Salvador Dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2005, 12:21
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
Dali for me too. He was simply fantastic.

"I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know"

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine"

"The best revenge is massive success"

Frank Sinatra

"There are as many opinions as there are experts"

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 11:52
Rising Star

Dali, because he was more crazy than picasso. And also because picasso coppied too much.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 14:44
International

Teams: Los Merengues
Arf (1) Why not Both? ... Pica-Dali-sso ...

There are aspects of S. Dali's art you cannot stumble on in P. Picasso's artistic endeavours, vis-a-vis, there are aspects in Picasso's art you cannot ascertain in Dali's feral creative spontaneity; one was pedantically poetic and the other was automatism-in-full-motion, therefore I appreciate and regard them highly in equal measure.

None is better than the other artistically or creatively, but in regards to opinions and constructed opines, it's all a matter of taste for an XT poster to project ... Nevertheless, the two are unique in their own ethos.

''To create man was a fine and original idea; but to add the sheep was a tautology.'' - M. Twain
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 21:17
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mariachi
There are aspects of S. Dali's art you cannot stumble on in P. Picasso's artistic endeavours, vis-a-vis, there are aspects in Picasso's art you cannot ascertain in Dali's feral creative spontaneity; one was pedantically poetic and the other was automatism-in-full-motion, therefore I appreciate and regard them highly in equal measure.
Didn't anyone teach you to know what things mean before you use them?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 21:21
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
I really don't like Dali, so Picasso please

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 02:18
International

A Cynical Fry on a Satirical Wit, Without Repartee and Parapraxis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantômas
Didn't anyone teach you to know what things mean before you use them?
Oh the [a] ... let me fix it then: [à]

Vis-à-vis: (co-relation, comparisons, all that befits the concept of ‘assertion association’, so to speak) ... Hmmm ... Did you realise correlation based on an argument of comparisons between two distinct individuals exist? ....

As a result, I am intrigued by your pseudo-Borgesian misreading, either way I knew one would make such a 'mild yet primitive' error of observation, and lucky thee ...

''To create man was a fine and original idea; but to add the sheep was a tautology.'' - M. Twain

Last edited by El Mariachi; October 18th, 2005 at 02:37.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 02:23
Rising Star

Teams: AS. Monaco, Czech Republic NT, etc...
Dali, he was just brilliant.

Plasil-Heinz. Allez Monaco!!! ......Monaco Por siempre. ...6. Forza Monaco Jaroslav Plasil.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 08:07
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & La Furia Roja
I simply love Dalís art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago Bernabeu
The Real Madrid shirt is white it can stain of mud, sweat, and even of blood but never of shame.
Hala Madrid ... y nada mas.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 08:09
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid, Ajax, Slovenian NT
None. I prefer the impressionists and the realists.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 10:33
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Oh the [a] ... let me fix it then: [à]

Vis-à-vis: (co-relation, comparisons, all that befits the concept of ‘assertion association’, so to speak) ... Hmmm ... Did you realise correlation based on an argument of comparisons between two distinct individuals exist? ....

As a result, I am intrigued by your pseudo-Borgesian misreading, either way I knew one would make such a 'mild yet primitive' error of observation, and lucky thee ...
Yes, of course. Now you know what it means too. But your usage of it remains wrong. If you actually replaced it with "in relation to" or "in comparison with" you would see what I mean.

In other words, your usage of the phrase vis-à-vis [in relation to] your sentence is wrong. Or rather, my usage of it in the last sentence, vis-à-vis [in comparison with] your sentence, is correct.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 11:16
International

No Fallacy Phallus Intended - Imagination is the Key, Constriction is the Lock ...

Quote:
Yes, of course. Now you know what it means too. But your usage of it remains wrong. If you actually replaced it with "in relation to" or "in comparison with" you would see what I mean.

In other words, your usage of the phrase vis-à-vis [in relation to] your sentence is wrong. Or rather, my usage of it in the last sentence, vis-à-vis [in comparison with] your sentence, is correct.
Oh dear .... That is beside the point as I have realised your initial reaction about the word itself; You misread my Chomsky-like definition of the phrase as a contextual subjective input based on correlation into a clichéd syntax-link with the impetus of the sentence I inscribed.
I already realised the existence of the literal versification of the French definition of vis-à-vis (or face to face) hence, it is all a calculated anti-delimit notion of the phrase that you failed to pick up or sense. There are varied definitions of utilising it based on the contextual premise of my assertions, therefore the association of the phrase can be defined more than its ‘literal’ versification, and hence I have explained it by contention as an idiom of co-relation it relies on, what I previously stated “assertion association” to stamp or input an idea not the systematic definition based on the phrase ... it is as simple as that.

I believe it don't have to explain how I exploit such phrases in such arguments, but sometimes a ‘mild and primitive’ call is a sign for me to clarify my point, just as I am doing so now.

Imaginative use is essential to provoking a though not archaic, text-book anomaly, which is ostensibly the latter that you thought, therefore a ‘misreading’ -- I believe you are what I call, an old-fashioned syntax-regurgitation inducer ....

Last edited by El Mariachi; October 18th, 2005 at 11:25.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 11:20
International

Hehaho ... 'Tihs' ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
None. I prefer the impressionists and the realists.
I eat Dada and dispose Surrealism on the toilet seat of realists and impressionists ...

Last edited by El Mariachi; October 18th, 2005 at 11:26.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 11:29
Xtratime Elite

dali was one hell of
a personnage really. definitavely belong to the 4th dimension

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 14:29
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Oh dear .... That is beside the point as I have realised your initial reaction about the word itself; You misread my Chomsky-like definition of the phrase as a contextual subjective input based on correlation into a clichéd syntax-link with the impetus of the sentence I inscribed.
I see. In that case, feel free to ignore the constraints of the English language. What a burden that must be.

Quote:
I already realised the existence of the literal versification of the French definition of vis-à-vis (or face to face) hence, it is all a calculated anti-delimit notion of the phrase that you failed to pick up or sense. There are varied definitions of utilising it based on the contextual premise of my assertions, therefore the association of the phrase can be defined more than its ‘literal’ versification, and hence I have explained it by contention as an idiom of co-relation it relies on, what I previously stated “assertion association” to stamp or input an idea not the systematic definition based on the phrase ... it is as simple as that.
Indeed. A purposive use then. Again, I applaud you for your courage to operate outside what must be unnecessary boundaries of language for you. Of course, I understood your purposive approach in the first place. I apologise for expecting proper syntax - again I realise that you have no need for such devices.

Quote:
I believe it don't have to explain how I exploit such phrases in such arguments, but sometimes a ‘mild and primitive’ call is a sign for me to clarify my point, just as I am doing so now.
I believe you should explain what type of creative purpose a phrase like "it don't have to explain" means. I throroughly enjoyed your subsequent use of "mild and primitive" as the aformentioned phrase is decidedly "Tarzanian" or, more appropriately, "Flintstonian".

Quote:
Imaginative use is essential to provoking a though not archaic, text-book anomaly, which is ostensibly the latter that you thought, therefore a ‘misreading’ -- I believe you are what I call, an old-fashioned syntax-regurgitation inducer ....
Right. I alluded to this above. I'd just like to point out that your attempt to use Cartesian language in a manner that ignores simple rules of syntax is indeed provoking. Provoking, in terms of laughter, of course. At least you achieved your purpose, albeit inadvertently.

As you were.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 15:07
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
How can anyone not like Dali's art? It's like... I don't know, not liking the Beatles... or Maradona...

Some things are liked by everyone for a reason: BRILLIANCE!

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 17:08
Fine Gentlemen
Legend

Teams: Parma|Italia|
Dali was great...so was Picasso.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 21:38
International

Mother People ... The Breast of Confinement ... and The Milk of Banality

Quote:
I see. In that case, feel free to ignore the constraints of the English language. What a burden that must be.
Like atonal and serial music ... language is subconsciously powerful when not confined (Joyce's demanding works and Breton are simple examples). In regards to that point, the English language is feral and compelling when not constricted, I rather have imagination and innovation as a basis of cerebral evolution rather than froth on ancient and bland systems that, funny enough, can be altered when censured and opposed ... How about that?

Quote:
Indeed. A purposive use then. Again, I applaud you for your courage to operate outside what must be unnecessary boundaries of language for you. Of course, I understood your purposive approach in the first place. I apologise for expecting proper syntax - again I realise that you have no need for such devices.
Devices, Devices, Devices .... I'll use them when I feel so, not when you want them to ... I am the composer of my structure and if you find it difficult to 'get it' then live with it by overlooking. I never question ones approach to semantics and so forth ... I have my thing and you’ve got your text-book “school of suppressed ideas” and so on.

Quote:
I believe you should explain what type of creative purpose a phrase like "it don't have to explain" means. I throroughly enjoyed your subsequent use of "mild and primitive" as the aformentioned phrase is decidedly "Tarzanian" or, more appropriately, "Flintstonian".
First and foremost, my apology with that ("it don't have to explain") as my intent was meant to state "I don't have to explain", it is a fair mistyping on my part, and I apologise.

This is going to be deep, so bear with me: "mild and primitive" is a personal notion that I constructed, it suggests that as long as there is an unconscious fear to certain discordant concepts or thoughts, then there is no such thing as absolute freedom. It is simply the 'Dionysian-and-Apollonian' concept that Nietzsche was fond off and I reconstructed it into that particular expression, so from the Greek Gods to a simple English idiom ... as a matter of fact, I've written a serial music piece with that exact same phrase -- it was an extension of my musical idea describing suppressed systems who are inherently "primitive" (impulsive) yet via indoctrination and programming by societal pattern is toned-down or "mild" (prepared).

I can expand with this perception if you like, but it will be deeply boring for others and, obviously, I will go off-topic as well.

Quote:
Right. I alluded to this above. I'd just like to point out that your attempt to use Cartesian language in a manner that ignores simple rules of syntax is indeed provoking. Provoking, in terms of laughter, of course. At least you achieved your purpose, albeit inadvertently.

As you were.
Hmm ... This is not a test of wit nor the test of syntax rectification, but a test on perception, and I realised your perception of my use of the phrase was based on ‘misreading’, I have utilised this technique not just the least of times but many to mention and it is nothing new ...

Oh by the way, let me expand just once: [,vis-a-vis,] - the commas are the exact written-word manifestation of disjointing, therefore this: -- ,[vis-à-vis], -- is how it should be constructed but for the sake of syntax, fluidity is essential, one might misread, and if you happen to be Chomsky, Sontag or Hitchens for that matter, you would certainly get my use of the phrase at that particular time. But, clearly by what you have asserted (without the brute punch of Swift-esque satire, I might add), I am afraid you are too archaic to understand that man-fabricated structures of ‘theoretical’ linguistics and systems evolve rather than go back into ancient ennui and banality -- You will not realise it, and it is plainly because you have a preconception to uphold.

This is not a neologism-like concept in my part but deconstructing and consciously re-constructing on a very contextual basis, I am aware and deliberate unlike any individual who strays into deliberate automatism while typing, therefore, your point is inconsistent with my line of reasoning, but in regards to text-book cliché and "proper syntax", your argument is valid and correct.

Therefore, you don't have to pretend you are the education system of linguistics, subtly chastising me with systems I am aware of and as a result, I blatantly re-assert as 'banal'.

P.S. Speaking of Chomsky, he's completed a work titled, Cartesian Linguistics. You might be interested.

If you are intrigued; you can PM me, for I do not want to go off-topic; hence, I'll be reading from ya'.

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 21:50
Che
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

fuuny to see the art forum turn into the World football forum

Dali vs Picasso

neither

Duschamp is a contemporary of both and his influences could be arguable greater

"To go down as the greatest, it will take lots of work but that is my target. If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

CRISTIANO RONALDO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in