UEFA Champions League 2013-2014

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2013-2014

FC Porto
Club Atlético de Madrid
FC Zenit
FC Austria Vienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 18:14
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Good draw, got the 2nd worst top seed in Porto and Zenit aren't up to much either.

Vienna are shit.

Should top the group.
post #3 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 18:45
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Che Forever View Post
Good draw, got the 2nd worst top seed in Porto and Zenit aren't up to much either.

Vienna are shit.

Should top the group.
Let's not forget Rubin Kazan the 5th best team in Russia knocked Madrid out of Europe last season.

I'm very confident Zenit will beat Atletico Madrid at home in Europe. You don't win 15 times, draw 2 and lose 1 out of 18 European home games by not being up to much either. We might lose away but we will definitely win at home.

post #4 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 18:46
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
Let's not forget Rubin Kazan the 5th best team in Russia knocked Madrid out of Europe last season.

I'm very confident Zenit will beat Atletico Madrid at home in Europe. You don't win 15 times, draw 2 and lose 1 out of 18 European home games by not being up to much either. We might lose away but we will definitely win at home.
Your overall recent European record is dire.

I don't care about just your home form.

Like you definitely could beat Malaga at home?
post #5 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 18:52
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Your overall recent European record is dire.

I don't care about just your home form.

Like you definitely could beat Malaga at home?
Depends on who your comparing us with, if your comparing us with Barca then I will agree with you.

Zenit were in the middle of a domestic crisis last year when the CL happened and we couldn't even beat crap Russian teams. I wouldn't gauge our result against Malaga in the middle of this as a bench mark of how we can play at home in Europe.

We have beaten Bayern Munich, Manchester United, AC Milan, FC Porto, Shaktar Donesk, Benfica, AC Milan and Marseille in the last 5 years just to give you an idea of what we can do when were on form.
post #6 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 18:57
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
Depends on who your comparing us with, if your comparing us with Barca then I will agree with you.

Zenit were in the middle of a domestic crisis last year when the CL happened and we couldn't even beat crap Russian teams. I wouldn't gauge our result against Malaga in the middle of this as a bench mark of how we can play at home in Europe.

We have beaten Bayern Munich, Manchester United, AC Milan, FC Porto, Shaktar Donesk, Benfica, AC Milan and Marseille in the last 5 years just to give you an idea of what we can do when were on form.
I look at more your general performance, instead of picking just one off games. (especially picking 1 game in a 2 leg tie, yeah you beat Benfica in 1 game, but they knocked you out)

You've been knocked out of the EL qualifiers in 09/10, the CL qualifiers and then the subsequent EL group stage in 10/11, did OK in 11/12 in reaching the R16 and then got knocked out of the CL groups last season.

That's a frankly rubbish record in the past 4 seasons.
post #7 of 243 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2013, 19:05
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
I look at more your general performance, instead of picking just one off games. (especially picking 1 game in a 2 leg tie, yeah you beat Benfica in 1 game, but they knocked you out)

You've been knocked out of the EL qualifiers in 09/10, the CL qualifiers and then the subsequent EL group stage in 10/11, did OK in 11/12 in reaching the R16 and then got knocked out of the CL groups last season.

That's a frankly rubbish record in the past 4 seasons.
You can decide to look at what stats you want to pal.

Whatever makes us look worse but we will beat Atletico Madrid in Russia.
post #8 of 243 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2013, 22:55
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray
No doubt this isn't an easy group, but I still expect Atleti to qualify. I think Porto can always suprise people, they've rebuilt their team well over summer after the departure of Moutinho & James Rod to Monaco. Zenit are a good side too, but I think if Atleti can get 4 points from them then that'd be enough.

"SEKSİ KULÜP!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altano View Post
Can someone explain to me how Vederson could play yesterday???? Was he not sentenced to prison????
- Turkish football in a nutshell
post #9 of 243 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2013, 14:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tonight's the night. Atlético's re-entering the Champions League after 1380 days outside the most prestigious tournament in Europe. Everyone's fit and ready to go apart from Diego Costa's who's suspended for his "headbutt" on Pavel Horváth and the excessive ban he got. Adrián will take his spot which again goes on to show that Cholo is looking to recover the player he's got a soft spot for. Simeone's called up Josuha Guilavogui to the list of 19 because Tiago is half-injured, his first call-up, although the most likely outcome is that he won't be in the squad come the match. Toby Alderweireld will though.

Óliver, José María Giménez and Javi Manquillo were left out.

Zenit have travelled without Roman Shirokov and Aleksandr Anyukov who're both out with injuries. The former will definitely be missed big time because of his footballing ability and runs without the ball at his feet. He's a tremendous player, just a bit controversial. Danny is their best player this season and his form in the beginning of the season has been nothing short of brilliant. Much is won if the collective game eliminates Danny's presence as he's good in many departments: link-up play, individually and he sees the pitch really well plus he offers runs without the ball which are good. Hulk will most likely start as he's back from his injury while they'll have plenty of movement upfront. They're really good on the counter and it's something we have to look out for. Witsel is the best player in terms of holding onto the ball but I think Fayzulin's done a good job as well so far. Think it'd be a wise move to water the pitch (if Zenit comply, such are UEFA-rules I believe..) because Ansaldi does have issues with a fast pitch, otherwise a great defender who the club tracked back in the day. Their CB-pairing isn't really the best in my opinion, many of the goals they've allowed this season have come through the middle. Although you never know with Spalletti, he might go with a backline of 3 plus attacking fullbacks which he's done in past games in Europe as well as in the league this season against Kuban and Rubin. Zenit's also got a new goalkeeper called Yuriy Lodygin who's been very good since his arrival. We could probably challenge him a lot more in the aerial game than he's getting challenged in Russia because he doesn't catch the ball a lot, rather likes to punch it.

Every mistake is expensive at this level, just like Cholo said yesterday so precision is very important.

Atlético also beat Zenit with 4-2 in UEFA Youth League today after goals by Borja Martínez, Jony, Iván Calero and Iván Alejo.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #10 of 243 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2013, 18:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

ˇˇˇˇˇVAMOS ATLETI!!!!!

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #11 of 243 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2013, 21:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Three important points which definitely could've been less. Zenit didn't have a single good play in the first half but Spalletti opened up and gave his players more freedom in the second half. Atlético should've been up at least two goals by then if it wasn't for Godín's horrendous finishing. He actually should've had a hattrick tonight if his precision was better, fortunately it didn't cost us. Diego Costa was very missed tonight. Nobody's as strong and tough to mark at Atlético compared to him and he's also tremendous individually. Villa had to drop out a lot from his striking position and nobody was in the penalty area once Zenit's defene was overplayed. I don't like the way Atlético played tonight, especially in terms of quick transitions which they allowed Zenit and one which they scored from. It could've gone either way by then, fortunately it didn't. Arda's determination on his goal is what we need while Léo's directness showed right after he was subbed on. Well played by Simeone.

Atlético didn't look like themselves tonight; the pressing was a bit off further up the pitch and the biggest problem was by far the inability to break properly. The quick, short passing was good until someone had to use a burst of acceleration, something that never happened apart from when Adrián tried. Set-pieces were really good for 70-80% of the time though and they're so important when we're missing a player of Diego Costa's profile.

Mario was good and the team eliminated Danny for some 88 minutes. The problem was Hulk though, especially when our defenders were left alone in transition. That can't happen again. The team has to be a lot more tight in those situations.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #12 of 243 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2013, 00:08
Star Player

Arda Turaaaaaan!

Great result for Atleti, I only saw bits of the game, it didn't seem too great a performance but at this level all you need is 3 pts.

"SEKSİ KULÜP!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altano View Post
Can someone explain to me how Vederson could play yesterday???? Was he not sentenced to prison????
- Turkish football in a nutshell
post #13 of 243 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2013, 00:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looks like Adrián's got a facial fracture tonight and will be operated tomorrow. Hopefully he won't be out for too long as he had a solid game tonight, despite being pretty frustrating, as always.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #14 of 243 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2013, 02:31
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Really happy Atleti won. Great result! Seem like Koke is coming along nicely.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #15 of 243 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2013, 02:34
"4"
Star Player

Congrats on the win,

Arda

"4"
post #16 of 243 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2013, 22:27
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
amazing arda, i will have kebab with rice this week twice for him.

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
post #17 of 243 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2013, 18:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Cholo opts for Raúl García in Diego Costa's position and starts with Léo Baptistăo instead of Koke tonight. Should be interesting to see what'll happen.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #18 of 243 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2013, 19:12
brs
Star Player

Is it not the other way around? Raul Garcia in for Koke and Leo as striker.
post #19 of 243 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2013, 19:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes mate, seems that's the way we'll play, at least according to UEFA.

Surprising that Koke isn't in the starting line-up though.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #20 of 243 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2013, 19:51
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
Yes mate, seems that's the way we'll play, at least according to UEFA.

Surprising that Koke isn't in the starting line-up though.
Rotation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in