; Lazetic, Grella, Corini, Barone; Di Michele, Bjelanovic

Ref: To follow...

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2008, 05:50
International

Teams: ACF Fiorentina
The interplay between Mutu and Di Michele should be interesting after last season's tussle.

Video

Delenda est AS Roma -- Nico the Elder

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2008, 23:30 Thread Starter
World Class Player

1-2, typical Toro loss, but at least Grella's goal was something to smile about.

NWO BABY
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2008, 00:45
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2008, 03:09
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
mutu is an actor far more than coco
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2008, 00:38
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
When do we reach panic mode?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2008, 06:31 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Just about now I'd say. Let's see the result tomorrow.

NWO BABY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in