Xtratime Community banner

African footballplayers in the Baltics

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  vol 
#1 ·
Hello! My name is Oivind von Mehren - I am a norwegian student currently writing a book about african players in European football. I am desperately looking for someone who can help me finding information about the africans playing in the Baltic countries ! I have looked through several webpages but I'm having some problems with the language...

Here are the players I have from these countries

ESTONIA
PAUL UGOCHUKWU OFOLETE

LATVIA
CHRISTIAN SAGNA
JEAN-PAUL NDJOUMECK
BRUNO NJEUKAM
CHRISTIAN MAKOUN
CLAUDE-PARFAIT NGON A DJAM
AARON NGUIMBAT

LITHUANIA
CHRISTIAN SAGNA
ADEBAYO AKINFENWA
IZRAEL AWENAYERI DOUGLAS
CLEMENT BEAUD

If you know of other africans playing in the Baltics- please let me know! Former players are also VERY interesting!!! If anyone have some comments about the mentioned players that would be great!

You can also contact me at von_mehren@yahoo.no

Any information is very much appreciated!!! If you cannot help me - please send this e-mail to someone who might can! I will be eternal grateful!

Yours sincerly

Oivind von Mehren - Norway

See less See more
#2 ·
LITHUANIA:

"Fk VETRA"- Clement Beaud (cameroon)
IZRAEL AWENAYERI DOUGLAS(not sure of nationality :wallbang: )

"Fk SUDUVA"- Cristian Sagna (Senegal)

Former players:

"FK Altantas" -ADEBAYO AKINFENWA(isn't he english:d? :undecided:

You know, the season only starts in about a months time, and alone in Lithuanian clubs there are at the moment at least 5 African players, who havent signed contracts yet...but i'm sure some of them will soon do thta, i'll inform you.

#3 ·
von_mehren said:
ESTONIA
PAUL UGOCHUKWU OFOLETE
As much as I know, he is the only african who has ever played here. It turned into a complete farce. He signed a 3-year contract with Maardu Levadia in january 2003, but after couple of months Levadia broke the contract and refused to pay him salary, as they were dissapointed in his skills. It grew into a small scandal, as Ofolete was furious at the club, saying that the coach and rest of the staff were against him from the start, the living conditions offered to him were horrible and he never got the promised salary. He promised to make a protest to FIFA, but I don't know if he really did that.

#4 ·
#6 ·
#9 ·
African players in the Baltics

Hello! Thank you all very much for the help! Just found out Clement Beaud now plays for Academica Coimbra in Portugal! Is there any way I can find out matches/goals per season for the africans mentioned? Please let me know! Greetings from Oivind!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.