clubs are richer than many new independent nations from Yugoslavia, USSR - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 13:25 Thread Starter
Rising Star

clubs are richer than many new independent nations from Yugoslavia, USSR

I heard that wages of players from Azeri clubs increased within few years,

And many players from other eastern European players in Azerbaijan, really?

why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 15:54
Star Player

Teams: Internazionale Milano, Inter Baku and Neftci Baku
Yes its True, Cuz Government spends money on fotball now, and i think sponsors who owned azeri team they dont have to pay taxes to Government if they owned a team. Players gets a lot of monet for football in AZ but i dont think they deserve it))
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 13:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

from uefa.com article, Xäzär Länkäran is wealthest club in Azerbaijan, really?

how?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 14:39
Forum Manager
International

Khazar Lankaran's owner Mubariz Masimov is a multibillionaire. He's a shipping tycoon. He's company "Palmali" is one of the largest carriers in the Mediterranean and Black sea with offices in Turkey, Greece, Russia and Ukraine. And above it all, he’s a big football fan and he loves his native city of Lankaran.

They almost finished building new stadium in Lankaran with the capacity of 15,000. And the budget of Khazar is rumored to be somewhere between 25-30 million dollars. It makes them definitely the richest club in the Transcaucasia region (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia), and probably among top 10 richest clubs of the former USSR.

And here is the deal with all this sudden influx of money.
It is all started after we finally got rid of the old president of the football federation, who happened to be one of the biggest football crooks ever. The new guy, he’s a businessman himself and while he knew very little about how to run a professional football organization, he knew a lot about how to make things work in Azerbaijan.

He immediately started to attract new sponsors into the domestic football and most importantly he gained the support of the president and the parliament of the country, and they issued couple of years ago new legislation that granted tax breaks to all investors who would invest into football. As a result, all of a sudden, investing in football became an asset instead of liability. Plus, recently the president signed a new National Football Development program that postulates the principle of complete tax exemption for football investors. So, keeping a long story short, it became very profitable to be a professional footballer in Azerbaijan. And if everything goes fine, then in few years Azerbaijan may become a real force in European football.

I'm one of the baddest motherfvckers of all time, one of the best singers and one of the best looking motherfvckers you've ever seen. Hold my drink, bitch!

Vahid Azərbaycan

Last edited by Quidam; November 10th, 2005 at 04:17.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 13:25 Thread Starter
Rising Star

among top 10 in former USSR,
behind Russia, Ukraine (many oligarchs there) and ...... ?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 13:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I don't think any Croatian players are going to Azerbaijan anymore after the treatment of four players that went over there, they described it as hell the way they were treated
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 15:43
Forum Manager
International

HajdukSplit

Who are those players exactly? We still have some croatian players and they seem to be very happy - Tomislav Misura, Darko Cordas etc.

I'm one of the baddest motherfvckers of all time, one of the best singers and one of the best looking motherfvckers you've ever seen. Hold my drink, bitch!

Vahid Azərbaycan
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 15:47
Forum Manager
International

w-inds

I meant not among top 10 former USSR nations, but among top 10 clubs (CSKA, Dynamo Moscow, Dynamo Kyev, Shahtar etc.)

But if you are talking about nations, then Azerbaijan is definitely number three behind Russia and Ukraine in terms of money involved in the football.

Vahid Azərbaycan
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 17:37
Star Player

Teams: Internazionale Milano, Inter Baku and Neftci Baku
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
I don't think any Croatian players are going to Azerbaijan anymore after the treatment of four players that went over there, they described it as hell the way they were treated
Theres bunch of croation players in Olimpik Baku
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 03:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidam
w-inds

I meant not among top 10 former USSR nations, but among top 10 clubs (CSKA, Dynamo Moscow, Dynamo Kyev, Shahtar etc.)

But if you are talking about nations, then Azerbaijan is definitely number three behind Russia and Ukraine in terms of money involved in the football.
Top ten clubs? :undecide: ,well lets see,Dynamo,Shakhtar and M.donetsk from Ukraine,some doubts about Dnipro.
Russia-Spartak,Dynamo,Cska,Lokomotiv,Saturn,Zenit.Doubts about Krylya,Moskva,Torpedo and Rubin.
And what about Sheriff from Moldova.

I will say more in top 15 than in top ten Quidam.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 09:00
Premier Player

Teams: noyutchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
one may think that Croatia is heaven

everything is something happened
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 11:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Top ten clubs? :undecide: ,well lets see,Dynamo,Shakhtar and M.donetsk from Ukraine,some doubts about Dnipro.
Russia-Spartak,Dynamo,Cska,Lokomotiv,Saturn,Zenit.Doubts about Krylya,Moskva,Torpedo and Rubin.
And what about Sheriff from Moldova.

I will say more in top 15 than in top ten Quidam.
Sheriff from Moldova
want to know more...

kleber
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 11:51 Thread Starter
Rising Star

any figures about incomes of clubs and wages of players?

also, the gap between rich (like Khazar Lankaran) and poor ......
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 12:49
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by w-inds.
any figures about incomes of clubs and wages of players?

also, the gap between rich (like Khazar Lankaran) and poor ......
the gap is 25 million if khazars budget is 25 million

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 12:53
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by w-inds.
Sheriff from Moldova
want to know more...

kleber
neftchi beat sheriff last year in commonwealth cup

http://fc.sheriff.md/eng/structure/main/

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 13:12 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baku_United
neftchi beat sheriff last year in commonwealth cup

http://fc.sheriff.md/eng/structure/main/
reasons of becoming one of richest clubs in former USSR
Russian oligarchs...?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 19:40
Forum Manager
International

Well, anyway, this is how it looks in Azerbaijan. The analysis is below is very subjective and in reality it may be a bit different, but I think, at any rate, it won’t be too different from this.

On the top of the 'food chain' we have rich clubs (approximate budgets between 15-30 million dollars), and these teams are:

Khazar (Lankaran) – belongs to billionaire shipping tycoon (read above). Almost half of the entire Azerbaijan NT plays there. Their biggest transfer was former Turkey NT forward Oktay Derelioglu.
PFC Neftchi (Baku) – several time Azerbaijan champions, sponsored by the major oil refinery company. Heavy historical affiliation with oil industry (Neftchi means "Oiler). Have players from Georgia and Moldova NTs.
Inter (Baku)- sponsored by the International Bank of Azerbaijan. Their head coach is ukrainan Vitaliy Konkov and their main stars are former Dynamo Kyev players - Makovsky brothers (Belorussia NT players) and Nigerian Laki Idahor.
FC Baku - I don't know who backs them up, but I know that they have about 5-7 different sponsors. In the squad they have Latvian NT, and former Fulham forward Andrey Stolcers and Senegal NT goalkeeper Halidu Sissoko. Plus they have very high quality players from Brazil and Argentina.
FC Karvan (Yevlah) - I'm not sure, but I think they are supported by the group of construction companies. Reportedly this club pays the highest wages in the country.
FC Turan (Tovuz) - the owner is a very rich guy from Tovuz, Tahir Yusifov. He owns large food company, and is dedicated to make his club best in the country. Invests heavily into local football.

Clubs in good financial position, medium income clubs (approximate budgest between 5-15 million dollars)

MKT-Araz (Imishli) - This club belongs to the "MKT" company (the monopolist of cotton production in Azerbaijan), hence the name. And this club might actually be among the richest in the country, but they have probably the worst management. They spend too much money on useless players like former Spartak and Russian NT forward Artyem Bezrodniy. But they do have quite a few good players including Macedonian NT player Zoran Baldovaliyev and a decent ukraninan coach Igor Nakonechniy.
FC Garabag (Agdam) - this club represents an occupied by armenians city of Agdam. The club is sponsored by one of the largest holdings of Azerbaijan, "Azersun Holding". This club has a potential to be among the top teams, but the management doesn't pay as much attention to the team as it could have. Still, the team is doing decently well and has no monetary problems.
FC Olimpik (Baku) - this club is a complete mystery for me. They definitely have money, but I doubt if someone knows how much exactly they have. Their head coach is serbian Peter Kurcibic and they have a couple of croatian and serbian players in the team.

Teams in shaky condition.
These teams definitely aren't poor, it just their position is not as strong as that of those in the top group. But again, I may be wrong (approximate budget between 1-5 million dollars)

Shahdag (Qusar). They don’t have anything special except for 19-year old Nigerian striker Ahmed Tijani who is among top scorers in the league. The club expects to sell him at the end of the season with a good profit.
Genclerbirliyi (Sumgayit)
MOIK (Baku) – the only club in Azerbaijan that has no foreign players and probably the youngest one too. Considered by many as a club for youth.
Goyazan (Gazah) They try hard, but they still have a lot to do.

Vahid Azərbaycan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in