Liga BBVA | J8 | Atlético de Madrid vs RCD Espanyol - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2014, 13:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,302
Liga BBVA | J8 | Atlético de Madrid vs RCD Espanyol

Some changes in the starting line-up. Good overall performance with a few things to improve. Routine win in many ways.

Giménez getting his first start of the season and ends up with an assist. Mario as a sub goes on to score the second goal. Tiago got a slight injury which is the only real negative going into Malmö FF next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2014, 23:36
International
 
Hectorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Los Angeles/Santa Barbara
Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
Posts: 5,600
amazing these goals from the air

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
Hectorious is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2014, 03:10
Premier Player
 
The Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Miami
Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
Posts: 1,606
Got the win and were in control of the game but still not a fan of the Mandzukic-R. Garcia partnership. They don't seem to complement each other as they both lack individual skill.

Last edited by The Prodigy; October 20th, 2014 at 03:16.
The Prodigy is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2014, 14:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
Got the win and were in control of the game but still not a fan of the Mandzukic-R. Garcia partnership. They don't seem to complement each other as they both lack individual skill.
Mandžukić has to learn how to work the channels a lot more and run off the ball better. I think Atleti and Mandžukić have to meet half way. Atleti will have to play to his strengths (crosses into the penalty area) and he'll have to give something back (work on his off the ball movement). Simeone's insisted on off the ball movement massively since the players came back from the NT-break. I don't think the attacking line will be good until maybe earliest February or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2014, 15:46
Premier Player
 
The Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Miami
Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
Mandžukić has to learn how to work the channels a lot more and run off the ball better. I think Atleti and Mandžukić have to meet half way. Atleti will have to play to his strengths (crosses into the penalty area) and he'll have to give something back (work on his off the ball movement). Simeone's insisted on off the ball movement massively since the players came back from the NT-break. I don't think the attacking line will be good until maybe earliest February or something.
I didn't watch him play at all before he joined Atleti but you would think he'd be the type of striker who'd know how to move without the ball. It's not like he's skilled on it.
The Prodigy is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:52
Qfwfg
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 06 2014
Posts: 575
He makes good runs in and around the penalty area, and he tracked back a lot for Bayern, but he can't drift wide like Costa. You can see the difference Costa is making to the Chelsea attack by drifting wide and opening up space for Hazard/Oscar/Fabregas to come through the middle.

Basically Costa did all of what Mandzukic does but he could also go wide and dribble and use his pace.
Maat is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 15:50
Premier Player
 
The Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Miami
Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maat View Post
He makes good runs in and around the penalty area, and he tracked back a lot for Bayern, but he can't drift wide like Costa. You can see the difference Costa is making to the Chelsea attack by drifting wide and opening up space for Hazard/Oscar/Fabregas to come through the middle.

Basically Costa did all of what Mandzukic does but he could also go wide and dribble and use his pace.
This is what the front of our attack is missing at the moment, especially when Mandzukic and Costa start together. The ability to dribble past opponents.
The Prodigy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome