UEFA Champions League 2015-2016 - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2016, 14:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

UEFA Champions League 2015-2016

The first leg of the Round of 16 is being played tonight. Atlético are taking on PSV in Eindhoven.

Tiago, Thomas and Carrasco are out with injuries but the Portuguese has travelled to the Netherlands in order to join the team as support. He's very important for the group as a whole. Augusto Fernández is back though, almost 2-4 weeks before time which is quite extraordinary. He could actually start tonight.

PSV will have Guardado back from injury and Van Ginkel trained with no problems yesterday after sitting out training on Monday because of precaution. De Jong is suspended though.

I don't expect an easy game by any means considering Atleti are missing firepower at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2016, 21:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Atlético should've won this game. The efficiency is horrendous when the chances arrive. Both Griezmann and Vietto should've scored, especially Griezmann and comfortably.

The fullbacks didn't get enough help to open up the pitch at the end of the game. Too many situations where the movement isn't good enough without the ball. I can understand that the ball circulation is poor when the pitch isn't in good conditions but the players didn't put in enough low crosses into the penalty area and did little to combine in reduced spaces. The team also lost it's ability to combine when Torres entered. Another game where Atlético's missing individual quality to win spaces, only Correa managed to do it once or twice. Few shots from outside the penalty area, only Gabi managed one.

Hopefully they've learned something from the Celta-tie after not getting an away goal.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2016, 21:51
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
I know you kinda have to reinvent your attack every season with the amount of personnel changes offensively, but defenitely Simeone needs to figure out some form of attacking plan that can be consistent and effective. This is like 3rd or 4th game I seen of yours this season where you look clueless going forward.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2016, 22:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
Abysmal stuff by Atletico honestly. Truly an eye sore to watch this team

VIVA ESPAÑA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2016, 01:13
Premier Player

Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
More of the same today. This time against a team with 10 men for 20 minutes.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2016, 16:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

February is usually a bad month for Simeone because of Profe Ortega's "mini pre-season" which'll help the team to last better in the last 6-8 weeks. They've been training hard after the elimination to Celta and some players are feeling tired. Find that normal but the real issue is connected to the movement off the ball and the demand on the strikers. It's impossible to break down a team if the movement is bad in the final third. Very few diagonal runs, little interplay and combinations that lead to nothing.

The strangest part to me are the crosses: always high, never on the floor and nobody's in the right zone to attack them. The team is throwing away a large chunk of chances by not being enough efficient in the decisive moment, especially when it comes to crossing the ball. There were also few moments where the fullbacks got proper support to double up or at least create 2-on-2-situations. There's a clear problem with individual ability in this team so that's why the injury to Carrasco happened at a bad time. Correa's the only player who can create something on his own. You need that element as well in order to break down a team. Torres entrance was also unfortunate considering Vietto was moving quite well and actually participated but it was impossible to know that Pereiro would get sent off ten minutes later.

The ball tempo was also very slow. It took an eternity for Gabi and Koke to release the ball. Augusto could've done a job against PSV but I'm not sure how fit he really is. The feeling is that there's a clear risk he might get a relapse if thrown in too early.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2016, 08:12
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Congrats on qualifying

Losing the tie on the last kick of the game is hard to take but Atleti deserve to go through based on their performances over the two legs

Saul really impressed me today - the kid could have a big future

I really think you guys lack a clinical finisher up front as Griezmann seems to not show up in big games and Torres is Torres. Any news on Diego Costa returning?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2016, 17:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Congrats on qualifying

Losing the tie on the last kick of the game is hard to take but Atleti deserve to go through based on their performances over the two legs

Saul really impressed me today - the kid could have a big future

I really think you guys lack a clinical finisher up front as Griezmann seems to not show up in big games and Torres is Torres. Any news on Diego Costa returning?
Thanks. Big props to PSV for their performances over the two legs, especially at Vicente Calderón. It'll serve as an important thing in the future if Cocu gets to continue working with the team.

They're actually working on getting Diego Costa back but it'll be a very expensive matter. Don't think they'll get him for less than €50 million. Hopefully he continues drawing negative publicity to his name in England as the past week

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2016, 21:20
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
did we play against psv or psg?? i am starting to become very unhappy with the way we are playing...what the **** make a ****ing goal!!
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2016, 21:40
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2016, 21:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Pff, these guys..this crowd..

To the semifinals without a real striker.
YBC likes this.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2016, 22:44
BARRED!
Rookie

2 Tickets Final - Champions League 2015/2016 Milano 28th May

contact [email protected]
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2016, 00:32
Premier Player

Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
This team is peaking at just the right time. Amazing job today. Would be nice to avenge that finals loss to RM.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2016, 17:31
Rookie

Teams: Atletico Madrid
Amazing time, amazing team.

I'd like to write something more, bit i'm drunk. Well, I'm drunk since wednesday and I cant stop celebrating this wonderful victory.

Best wishes for zoric - my favourite Serbian Rojiblanco on these forums.

Thats how Brussels celebrated Atleti's victory (i'm the bold guy with the hood on my head). Aupa!

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2016, 23:16
International

****ing amazing victory..this players will fight like crazy for each others...grande atleti!!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2016, 23:18
International

bayern revenge finally!!!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2016, 21:42
International

atletiiiiiiii!!!
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2016, 21:44
International

torres and saul amazing today
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2016, 22:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Augusto's getting a shot on his balls and then continues to run with all the pain in the World..

Loooooooooooooooong looooooooooong loooooooong to go though. Bayern is a fantastic team.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2016, 22:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Augusto's getting a shot on his balls and then continues to run with all the pain in the World..

Loooooooooooooooong looooooooooong loooooooong to go though. Bayern is a fantastic team.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in