Kafka VIII - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 09:47 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

Kafka VIII

Well, I'm not quite sure if I should open the new one but according to Jan Kafka VII went too big and server couldn't handle it and therefor I am not able to read the last page anymore. Whatever you said in the last page, please repeate it for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 11:50
Star Player

Well, Kat, I too started a Kafka VIII topic for a couple of reasons:
1) I hadn't seen yours
2) "Melium abundare est quam deficere"

So, moderators of the Brazilian forum, please delete my "Kafka VIII" topic, OK?

And, no, unfortunately I'm not among those chosen people who were able to read the last page of "Kafka VII".

SESF

Pieniądze to nie wszystko
post #3 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:32
Running a lax ship
Legend

Teams: FK Austria Wien - Man City - Lazio - Corinthians
...neither am I, good morning !

Well, funny thing is, I wrote one of my most crazy posts ever, referring to all kinds of things from yesterday and particularly to Kafka meetings. Then I pressed submit and the piece never ever appeared again. Then I wrote a short post reporting this, complaining in foul language as well as tongue in cheek about Xtratime technics. Now I find out Jan told something about the server not handling the thread anymore. Hm, interesting coincidence, or so........

Kafka VIII, hallo and prosper well !

CESF

Comedy is playing God to an audience willing to laugh.

Hetherol!

Natural born Menefreghista.

Joke-telling is a displacement activity for those with too many brains and too few ambitions (someone said, oh well).

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio

post #4 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:35
Running a lax ship
Legend

Aq, I also reported me not being able to pick you up from the station, as I will be already in the stadium for the derby at the time of your arrival. But as Vio offered to pick you up, and tgv also did, I think, plus inviting you to join us, well, just meet one of the other friends and after the game we all meet and handle the lodging and everything.

And oh, as nobody can read the Kafka VII anymore, maysbe you give the date and time of arrival again here...

CESF

Hetherol!

Joke-telling is a displacement activity for those with too many brains and too few ambitions (someone said, oh well).

post #5 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:38
Legend
Legend

Go to the Forum Management and you will find out the root of the problem, guys.

Basically, DrugMuIe was back. He's the hole who spammed this board with smileys when Bigsoccer.com went down earlier this year.

Here is his profile link. If you do a search on his posts, you can see how he spammed this thread with hundreds of thousands of "tongue" smileys!

http://www.xtratime.com/forums/membe...threadid=65675

So, as you can see, it's not a server problem.
post #6 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:50
Star Player

Well, the EuroCity 73 I catch from Prague will arrive to the Wien Sudbanhof (Ost) at 15:36 of the 14th of April. So, please, Viola and TGV, I would be very grateful of you can send me an e-mail with your telephone number, so that I can give you a call in case of need. Ah, and the first thing I will see in Vienna... Saint Stephen? Nah! Schonbrunn? Naaaah! The Danube? Naaaaaaah! The Viennese derby between Austria and R****!!! Not bad, eh?

My e-mail address: [email protected]

SESF

Pieniądze to nie wszystko
post #7 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:51
Legend

Teams: Lazio - PAOK - BMG - Atleti - HJK - River - FAK
Thanks OSF!

Concerning Dino: If you want to see the Derby, you have some options:
-We could join tgv on the West stand (where you really stand, behind a goal), where he holds a season ticket. It's the cheapest option and would cost you 10 Euro.
-I hold no season ticket, so if you prefer to sit we could go on one of the main stands.
As we don't play in the big Happel stadium but our small Horr ground (capacity 11500), and a lot of tickets are sold already we have to hurry a bit...

If you don't want, we could go to a bar and meet the rest after the game.

Last edited by Viola; April 3rd, 2002 at 12:53.
post #8 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 13:00
Running a lax ship
Legend

Thanks OSF. Well, you handle this community well enough, but still: if I was you I banned those Big Soccer envy suckers as soon as they register new aliases no questions asked just after registration.

I never understood how they got the benefit of doubt and given the opportunity to post. There never was any doubt that they don't post anyway, but get some psycho arrousal from provocation. Why not just coldbloodedly delete any new aliases of these psycholocically handicaped people right upfront ?

CESF

Hetherol!

post #9 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 13:11
Legend
Legend

I will propose your idea to the rest of the Admin team, Alexx, because I agree with you completely.

Please alert one of us as soon as anyone sees one of those Bigsoccer.com jerks so we can lower the broom immediately.

Thanks!
post #10 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 13:12
Running a lax ship
Legend

Also, OSF, for whatever reason I can't fulfil Aquila's wish to delete the other Kafka VIII thread, the one he laid ground to and then stepped back in truly gentleman behaviour, to have kat's Kafka VIII prosper.

If that was too complicated broken English, in other words: pls delete the other Kafka VIII as I can't.......

CESF

Hetherol!

post #11 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 13:31
Jan
Premier Player

We will soon update the script and then we can delete posts again. Until then I closed the other topic of the same name as this.

I also managed to deleted the post blocking the old Kafka topic, but as a new should be started every couple of thousand posts I closed it. At least you can now go read the end of it should you want to

All known violators are banned on sight and in the BS peoples case IP banning is also used to the extent possible.

Now back to your Kafkanian posting

Jan

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has a Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit has a Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh. "That's why he never understands anything."
post #12 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 13:46 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

Oh, that's how people spend their nights, spamming silly smilies and stuff.
Anyway, Fred, you and Dae share the same college team? I was called to my colleage basketball team once, but when I asked is this serious practise and competing or just some people come together and have fun and beers kind of stuff, they couldn't answere me. Went to few practise, people were so boring and teh coach still didn't know what would we do, so I just gave up.
post #13 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:02
Legend

Teams: Lazio - PAOK - BMG - Atleti - HJK - River - FAK
Ze, I meant Euro 2004.
They are in group 5 together with Spain, Ukraine, Northern Ireland and Armenia. I'm quite sure that Greece will finish second, but who knows, maybe they'll win...
post #14 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:04
Running a lax ship
Legend

In my days, we played football in Gymnasium and hated when we had to do the occasional basketball, volleyball or Faustball, as we call it, a game very similar to volleyball but with a more heavy ball and different technique. So once when the sports teacher pi$$ed us off with the order to play basketball instead of football, I crashed into the wall of the place and got my very only sports injury. Football and ice hockey never did any harm to me, but basketball, hmmmm.......

Ze, as for your latest Kafka VII question:

Group 6 - Greece, Spain, Armenia, Ukraine, Northern Ireland

Which makes it kinda tough, Amos has to hang in really hard, I suppose. Particularly since Northern Ireland showed some astonishing class lately.

CESF

Hetherol!

post #15 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:08
Running a lax ship
Legend

...OK, Vio baby, that was some serious stalking. Not only did we write atr the same time, we also wrote about the same thing. An answer to Ze's question from LAST NIGHT. So half a day later we answer it at the same time. That should bring us up in the stalking world record list...

CESF

Hetherol!

post #16 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:09
Running a lax ship
Legend

...at least we disagreed on Greece's chances......

CESF

Hetherol!

post #17 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:14
Running a lax ship
Legend

...and also we disagreed on the group they play. I still say group 6, wanna bet ?

CESF

Hetherol!

post #18 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:17
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
I don't know, since ze German took over the team has shown a thing never been seen before: they fight. We have the talent, if we play just a bit as a team we will qualify as we should be a better team than anyone but Spain. I'm a born pessimist regarding the Greek NT but it seems there are changes...

Off again.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #19 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 14:24
International

VIVA KAFKA VIII

Basketball (you can say 'hoop' or 'roundball' or 'lets hit the hardwood').... is a huge money making business at the top collegiate level here. The tournament which Maryland won is single elimination with 64 teams in the table, contested over the month of March ("March Madness"), following the 25 or so games the schools playin their respective leagues during December through February. It is essentially a minor league for the NBA, but many people make a big deal about the "amateur scholar athletes" getting their oh-so-important college educations and representing their schools. This is a crap argument. Tons and tons of money pour into the coaches and schools and everyone except the players. They bust their asses while the business people rake in the money. Then only a select few of the players will actually make the millions upon millions in the NBA. The rest get shoved aside no money for their efforts.

Dae grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, about 30 miles north of my home in suburban Washington. We both have supported the Terps through the years.
post #20 of 2939 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 16:20
International

Look at this finely tuned, world champion American athlete. He is the result of sophisticated and precise training and nutritional programs, developed with the latest technology available. How could anyone prefer some skinny, gay waiter like Nesta to this statue of manhood!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...168/1cd1r.html
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in