Design Sub Forum? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 16:26 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Sampdoria
Design Sub Forum?

(Edit)

Sorry champs.

SONO BELLO...SONO SANO...MIA MAMMA MI HA FATTO DORIANO!!!

Last edited by SAMPDORIA; January 15th, 2005 at 16:35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 17:02
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
XT Consultants
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Hi SAMPDORIA, first and foremost, thank you very much for putting up this thread. To reiterate the intent of your thread, I understand that you would like "to have a sub forum to The World of Art forum" to discuss topics of design.

My suggestion: In order to find out how many of us are interested in a DESIGN sub forum, why not have a dedicated thread that covers topics on various aspects of design in THIS forum first? That way, we can gauge the interest.

For your information, I have put a new thread:

By Design
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151331

Let's give it a try first, m'kay?

For me, football is irrationality, tribal, passionate... - Almogŕver

Last edited by Punkette B; January 15th, 2005 at 22:15.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 17:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonita
Let's give it this a try first, m'kay?
Sure...my pen is ready to sign to it!

Last edited by SAMPDORIA; January 15th, 2005 at 17:21.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 19:06
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
I don't think design has anything to do with art. I even don't see much difference with other marketing elements which on itself are the pest of our society. It creates enviromental polution, poverty,... It has absolutely no connection with art, on the contrary it is the exact opposite of it. Needless to say it -whether it is cars or anything else- shoudn't have any place in this forum.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2005, 07:06 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
I don't think design has anything to do with art. I even don't see much difference with other marketing elements which on itself are the pest of our society. It creates enviromental polution, poverty,... It has absolutely no connection with art, on the contrary it is the exact opposite of it. Needless to say it -whether it is cars or anything else- shoudn't have any place in this forum.
It has connections, often the best designers are the ones who can also cross diciplines and sometimes become an artist. But the two work together, they are in the same family, but the intentions are different. You cant say that design is art, but the two are not totally different. I can tell you dont underderstand this. But this is exactly what i mean when i say its a waste of time. Because most people dont even know what they actually are in the first place.

"... It creates enviromental polution, poverty,... It has absolutely no connection with art, on the contrary it is the exact opposite of it..."

What you know about Design..is quoted right there...nothing.

Ive read some woppa's over time but design creating poverty breaks the scales. You must have watched some advertising documentary or something. Design has many diciplines. If you look at the design and art elements and principles, youl find that there are only few differences...but you would even know that would you.

(Edit)

Sorry I had to add this...Im studying to be an Industrial designer right, and I paint and have artworks on display in a restaurant, not michelangelo quality, but good enough. Now i know if i had not been influenced by the paintings/fresco's and scultpures in the Vatican and Italy, i dont think i would be doing what im doing. In my design, art is very present to some sort of degree. I feel that for me, i cannot work without the other. But more so i can rely without design when im doing art, but when i design, i feel that there is always somewhere that i rely on art.

What you are failing to see "gOD", is the work that is produced by design, not its intentions, which from what you have stated are wronge anyway. Generally the idea of design is to improve the way of life of society, unless ofcourse you dont use a mobil phone, drive a car, use a computer...or even use all of those thing you use to cut your food, or maybe you dont need to even wear clothes. Infact, maybe you dont even use this website. Maybe you dont use furniture at all, or maybe you dont use a toothbrush or wear shoes. Actually you would have to be mute and paralyzed from the neck down...but then you would need a weelchair...unless you/they dont use that either.

Last edited by SAMPDORIA; January 16th, 2005 at 11:01.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in