Bottone called to Italy U21! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 17:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Bottone called to Italy U21!

Bottone convocato in Under 21
sabato 17 novembre 2007
Grande soddisfazione per tutto il Torino: questa mattina è stato convocato dal CT della Nazionale Under 21 Casiraghi il centrocampista granata Davide Bottone. Davide raggiungerà già oggi i compagni in azzurro (capitanati dall'altro granata Motta) in vista dell'impegno di mercoledì sera a Torshavn contro i pari età delle Isole Far Oer (ore 13.00 l.t.).

Ecco le prime parole di Bottone: <<E' una soddisfazione enorme, che mi gratifica dopo tanti sacrifici. Devo ringraziare tutti: dal CT Casiraghi a tutti i miei allenatori passati, ma vorrei soprattutto ringraziare il Torino per avermi cresciuto e per aver creduto in me quest'estate. Il Presidente Cairo, tutta la società e Mister Novellino sono stati speciali per la mia crescita professionale ed umana. Infine un grazie anche alla Questura di Torino, che ha accelerato le pratiche per il mio passaporto. Grazie a tutti, davvero, non sto più nella pelle>>.
——————————————————————————
congratulation!keep on working davide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 14:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Bottone living Azzurrini dream Monday 19 November, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torino midfielder Davide Bottone has spoken of his pride after receiving a shock call-up to Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Azzurrini squad.

The Under-21 side have been hit with injuries and Claudio Marchisio and Marco Rossi were forced to pull out at the eleventh hour before the thumping win over Azerbaijan.

Daniele Dessena and Robert Acquafresca picked up bookings last Friday and are suspended leaving Bologna’s Milan-owned hitman Davide Di Gennaro and 21-year-old Turin native Bottone to receive the call to face the Faroe Islands.

“It is a dream come true,” Bottone told Tuttosport. “I want to thank Toro President Urbano Cairo as he spent the money to buy me from Varese and I hope that this will also please him.

“I can never thank Walter Novellino enough for what he has done for me. From my first training session at Malles he has treated me like any other player and shown faith in me. I will always be thankful to him.”

Torino’s squad is full of promising youth prospects with Marco Motta and Matteo Rubin already capped at Under-21 level and Tommaso Vailatti tipped to follow.

Di Gennaro has made just one appearance for Milan to date when he replaced Alessandro Costacurta against Udinese last season in the veteran stopper’s emotional San Siro farewell.

However, the promising striker has hit two goals in six games for Serie B promotion contenders Bologna and will hope to make his mark on the international stage on Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in