LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2007, 08:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Talking with...Natalino Fossati

tuttotoro

Talking with...Natalino Fossati

Data: 13-06-2007 - Ora: 09:45 - Categoria: Interviste

What do you think of the arrival of Novellino to the Taurus?
He is a boy from Filadelfia as he grew there, but has played too little and less than Ferrini, Cereser, Agroppi and than me. As trainer has done good job in various cities, especially to Piacenza and Naples where with all and the two teams has been promoted in series A. Also with Sampdoria has obtained good results, especially two years ago when it got closer to the qualification to the Champions league, unexpectedly defeated by Udinese. Has always spoken well about Torino also when he was far away and now arriving at a upper level wants to prove his value in the field.

How do you remember him as a player and as a man?
In 1972 Gustavo Giagnoni helped him make his first appearance and replaced Rampanti Rosary that was a military.
In the field he was very determined and had good technical skills, and could easily perform as backup or forward player. He certainly had a strong personality, an aggressive temper,so that Ferrini called him Monzon, as the great Argentinian boxer. Going away from Taurus has done a good thing either for Perugia or Milan,with whom he has won ‘Il Scudetto’at the end of the 70’s.

Can you evaluate Taurus performances this season?
For the fact that they got out from the relegation zone, I give them an eight, considering that was essential to maintain their place in series A, this year. For the disappointment they caused, I would give them a 4 as we have seen some bad matches, especially when Zaccheroni was the coach,he kept on lining up the same format in the field without realizing the fact that the team were not following the directions and were falling to series B. Fortunately the president Cairo saw the problem in time and called back mister De Biasi,who helped the team go up in the chart table, has relied on players more determined as Muzzi and Brevi.

Which of the players has disappointed you this year?
Barone for first and then Fiore for the time he stayed at Taurus, before being given to Livorno. Maybe the two of them were not able to face the Granata reality or they had difficulty to get used with the procedure in and out of the field. Abbiati has shown some difficulties but eventually he found the strength to go on as he was used to frequent other important locker rooms, as the one at Milan. Elvis Abbruscato has been another disappointment, after a second well played part of the last championship this season his performances were not the same, he has shown a limited character, was no longer the one we knew comparing to Muzzi.

An opinion about the new arrivals as leading heads?
I personally know Valentino Angeloni, who will be the new head of the Granata observers, as I brought him to Pistoiese in the season from 1985-86; he was a tall and thin player, Serginho from Milan kind of type and has done a great job during the championship. The father had a pharmacy at Rome and both of them respected me as a person and at the same time I had a beautiful friendship with the two of them. I can not say too many things about Antonelli and Lupo as I do not know them in person and will have to wait a little time in order to estimate their acts.

Are you satisfied by the juniors’ performances and the victory of the Berretti, finished Champions of Italy?
It has been a great result, indeed because to gain a national championship of any category it is always difficult, because the competition is tough and also because the new junior part of Taurus was brought back to life two years ago, thanks to the optimal contribution of Silvano Benedetti and Antonio Comi, that have struggled to overcome any eventual difficulties. Now they must continue this way and try to take from the junior field some other young Ogbonna type, that can perform in the first team.

Will we see you again to the Sport department to Grp the next year?
We will see, I would like to participate again to this Sport programme, I enjoyed my time there but I also have got some offers to coach and I will decide the next weeks what to do.

Elena Marinica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in