latest,
grella out for 1 month
natali suspended for 2 matches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 17:19
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Damn, I don't know if our injuries can get any worse, this is ridiculous. Even with all our injuries, we should still win this. We will have to watch out for Foggia, who is probably their biggest threat.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 00:50
World Class Player

PS - For all of you in the US such as myself, the game will be televised live on Fox Soccer Channel on Saturday at 2:30 ET. (We have the early Saturday TV slot this week.)

NWO BABY

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 02:22 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Stellone è rientrato in gruppo
Stampa Articolo | Invia Articolo
24 ottobre 2007 - Una bella notizia, sotto la pioggia del Centro Sisport: Roberto Stellone è tornato ad allenarsi regolarmente e potrebbe addirittura tornare utile a Novellino fin da sabato contro il Cagliari. Intanto Dellafiore si compiace di un avvio di campionato decisamente positivo: "Onestamente non pensavo di trovare da subito così tanto spazio. Per me è un grande motivo d'orgoglio, ma ora penso al Cagliari: i sardi dispongono di una coppia d'attacco giovane, che conosco molto bene. Ho giocato con Acquafresca ai tempi del Treviso, ho affrontato Matri nei derby Primavera, quando io ero all'Inter e lui al Milan. E' una coppia assortita bene, Acquafresca più rapido, Matri più potente. Ci sarà da fare attenzione". Intanto, errà operato domani mattina a Bologna Matteo Rubin. L'intervento al legamento crociato anteriore sinistro del terzino granata, che si è infortunato la scorsa settimana in Grecia al debutto con l'Under 21, verrà realizzato presso l'ospedale Toniolo dal professor Marcacci. I tempi di recupero prevedono una settimana di riposo assoluto, poi Rubin potrà iniziare la fisioterapia. Per il ritorno in campo si dovrà attendere fra i cinque e i sei mesi. (f.t.)
——————————————————————————————————————
stellone came back
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 02:43
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Serie A Week 9 - 27/10/07 (17.00 UK)
Torino - Cagliari

Stadio Olimpico

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...8/tor-cag.html

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 05:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

Portieri: Fontana, Sereni.

Difensori: Comotto, Dellafiore, Di Loreto, Lanna, Motta.

Centrocampisti: Bottone, Corini, Rosina, Vailatti, Zanetti, Vincenzo Nitride (n. 30, classe '90).

Attaccanti: Oguro, Malonga, Recoba, Stellone, Ventola, Loreto Lo Bosco (n. 32, classe '89).
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 15:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

TORINO F.C. 1906 (4-4-1-1):

In campo: Sereni, Comotto, Di Loreto, Dellafiore, Lanna, Rosina, Zanetti, Corini, Vailatti, Recoba, Ventola.
In panchina: Fontana, Motta, Bottone, Nitride, Malonga, Oguro, Stellone.
Allenatore: Walter Alfredo Novellino

CAGLIARI CALCIO (4-3-3):

In campo: Fortin, Ferri, Bizera, Bianco, Del Grosso, Biondini, Conti, Parola, Foggia, Matri, Fini.
In Panchina: Marruocco, Canini, Agostani, Budel, D’Agostino, Larrivey, Acquafresca.
Allenatore: Marco Giampaolo
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 18:34
Premier Player

Teams: Fiorentina, AIK, Yids
1-0! Not deserved, but what the hell...

Forza fratelli granata!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 18:55
Premier Player

Teams: Fiorentina, AIK, Yids
Full Time
2-0:thmbup:
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 19:03
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Torino and AC Milan
Wow do we ever play some ugly football under Novellino. Oh well, at least we got the win

Forza Torino
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 19:08
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: AS ROMA
Undeserving win, also the ref helped you.
when the result was 0 - 0 , there was clear penalty for calgiari...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 19:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo85
Wow do we ever play some ugly football under Novellino. Oh well, at least we got the win

Forza Torino
Get used to that, I can't remember a brilliant game in 5 seasons with Novellino.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 19:59
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
Awesome. 3 points and on to the next. Sounds like Recoba and Rosina are playing well together.

Let's improve and do better next week.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 21:26
World Class Player

Glad for the three points, even if it was ugly. We can't really afford the luxury of playing nice football in games like these or with some of the players we have.

We looked a bit shapeless in the first half, but we did have some good chances, and so did Cagliari. They did a pretty good job of containing Rosina, though our best chance probably came off of his shot that hit the post. We're obviously beginning to see the downside of Recoba, having been subbed off in the 38th minute. Di Loreto was pretty solid, Sereni was very competent in goal. Bottone started but his inexperience showed a bit. Good to see Vailatti back even though he looked a little out of sorts at times though he was extremely unlucky to hit the post with a great header. Despite being on the back foot at times, I think we were able to do pretty well in the half andwere unlucky in hitting the post twice.

We were lucky in the second half when Cagliari hit the post, it was a very clever free kick from Conti, I was happy to see Stellone on for Vailatti - the youngster played well, but I think it was good to have two strikers up in this case, becaus e Ventola looked like he needed some support. We looked to be struggling in the midfield in the second half and Cagliari really dominated us.

Our goal was a bit lucky with the ball deflecting right into Rosina's path, but it was a great build-up.

Budel should have been sent off, his handball a few minutes after the goal was a yellow card offense. We did pick up a bit after the goal, and our second oal, again a lucky deflection in a sense, but it wasa very well placed corner from Corini

Overall I'd say our strikers weren't terribly effective, Malonga has some promise, but I think just isn't used to Italian football yet. Ventola was off and on, as I feel he can always be. Stellone was fine when he came on, though he had some heavy touches. In the midfield, Rosina was very effective once he was given space, but was slightly less so when he was being tightly covered in the first half, but still battled. Recoba was fine until he was subbed. Vailatti had a good match IMO, but is still recovering. Bottone like I said showed his inexperience, giving away a ton of fouls, but he was also fairly effective in stopping attacks and IMO has the makings of a future great destroyer. Corini...what can I say? He was responsible for keeping us up and holding our shape together. Despite being well into his thirties, he covered probably the most ground of any player today and was effective all over the pitch. Man of the match, no question. Our defense was solid all around, though Lanna seems a bit reckless at times. Dellafiore, Comotto, and Di Loreto were all good, and Comotto did very well in earning us the corner. Sereni was very solid in goal, not much else to say about that.

Cagliari might have been our better for much of the match, but we pulled out a result through hard work and a bit of luck, which is exactly what we need to keep doing. Getting Di Michele, Barone, Grella, and Lazetic back will only help us. I think we can realize our true potential when we actually have the other half of our first team playing.

NWO BABY
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 21:28
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI_Melo
Undeserving win, also the ref helped you.
when the result was 0 - 0 , there was clear penalty for calgiari...
TBH, the ref was kind of poor all around, called some pretty stupid fouls on us too. Not to mention I think a penalty could have been given, but it wasn't a definite call. Also, if we're going to go into stuff like this, Cagliari should have had a player sent off, Budel already on a yellow blatantly handled a clearance out of the Torino box.

NWO BABY

Last edited by naervod; October 27th, 2007 at 21:39.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 21:29
World Class Player

Quote:

Forza Torino
Overall I'd agree, but the build up to the first goal was pretty nice if you ask me.

NWO BABY
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 12:41
Rookie

Teams: TOROOO
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 14:36
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Torino and AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp
Get used to that, I can't remember a brilliant game in 5 seasons with Novellino.

I knew this was going to happen, thats why I didn't want Novellino as our coach. I remember all the weird tactics he used at Sampdoria, and the guy has this arrogance that annoys me too...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by naervod
Overall I'd agree, but the build up to the first goal was pretty nice if you ask me.
Yeah that was probably the most passes we put together in the whole match
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 17:19
World Class Player

Quote:
I knew this was going to happen, thats why I didn't want Novellino as our coach. I remember all the weird tactics he used at Sampdoria, and the guy has this arrogance that annoys me too...............

Yeah that was probably the most passes we put together in the whole match
See, maybe Novellino will look at the tapes and realize that is what we have to do!

But right now, I'm all about results over style, so I'd like a win, even if its scrappy and ugly.

NWO BABY
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2007, 01:43 Thread Starter
Star Player

anyway,results and points are more important to us now,as for style,sometimes we can call it efficiency

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in