Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Liga BBVA | J1 | Atlético de Madrid vs UD Las Palmas

ATLÉTICO DE MADRID

OBLAK
JUANFRAN - GIMÉNEZ - GODÍN - FILIPE LUÍS
ÓLIVER TORRES - TIAGO - GABI - KOKE
GRIEZMANN - JACKSON MARTÍNEZ

A new season is underway tonight. Atlético start out against Las Palmas who were promoted through the play-offs after missing out on their opportunity in the 93rd minute last year. Diego Simeone's already confirmed the starting line-up. Filipe Luís returns to Vicente Calderón after 468 days while Óliver Torres is starting as expected. Jackson Martínez is making his debut despite not being in top form physically.

Thomas is injured so he won't be in the squad. Siqueira will be solid so that's why he's not in the squad. Three players will be cut once the final squad of 18 is presented an hour before the game.

LAS PALMAS

UDLP might be playing with a line of five defenders for this game which'd mean they'll leave their usual 4-3-3 behind. Remains to be seen if that'll be the case. We'll see Alcaraz, Aythami and Bigas as CB's if that happens. Be on the look out for Javi Castellano who was their most consistent performer last season and naturally the attacking trio. Araujo is their best player individually and he's finally found his feet after not making it at Boca Juniors. Jonathan Viera didn't do it at Valencia but is instrumental in the way UDLP play. Remains to be seen if Willian José is fit for fight as he's had problems with a foot injury or if Nauzet Alemán will start instead.

Javi Varas and Culio are suspended because they picked up red cards in the play-offs last year. Former Villarreal-defender Ángel is injured. Garrido isn't ready to fight for a spot while Tana and Jesús Valentín haven't been included in the squad because of technical decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2015, 13:37
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan !!
Who are your other central midfield options?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2015, 15:20
Premier Player

Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
What ever happened to Koke playing in the doble pivote?

I liked that idea as it meant a more offensively oriented lineup with Vietto or Carrasco taking Gabi or Tiago's spot.

My main critique of Simeone last year was a lack of offensive ambition considering his squad's talent superiority over the majority of La Liga teams.

I see the same old lineup today. Let's hope they don't concede possession to a vastly inferior team.

On another note, I'm very happy to see Óli in the starting lineup.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2015, 20:15
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
we are playing like shit but greizman scores lucky goal 1-0.

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2015, 15:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not a particularly good game. Too much passing and very little shooting is the general consesus. It's been something of an issue during pre-season as well and has to improve. Tiago and Gabi did well yesterday. They look better physically than last year and that has been the case since the Shanghai-game. Jackson Martínez is late with finding his form but that was to be expected considering he didn't do anything for 18 days during his vacation. We'll have to wait for him before he's fully fit.

Atlético were once again very good in not conceding chances in open play but what I really didn't like yesterday was the amount of chances UDLP created through set-pieces. Things improved a lot when Raúl García was brought onto the pitch in that sense but also in terms of killing off the game.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2015, 15:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw, Oblak's save on Aythami's chance is just one of these that wins you games. Oblak wins points, he's that type of goalkeeper. Vital player.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2015, 00:29
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
is true tiago and gabi played great but koke looks lost...doesnt know where to play and to position himself, we need him like before.

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2015, 12:08
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectorious View Post
is true tiago and gabi played great but koke looks lost...doesnt know where to play and to position himself, we need him like before.
You would hope that Koke moves into CM this season. I personally think Gabi/Tiago is too slow as a partnership now. They should be rotated.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2015, 15:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
You would hope that Koke moves into CM this season. I personally think Gabi/Tiago is too slow as a partnership now. They should be rotated.
Koke will play as a CM when the team needs it. In most cases when Atlético have the majority of possession and need to be incisive. He'll also move to CM when the team needs to turn around a result or simply apply a more attacking strategy. The idea from the beginning was to use Motta as a CM but since PSG didn't let him go alternatives will have to be found. Koke will eventually move to CM with time but it's a process which requires consistency from the player in this very position, like everything else. There are more alternatives upfront this year which'll also have an effect on the midfielders. Every game is like a casting for places and the internal competition will hopefully push the players to improve as footballers.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in