Rookie

Manzano Sacked!

Hip Hip Hooray!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:48 Thread Starter
Rookie

simeone

After firing coach Gregorio Manzano, Atletico de Madrid president Enriique Cerezo has declared: "I think that Simeone is a good choice, expecially for his relations with his ambiance. We have sent an offer to El Cholo. He is happy to come here, but now we must negotiate. Today we should have the definitive answer".
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2011, 18:59
Star Player

Diego Simeone is back !

Quote:
One time we played Cagliari and before the game I asked him: 'Do you know the name of the centre-back of Cagliari?' 'No'. 'No?! You are not a professional. You have to know the skills of the opponent. You have to know the name of the centre-back'. 'Mister', said Ronaldo, 'I don't know the name of the player I play against. But he knows me'!''

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 01:41
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Apparently Simeone has been officially signed. He is an interesting coach, with some great campaigns and some very poor ones. But I'm sure he will the fan's support at Atlético, which certainly will help.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 02:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
The amount of coaches your club goes through is truly insane, maybe its time to accept that your club is just cursed? Although i gotta say Simeone just insill some much needed cojones into this squad, your players look like a bunch of pansies most of the time and Simeone should be able to change that.

VIVA ESPAÑA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 07:04
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
is the second time this ****er manzano gets fired from us, i dont understand why we got him from the beginner. i hope simeone does better but seriously we have alot of crappy players we have to sell them first.

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 11:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala Madrid View Post
The amount of coaches your club goes through is truly insane, maybe its time to accept that your club is just cursed? Although i gotta say Simeone just insill some much needed cojones into this squad, your players look like a bunch of pansies most of the time and Simeone should be able to change that.
The club is not cursed, it's just something stupid that Jesús Gil came up with in order to get the fans on board with him. Since then, the board have made a campaign out of this stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 18:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

zoric, you need to stop making excuses for the piss poor product your team constantly puts on the pitch.

The nonsense with the board does not prevent a manager and eleven players from getting the job done on the field.

Your squad isn't good, your board is a disaster, you haven't had a competent manager in years, and you're now a laughing stock of a club completely controlled by agents.

Face the facts, mate.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2011, 20:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Man, you're too much. Getting all worked up because of your own misstakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
The nonsense with the board does not prevent a manager and eleven players from getting the job done on the field.
This club have got a debt set at €115-215 million, most likely a lot more than what the board dares to talk about. Gil Marín's family, who own 70% of the shares in the club, have made 43 managerial changes since 1987, the players who're getting signed are almost exclusively property of Jorge Mendes and Manuel García Quillón, so, instead of going out and looking for proper players and install a network through building relationships with other people in other countries and regions, they just turn to these two and they've been involved in 14 people signing for the club (10 out of these have been players and we've got 24 players in our squad). Quillón even managed to squeeze Pipo Baraja in as Manzano's long time assistant coach of 10 years so he'd get a provision. Are these players good enough to be playing for a club that is trying to "reach the Champions League-spots"..? You can answer that for yourself, plus this club haven't got enough strength in depth. As if this wasn't enough; the Gil-family also took over the club alongside Cerezo in an dishonest way and a judge even declared this (the only reason why they managed to keep it was because the time was up for the case).

Caminero? He doesn't have a say in anything. The guy is being used in the same way as Cerezo; public figure that speaks about issues at the club, doesn't take any decisions, those are all Gil Marín's.

There are even stories floating around that they need to sell off Reyes in order to pay some of the player wages. How is this not going to affect you? This is not excuses, this is simply the reality of the football club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Your squad isn't good, your board is a disaster, you haven't had a competent manager in years, and you're now a laughing stock of a club completely controlled by agents.

Face the facts, mate.
alm:

That's what I'm saying as well. Where have I ever said that Atlético's board is any good or competent? Take out Diego as well as Arda and you've got an extremely mediocre team, which also showed big time against Albacete. We haven't even got a proper replacement for Sílvio for gods sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 17:30
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Was hoping that you'd be willing to offload Salvio for a reasonable price, but I guess that Simeone will try to get the best out of him now. This kid is a diamond in the rough.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 18:03
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Valencia C.F
Did Baraja get fired aswell?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 20:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Team Samaras

Manzano shows his real face to you guys, must suck to be so trolled

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
Crazy4TheCrew (Loco4LosChe)
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2011, 07:31
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelco View Post
Did Baraja get fired aswell?
Think so. Simeone has got Burgos as his assistant.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2011, 07:41
Xtratime Legend

He's promising more guts, aggression etc. His Racing side conceded few goals but didn't score many in the past Apertura.

Either way, good luck Cholo!

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in