Liga BBVA | J12 | Granada vs Atlético de Madrid - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2012, 18:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Liga BBVA | J12 | Granada vs Atlético de Madrid

Atlético is taking on Granada at Los Carmenes. The team failed to score the last time they visited and the game ended in a goalless draw. Toño, who'll be in Granada's goal was an impossible nut to crack against Racing at El Sardinero last year when Atlético kept creating chance after chance without being able to put them away. Tough game as Granada is a solid team, just haven't been able to get the results so far. Small, compact stadium which makes it noisier, so hopefully the boys will be up for this as I'm sure Granada will.

They've got a really important player in Mikel Rico who's dictating their game and getting the ball to their attacking players, so we need a good game by Mario-Gabi, especially in terms of pressing. Plenty of pace and finesse on the wings and a super diver in Dani Benítez who's back from his suspension. El-Arabi is also a good player who's not been effective enough yet in the league.

Granada's CB's aren't particularly good with the ball on their feet though so plenty of pressure, aggressiveness and intensity while being effective on both ends of the pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2012, 20:40
brs
Star Player

A lucky win after being made run ragged by Granada. Arda Turan scored the only goal and Mario Suarez was sent off after collecting the second yellow with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Falcao had 2 good chances but he seems to be missing his goal scoring touch.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2012, 20:40
Star Player

Teams: WAYNE MARK ROONEY+10,Fernando Llorente+10, EESTI
FT 1-0 Atletico,i am happy because atletico are challenging with those two,keep it going!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2012, 20:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Important win, especially as Mario got sent off with some 20 minutes left of the game for a stupid handball he should've avoided. He'll sit out Sevilla next weekend. Should play against Hapoel on Thursday though.

As for the game. Not particuarly good. Granada were superior in the first half and should've had at least one goal, could've had two with a bit of luck. Courtois made a great save and Arda managed to tackle Torje in the last second to prevent him from scoring, his shot went off the post.

Second half was better. The introduction of Diego Costa helped us get the ball further up the pitch. Falcao was really isolated otherwise and generally poor tonight. Simeone's subs all contributed; Diego Costa was our best player alongside maybe Arda and Courtois while he basically kept winning freekicks, broke the pattern of not being able to get past his opponents and got was involved in the winning goal. Koke assisted Arda's goal which was a sitter. Well taken. Tiago overcrowded the midfield and did well tactically.

Tough game otherwise. As expected.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2012, 21:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Having seen Cerdilla's first half against Betis, all I can say is that Atlético won't be passing it from goalkeeper or defence and forward. Rightfully so.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 09:52
Tricampeones
Premier Player

Teams: RC Deportivo de La Coruña & España
Atlético's numbers are already better than the season of the "doblete". 10 wins in 12 games, amazing. You would be clear leaders already in 99% of the seasons.

"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 10:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Well, things have changed in recent times. The depth of the league now is much worse than pre-2007 ish.

Easier to pick up wins now.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 10:13
Tricampeones
Premier Player

Teams: RC Deportivo de La Coruña & España
Maybe it's easier, yes, but for me the main difference is that now Barcelona and Real Madrid are much better and more dominating than before.

"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace"
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 15:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Atlético finally have a proper coach, someone who's prepared to tell the group the truth which clearly never was the case with people in the past. Apart from Quique, nobody ever did that. Quique then couldn't work with Forlán because they didn't get along, ones ego was bigger than the other ones. Simeone's also very flexible and analytical which is so important. Furthermore props to Mono Burgos and Profe Ortega who mean a lot to the players and the way they're preparing for each games but also give Cholo freedom to operate like he wants in order to be successfull.

The team is picking up points because they're being effective on both ends of the pitch, especially defensively. Godín is having a tremendous season so far, by far his best since coming to Spain while Miranda have continued doing a good job. The central line is one year older (Mario) and coping with the expectations (Gabi) these days. Also, the approach is what it is, "partido a partido" and it helps a lot that Atlético can field a semi-strong sides in Europa League this season.

Then there's Falcao, not only is he scoring goals but he's contagious. Works so hard on the pitch that the others take after, you need players like that, both on the training ground as well as on the pitch when it's match day. Incredible that the club were thinking of actually signing Osvaldo when you come to think of it..

Then again, what actually matter is the next game, not the one that was played a few days later. The only way forward IMO.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

Last edited by zoric; November 19th, 2012 at 15:28.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 16:05
Rising Star

no words about arda?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2012, 16:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't want to jinx his goalscoring

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2012, 14:54
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlán#7 View Post
no words about arda?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
I don't want to jinx his goalscoring
I can't resist 4 in 11 games in the league, already more than his total last season in 33 matches, I believe.

Fingers crossed that patch of poor form is behind Atleti now
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2012, 03:27
Premier Player

Teams: Galatasaray
arda has finally learned to play a part of a system. unlike his turkey days where he did little bit of everything ending up doing nothing. he is now being told to do something by the coach whilst before he really never knew what kind of player he is our what he wanted to achieve on the field. i see arda as a leader which is pretty signicative watching him sacrifice his offensive abilities, maybe too much sometimes for the sake of the team. even if he is considered a replacement for diego a believe he cant be that player at all. he can suit the free role but in my eyes he is always better coming from the wing and cut through the middle. he is no playmaker for me but not a traditional winger either. he is just creative and much of a team player. his shape has been the biggest problem before, but now with simone he lost the weight and started to look good on the pitch. his performance this year is the best since nihats glory days at sociedad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in