LigaBBVA | J26 | Atlético de Madrid vs Granada - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2012, 13:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,309
LigaBBVA | J26 | Atlético de Madrid vs Granada



This'll be the fifth game Atlético's playing at 12:00. This is also the second time this season alone the players will be forced to play at this point after a Europa League-game. The planning of these games is laughable. Last time around against Osasuna, the players and coaching staff had 50-53 hours to prepare the game. They don't have to arrive at 04:00-05:00 this time around though but it's still a ridicolous time considering Barcelona play at 18:00 despite having a day more in terms of rest. Horrendous planning.

That, however, is not an excuse for not performing against Granada.

Diego, Tiago, Sílvio and Antonio López are all injured, so they won't feature. Meanwhile, we're without Filipe Luís at left-back so it most likely means Domínguez will play in that position and we'll lose a substantial amount of quality down the left considering he's not any good as a fullback.

Arda returns after an injury he picked up with Turkey during the international break. Saúl is in the squad for this game and he became the youngest ever player to make his debut on the international stage with Atlético against BJK on Thursday. He's the younger brother of Aarón Ñiguéz who used to be such a big talent but the best part about Saúl is that he ditched Madrid to play for Atlético as a 14-year old alongside coach de la Morena

Pedro will also be in the squad while Pizzi has been left out because of his horrendous performances.

Granada

They've got loads of problems and won't be able to field seven (!) players at Vicente Calderón because of injuries and suspensions.

Siqueira, Fran Rico, Franco Jara and Dani Benítez are all out with suspensions in that ridicolous game where Iturralde handed out 13 bookings against Valencia. Roberto, Yebda and Diakhaté are all injured.

That means they'll have Júlio César in goal, a typical reflex keeper who's horrendous in the aerial game. Let's set him under pressure because we've got quite a few players who can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2012, 18:34
brs
Star Player
 
brs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2000
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 3,891
Time to start winning and not be content with draws. Falcao needs to get sharper. I expect Salvio to start with Arda coming in later in the game.
brs is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2012, 12:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Holland
Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Posts: 58,878
Full house. Nice viewing


Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"


Wally is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2012, 12:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,309
The games at 12:00 are usually full when Atlético plays, doesn't matter against who it is really.

Horrendous first half though. The players are incredibly tired and you can see that they just want to put away this game as soon as possible which is part of the reason why they're playing so poorly. We have to get Diego, Tiago and Sílvio back as soon as possible because some are in serious need of rest. Sílvio would've been the most welcome addition today considering how bad Domínguez is in terms of attacking, we've been way too spoiled with Filipe this season.

The aggressiveness and attitude has to pick up in the second half, otherwise I can see us drawing this one as well. Not good considering everyone around is winning..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2012, 14:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,309
The boys looked completely knackered after the final whistle but relief is the right word to describe this game. Simeone and his staff only had 63 hours to prepare this game and I'm positive we never would've won if we played a team that haven't got the amount of injuries and suspensions Granada have at the moment. Poor performance but they somehow managed to overcome their rival today and really did their best despite not having enough energy to press and play the regular aggressive game. Courtois didn't have a single good save to make all game long, well, apart from a long range effort on a freekick.

Our defensive players suffered a bit from the midfield not being able to press their opponent in the first half. Jaime was their main threat but in general, all situations ended with an "almost" for Granada. Godín and Miranda played much better in the second half despite not being able to keep the ball, just like the rest of our team. Domínguez should never play as a fullback again because he simply doesn't add anything in terms of attack while Juanfran, well, what can you say about him? He just continues making progress at right-back. What a run towards the end. Bravo

Simeone will hopefully get one or two players back for the return leg in Turkey because we desperately need to rest Gabi who's played every single minute apart from when he was suspended since Cholo arrived. The midfield were very tired and the main thing right now is recuperation.

The attackers all lost incredibly much possession. That goal will do Falcao good considering he was really struggling all game long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome