Mercato 2007-2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 372 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 23:41 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Mercato 2007-2008

So, as a season draws to a close and a new transfer window approaches, we gear up for a new market, whether in Serie A or Serie B. This is the thread for all transfer dealings in summer 2007 and January 2008.

Should we stay up, I think we will spend a bit to improve on this season's performance, especially if that GazProm thing I posted about just now works out to give us a bit of cash to play around with. Of course, even if we buy good players, we are nothing without a coach to guide them higher, and lord knows De Biasi isn't that man. Abbiati, Bovo, and Coco will return to their clubs (Milan, Palermo, Inter, respectively) no matter what. We need a proven Serie A striker. It looks like Stellone is set to stay, but Muzzi and Abbruscato could very well be on their way out. Our defense has been surprising in a good way this season, considering many thought it to be our worst aspect at the season's start, but we will still need to improve, as Balestri might be out as well, and Brevi and Di Loreto are only getting older.

Should we go down, I think we will still have to spend. Rosina would leave, and I feel Abbruscato and Barone might as well. We'd look to rebuild and go for a promotion that year, and I feel we could be the strongest team in Serie B if we make the right moves, as it will be less competitive than this year certainly and probably the year before, when we got promoted.

Discuss.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 372 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 23:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
So you are not keeping hold of Abbiatti... you should tyr everything possible to keep him as your GK. In attack Ventola is possible, also I heard Vieri and Brocchi could be joining Toro for next year which are decent signings. If you stay in A you must keep Rosina as you main point of the team.

From the teams going down Id suggest you go for Rigano the most... maybe some other players are out there to go for and I just cant think.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #3 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 00:08 Thread Starter
World Class Player

From what I've read we are not keeping Abbiati. I wouldn't mind keeping him though. I've heard that he may go back to Milan and Storari could join us, not sure how to feel about that exactly. I've heard Ventola, and that would be nice. I've also heard Brocchi and Vieri. Brocchi could be a good addition, but I'd rather not have Vieri...he's been in good form since his return, but I just have this gut feeling it wouldn't be good for us...I mean, its Vieri...

From teams going down, Rigano would be nice, also, Chievo aren't down yet, but if they do go down, I've seen us linked with Obinna. Also, we're linked with Arturo Di Napoli and Viktor Boudianski as well (Messina and Ascoli).

NWO BABY

post #4 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 08:19
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
B will be a totally different thing,so my opinion only base on our stay

GK
i hope we can keep abbiati,but if he can't stay with us,how about sorrentino?and if abbiati stay,i also hope to see sorrentino come back.taibi could leave,although he's better than fontana....

D
i hope to see jensen from gladbach,bovo stay,ayala from valencia,cristino from primavera,brevi could retire---i hope he can retire with toro.seem that di loreto does well as a DM in the past 2 games.how about mantovani?he is wasting time with chievo.pancaro could end his career.

M
rosina must stay,artido proved his usefulness,barone should recover,i hope to see polanski from gladbach,semioli from chievo,schiattarella from primavera.gallo also retire

A
anyway,this's the 1st A season for elvis,i hope he can transfer his potential to ability.i hope to see flores from arezzo,gigliotti from primavera.recoba?would be nice.muzzi retire too

C
who can guide us to step higher?

GK
Abbiati,Sorrentino,Fontana

D
Comotto,Bovo,Cioffi,Mantovani,Jensen,Ayala,Balestr i,Franceschini,Cristino,Ogbonna

M
Rosina,Ardito,Barone,Semioli,Lazetic,De Asentis,Schiattarella,Di Loreto,Polanski

A
Abbruscato,Stellone,Flores,De Sousa,Recoba,Gigliotti

GK
+Abbiati,Sorrentino
-Taibi

D
+Jensen,Bovo,Mantovani,Ayala
-Brevi,Melara

M
+Polanski,Semioli
-Gallo,Music

A
+Recoba,Flores
-Muzzi,Oguro

after all,the most important thing is
——————————

i don't know our board can bring in players of what level in the summer,for so many names mentioned in the last 2 transfer windows,but few really work

Last edited by chinaren; May 16th, 2007 at 08:28.
post #5 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 08:44
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Sorrentino probably won't come cheap as he is highly regarded in Greece and other club's, such as Lazio, are after him. But it could be done

Marcell Jansen I think is an unrealistic target for Torino as many Bundesliga clubs would want to sign him as well as important foreign ones (Barca have been mentioned).

Bovo will go back to Palermo, according to President Zamparini.

Mantovani would be a terrific signing (Toro youth product, isn't he?), though many clubs in Italy are after him, too. Much easier if CHievo went down, obviously.

The same goes for Semioli, basically. Good player.

Polanski, like Jansen, would be difficult.

Recoba - who knows?

Ventola is out of contract and would suit Torino just fine.
post #6 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 08:59
Xtratime Legend

---------------Sorrentino

Comotto-Mantovani-Franceschini-Lukovic

Semioli---Barone--Brocchi

----------------------Rosina

-----Ventola--EDIT: Russotto

Last edited by Morierinho; May 16th, 2007 at 10:49.
post #7 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 10:32
World Class Player

Teams: Italy NT
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index...=read&id=59439

Torino seem to get Russotto...great move for Russotto
Let"s potencial making!!
post #8 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 10:38
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho
Sorrentino probably won't come cheap as he is highly regarded in Greece and other club's, such as Lazio, are after him. But it could be done

Marcell Jansen I think is an unrealistic target for Torino as many Bundesliga clubs would want to sign him as well as important foreign ones (Barca have been mentioned).

Bovo will go back to Palermo, according to President Zamparini.

Mantovani would be a terrific signing (Toro youth product, isn't he?), though many clubs in Italy are after him, too. Much easier if CHievo went down, obviously.

The same goes for Semioli, basically. Good player.

Polanski, like Jansen, would be difficult.

Recoba - who knows?

Ventola is out of contract and would suit Torino just fine.
right,jensen & polanski are unrealistic for us at present....

mantovani is a toro product(that's why i pay attention to him) , and he was a start defender with toro in season 04/05
post #9 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 13:43
Star Player

Torino in talks for Treviso starlets Acquafresca, Russotto
tribalfooball.com - May 16, 2007

Torino are in talks with Treviso over two of Italy's most exciting young players.
Striker Robert Acquafresca, 20, and 19 year-old attacking midfielder Andrea Russotto are both being lined up for moves to Serie A Torino this summer.
post #10 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 17:05 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Sorrentino would be great and has alot of love for Toro, though my Greek friend says he is in fact well-regarded as Morierinho mentioned. I have heard that Milan want Abbiati back, but they are willing to let us have Marco Storari, who is behind Dida and Kalac in the order. I think Taibi could stay with us, but he will be limited to second or third choice appearances.

In defense, I have seen us linked with only a few players, though I previously hadn't thought about Mantovani. One is Tsuneyasu Miyamoto of Red Bull Salzburg, previously Gamba Osaka of Japan. I don't know much about him as a player, but he is Japan's captain and is very experienced (he is 30). Another one is a youngster, Bojan Jokic from Nova Gorica in Slovenia, whom I know nothing about, unfortunately. The last one I have seen linked with us is Dario Dainelli, who apparently isn't having the easiest of times at Fiorentina and could be looking elsewhere. I agree that Jansen and Polanski might not be too realistic right now. Bovo from what I've heard will go back to Palermo. Semioli would be nice and could be easier if Chievo go down, though we could face some competition for him.

In midfield, a name that keeps popping up is Brocchi. Wouldn't be a bad signing IMO. Koji Nakata from Basel is another name linked with us, and I like him a fair bit. Who I'd really love that we've ben associated with is Matuzalem from Shakhtar, whom I rate highly, but we are sure to face competition from other teams for him. I can't say I've watched Ascoli too much and don't know much about Viktor Boudianski, but they are going down and he could be an easy get. The last one I've heard in Giampiero Pinzi of Udinese, who could be nice.

Attack is where I've heard the most rumors. Christian Vieri - maybe. He's done well since returning and scored a spectacular goal against mini-gobbi, but I'm just not sure its a great idea to have him on the team. Cristian Bucchi from Napoli is a proven goalscorer, albeit in Serie B but he's getting up there in years, and I'm not totally sure how he'd do in Serie A. We've been linked a few times with Bojinov, who I'd like to see, but I'm not sure how realistic the chances of us actually getting him are. Davide Di Michele of Palermo is another interesting player we've been linked with, but if we get him, I would like to be with another younger striker. Recoba would be great I think as his abilities outweigh his age factor IMO. The problem of course is keeping him fit, so it could be a risky investment. Arturo Di Napoli is a name I've seen, and though he can score goals, he's 32, so I'm not sure how wise of an investment that would be. If Chievo go down, it could be nice to get Victor Obinna, as I rate him as one for the future. He would add alot of pace to the attack. If Chievo stay up however, he would be difficult to get. Ventola would be great IMO, I think we should move more him, 'nuff said.
I haven't followed Serie B too closely but youngster Vincenzo Santoruvo (Bari) seems like he could be a good investment for the future. Lastly, Bernardo Corradi. Also, of course Acquafresca and Flores would be great.

Realistic expectations, should we stay up:

GK:
+Storari, Sorrentino
-Abbiati

Defense:
+Mantovani, Lukovic
-Bovo, Brevi, Melara

Midfield:
+Brocchi, Semioli, Russotto
-Gallo, Music

Fowards:
+Venetola, Recoba, Acquafresca
-Muzzi, possibly Abbruscato

Ventola-Recoba
Rosina
Brocchi-Barone-Semioli
Balestri/Lukovic-Franceschini-Mantovani-Comotto
Sorrentino

Wouldn't be bad IMO, and we'd have some depth, except maybe in defense.

NWO BABY
post #11 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 18:30 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Also, we've been linked to Almirón quite a bit in the past and even fairly recently.

NWO BABY
post #12 of 372 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 22:32
Xtratime Legend

...and Pinzi would come on a free transfer
post #13 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 09:31
Star Player

almiron seem to join gobbi

bellucci would be good,also pinzi

so artito has to be backup still?

Franceschini-Mantovani,is this duo reliable?

can we find a D better than franceschini?a realistic one?

we can get players of what level? i think this's the most important and key metter. for we didn't win any market competition in the last summer and the winter
post #14 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 18:13
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
Somehow I don't think we'd have any problem keeping Coco if we'll take him.

Obinna would be a great pick-up. Surpised he hasn't already been snatched. Does Inter still have any control over him?
post #15 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 18:45 Thread Starter
World Class Player

I wouldn't want Coco. He is injured often and doesn't have a good attitude.

I don't think Inter has control of Obinna anymore, but I could be mistaken.

NWO BABY
post #16 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 20:51 Thread Starter
World Class Player

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39777

Quote:
Torino's Comotto coy over future
tribalfooball.com - May 17, 2007

Torino defender Gianluca Comotto has ducked questions over his future.

The highly-rated stopper has Roma, Fiorentina and Inter Milan tracking him, but he says: "For the moment, I don't want to talk about my plans for the future.

"I only want to focus on Sunday's game and keeping my beloved Torino in Serie A."
I believe he's still co-owned by Roma.

NWO BABY
post #17 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 20:59 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Today on Tuttomercatoweb:

Torino is chasing Nuno Gomes of Benfica

Same article as I posted above, Comotto is focusing on salvezza before his future

Nuno Gomes would certainly be an interesting acquistion. As I understand, he's pushing 30, but I feel he's an effective striker, especially compared to the ones we have. Would be a good buy.

NWO BABY
post #18 of 372 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 21:21
Xtratime Legend

I doubt Comotto will leave if you stay up and I don't think Roma will reclaim him.
post #19 of 372 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 01:17
Star Player

Teams: Italia, Torino and AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by naervod
http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39777

I believe he's still co-owned by Roma.

I might be wrong but i thought we bought his other half during the winter transfer window
post #20 of 372 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 01:21
Xtratime Legend

Wikipedia says he initially joined on loan and Torino then secured a 50% share in january.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in