Elias... so far? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 03:30 Thread Starter
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
Elias... so far?

hi lads,

How is Elias doing so far in Atletico Madrid? I only saw one game of him, against Atheletic Bilbao.

How is he in on the club? Has he conquered teh fans yet?

are you guys gonna change kits in the summer? I want to get an Atletico Madrid shirt with his name on the back. any nice kits? no offense but i don't like the atletico madrid home kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 08:27
Star Player

Teams: Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D. & Hannover 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
hi lads,

How is Elias doing so far in Atletico Madrid? I only saw one game of him, against Atheletic Bilbao.

How is he in on the club? Has he conquered teh fans yet?

are you guys gonna change kits in the summer? I want to get an Atletico Madrid shirt with his name on the back. any nice kits? no offense but i don't like the atletico madrid home kit.
Worse than hoped ... even worse than thought! Ahhh yeah and for this pirce we paied wey to bad!

He conquered the fans when he arrived but missed to show sth on the pitch afterwards.

Buy the away shirt!
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 08:41
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Is there any online store that sells the shirts for a reasonable price? The official store website is a bit pricey.

A friend is setting up a 5-a-side football team and we want to use the Atletico shirts if possible, just having a bit of trouble finding the shirts in stores.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 13:11
Legend

Teams: Éver Banega
Quote:
Has he conquered teh fans yet?
Quote:
He conquered the fans when he arrived but missed to show sth on the pitch afterwards.
Didn't know Husky had jokes. Funny old man.

Bwahaha. He really has been average. No surprise though. Needs time.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 13:15
Legend

Teams: Éver Banega
Zico, i've bought Valencia/Spain national team shirt from this Asian site, honestly, it's the same quality as the shirts they sell at Rebel Sport and the like. The more shirts you order from this seller the cheaper postage is. He has discount on Atlético shirts, it'll be $15 per shirt, approximately. Only issue would be if he has 5 available, regardless you should order from this guy given the price and you don't want authentic shirts playing indoor. You can get proper name/numbers or whatever you like. Looks, abit dodgy but it's safe. You can either pay PayPal or with debit Credit card, or Credit card.

http://www.secretjersey.com/index.ph...081&pid=187758

------------------

The guy takes photos of shirts people order and posts them. This was my one tags and all

Last edited by Blaz; March 28th, 2011 at 13:26.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 13:38
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Good stuff, thanks!

We've apparently got someone on holiday in Indonesia right now who is going to look for some shirts, if he fails I'll give this one a try.

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 13:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The game in Brazil is painfully slow and players sometimes simply stand with the ball infront of an opponent, no one attacks them and they can hog it all they want. It's different in Spain and a player like Elías obviously needs time to get used to the way the game is being played over here, right now though, we're struggling as we haven't got an organizer in the team, the closest thing to such a player is probably Tiago or Koke (still very young..), two good passers of the ball, for our standards.

Elías have started against Mallorca, Sporting Gijón, Athletic, Villarreal, Almería and Real Madrid. He's always played on the left as a winger, defensively, but offensively he's freeing up the whole wing for Filipe Luís to burst forward because he likes to have the whole wing for himself. He looked lost against Mallorca, didn't know his position, the whole team was absolutely horrendous against Sporting and we basically gifted them the winner after two defenders messed up big time. The refs robbed us against Athletic and he was doing allright up until we got a player sent off and had to change tactics..which fell on his shoulders as he was subbed off.

There are two games where he really made an impact; first against Getafe in a draw where he scored a brilliant header to give us a point, came on as a sub and gave us something Atlético really needs; off the ball movement. Quique started him against Villarreal and he was good in that game as well, great interplay with Filipe on Agüero's winning goal, his best game for Atlético. He started brightly against Almería but struggled a bit and was subbed off later. Quique gave him a chance in the derby against Madrid and it proved to be too much for him right now but we're also playing wrong system.

The problem is our coach and he isn't utilizing his players right, he's stuck with two systems. Also, the management are retards, they're not signing the right type of players to play a certain system. I think he'll just keep improving, especially when we've got a more clear idea of what we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 15:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I like him, he's a good player. I question whether Quique can get the best out of him, he seems quite confused with his choice of wide players.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:02 Thread Starter
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Thing is he has never played in the left wing.

His original position is the third man of midfield in the right hand side.

the man that links the midfield together.

thanks for the info
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:07
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Based on what I'm reading the problem isn't that "The game in Brazil is painfully slow", but that your manager is an idiot who doesn't know how to use his players.

Hopefully, either that manager or Elias will leave soon.

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quique won't be at Atlético next season, most likely but I think Elías do just fine with a coach who actually knows how to use him. He doesn't play as an out and out winger, neither as a faux winger, he just defends as a winger and opens up the flank by running into the middle, always without the ball which opens things up for Filipe on the left right now. We should be playing a 3-4-1-2..but then again, I want to see Reyes as a #10 because I know he can handle that sort of position, that's probably suit Elías much better. The thing is though, we miss a good right wing-back for that sort of formation.

The team is trying to play a 4-3-3-formation without an organizer in midfield which is a problem, it often turns into a strange 4-4-2, especially in defence.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Based on what I'm reading the problem isn't that "The game in Brazil is painfully slow", but that your manager is an idiot who doesn't know how to use his players.

Hopefully, either that manager or Elias will leave soon.
He clearly struggled with the tempo against Madrid. Players have a lot more time with the ball at their feet in Brazil which isn't a dig on the league and never meant to be either.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:25
Cachorro
Legend

I didn't think it was a dig at the Brasilian league, Zoric. But even in the Madrid game, you yourself pointed out that Elias was in the wrong position. I'm pretty sure that being in the wrong position was the biggest reason for his difficulties with the tempo - Elias would struggle at that position if he were in the Brasilian league, too. If we try to squeeze a circle into a square hole, the circle can't be blamed for not fitting.

Elias is a good player. It would be a shame to waste him on inadequate roles.

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 16:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oh, don't worry. I rate him, don't listen to what Husky says about him, he usually generalizes about everyone. I didn't follow him while he was at Corinthians but what I did was to download quite a few games, from various periods to see what he's like and what the player is capable of producing. This of course from various periods, some games from early stages of last years championship and then latter. He definitely adds one thing Atlético really misses; off the ball movement. That is something I adore about footballers; when they have a good engine and are willing to run without the ball at their feet. We haven't got too many of those, especially in midfield.

What system do you think is best for him?

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 17:32
Cachorro
Legend

Ze would undoubtedly have more to say than me about the best way to use Elias, and he has already explained some aspects of the player's style - Elias is at his best when he's in a position to link up between midfield and attack, preferably on the right side. Look at how Mano Menezes used to field Elias at Corinthians, where he shone quite brightly:

We could call this a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or even a 4-1-4-1 (as one of the graphics above suggests), and Mano certainly used such variations depending on the adversary, but Elias was always part of a central midfield "core" that connected the 4-man backline to the forward line; one of the other midfielders/wingers would mark one of the opposing fullbacks, while one of the nominal forwards (usually Jorge Henrique) would mark the other fullback. Elias was usually a right-sided DM who would defend when the team lost the ball, and push forward when ball possession was recovered. His vision and workrate make him useful in central midfield, but running after fullbacks/wingers is just a waste of a player like him - he has fewer passing alternatives on the flank, so he can't link the team's sectors as efficiently as he can when he's in the center of the pitch.

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2011, 17:42
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz View Post
Zico, i've bought Valencia/Spain national team shirt from this Asian site, honestly, it's the same quality as the shirts they sell at Rebel Sport and the like. The more shirts you order from this seller the cheaper postage is. He has discount on Atlético shirts, it'll be $15 per shirt, approximately. Only issue would be if he has 5 available, regardless you should order from this guy given the price and you don't want authentic shirts playing indoor. You can get proper name/numbers or whatever you like. Looks, abit dodgy but it's safe. You can either pay PayPal or with debit Credit card, or Credit card.

http://www.secretjersey.com/index.ph...081&pid=187758

------------------

The guy takes photos of shirts people order and posts them. This was my one tags and all

how good is the quality?

ive bought from two different ebay ppl before, and it was quite different. one was impecable the other was pure sh!t. the pure shit one was extremely silky and light (which is not a good thing, didnt feel like a shirt)

where would you classify this?

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 04:14 Thread Starter
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Zoric

He is Mr. versatile... the pure "boleiro" as we say in Brazil. Fit him in the midfield and he will fix anything you can, as he passes well, has vision, perfect positioning (in midfield, not as a winger!) , tackles and keeps hte pulsation of the passing going around. He makes other players tick and he is perfect for being that surprise man coming late to the area and smashing the goals.

He always used to score against Sao Paulo. The first game we play agianst the pink side of the city without him, we lose

Anyway, it really depends what your manager wants. The few times I have seen Atletico Madrid lately (this season I only saw the first half agianst Athletic Bilbao) and the times I have seen other seasons.... you guys play that weird 442, with 2 good open wingers and 2 forwards.... and 2 strong DM's in the middle correct?

I don't think he would be good in to be that sort of DM.... It would be better if you sacrificed one of the wingers or put Reyes in the middle to do the set up.... like he used to do in Arsenal (obviously playing better football, that what he did in Arsenal)

Out of the Garrincha schetches of Corintahins tactical system.... it depends of who we were playing etc.... Mano did very well in changing the patterns when he was Corinthians manager We still miss him and his influence in the club persists until today

But the best schetch is the second one, were he is liking more the midfield and not in a DM defensive line (like I think you play.... sort of Brazil 94... which I suppose is how Atletico Madrid plays there DM's)

But he really excels when he has 2 DM behind him.... and he is the third man of midfield. So the midfield gains in tackiling strenght and the opposing team does not notice Elias much, as he always makes killer passes and arrives late in the area.... then the winger give the ball backwards to him in the edge of the area and he scores

Tactically, the Corinthians from 2008 up to 2010 was built around him We miss him a lot.

He plays in the same role as Ramires. Both of them and Hernanes will fight for a place in the Brazil line up under Mano Menezes.

Look at the second goal he scores... Ronaldo just slips to him here. Mano was using scketch #2 of garrincha's post... he just arrives late and places past rogerio ceni
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 09:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
What i dont get is why Flores is playing Elias in the left when hes not even a winger and not playing Juanfran at all who'ls a pure winger? But yeah, everytime i have seen Elias he really has looked below average.

VIVA ESPAÑA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 10:38
brs
Star Player

Since the arrival of Elias we have switched to a 4-3-3 kind of set up. Though the line-up drawn would suggest that he plays like a left winger he actually does not stick to left at all. I would say he is a CM covering the gap in the left side.

Since he has come he has improved a lot bar the Real Madrid game where Quique suddenly decided to play Reyes on the left side which created complete mess.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2011, 13:54
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Columbus Crew
From what I have seen of Elias so far, I think he is a good player, but I agree with the overall sentiment that QQ just doesn't know how to use him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in