Benitez? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 13:47 Thread Starter
Rookie

Benitez?

SPAIN/ ATLETICO, Benitez for next season ?
10:59| Eddy Akoglu | read 75
Former Inter Milan coach Rafael "Rafa" Benitez could replace Quique Sanchez-Flores at Atletico Madrid in the summer.

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=79403
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 14:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The problem is the board, not Quique. If Quique actually had decent players at his disposal and the board gave him freedom to create the team he wanted, then we wouldn't be going down this road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 14:55
Legend

How are the players at his disposal bad?

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
Crazy4TheCrew (Loco4LosChe)

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 15:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The retards at our board decide to sell off Simão in the middle of the season and with all due respect to Juanfran, but they replace him with a very average winger and on top of that, they almost ship off our most talented winger to Osasuna of all places! They don't sign a proper right-back which has been the priority for TWO SEASONS now, the team still has no natural ball players who'll handle the game from midfield and eventually they manage to go minus over €700 million in ten years.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Atlético are currently where they are?

You'd be surprised by how little influence the coaches have, as if Quique is a exception. Allright, he's not exactly the guy who stands for consistency in terms of line-up's..but how are you supposed to do that when the people above you, especially the sports director keeps choosing quantity over quality? Jesús García Pitarch is an absolute disaster, he's managed to waste more than..well, probably €100 million on players who aren't matching the so called "ambitions" yet they keep him in the job..

..and his latest pearl? Jesus christ, he keeps signing non EU-players despite the fact that we haven't got a place for them. Where's the logic in that?

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 15:27
Forum Manager
International

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/be...sdaiftb_28/Tes

They say Benitez will have total control and Pitarch won't continue. Atletico can't do any worse than what they are doing now with the squad they have got and your realistic expectation is Top 4 spot. So he won't have the burden of expectations and he's a very good Cl tactician as well. This might work if he is given 3-4 years time.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 15:32
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
wow... Good Luck to you guys, this guy is full of complains, excuses, and 'fakhts'.

He can also see a priest on a mountain of sugar.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 15:55
Legend

He is a priest on a mountain of sugar!

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 15:56
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
The retards at our board decide to sell off Simão in the middle of the season and with all due respect to Juanfran, but they replace him with a very average winger and on top of that, they almost ship off our most talented winger to Osasuna of all places! They don't sign a proper right-back which has been the priority for TWO SEASONS now, the team still has no natural ball players who'll handle the game from midfield and eventually they manage to go minus over €700 million in ten years.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Atlético are currently where they are?

You'd be surprised by how little influence the coaches have, as if Quique is a exception. Allright, he's not exactly the guy who stands for consistency in terms of line-up's..but how are you supposed to do that when the people above you, especially the sports director keeps choosing quantity over quality? Jesús García Pitarch is an absolute disaster, he's managed to waste more than..well, probably €100 million on players who aren't matching the so called "ambitions" yet they keep him in the job..

..and his latest pearl? Jesus christ, he keeps signing non EU-players despite the fact that we haven't got a place for them. Where's the logic in that?
Tbf you do have your problems but your position atm is horrendous for a squad of your quality. QQ has to take some blame for it.

I just hope you don't sign Benitez, HE ****ING SUCKS and I would hate to see him do well cause I have a feeling he would.

Simao's departure was a big mistake and I agree, but QQ has his problems with motivating players and they usually sulk for some reason during the season. Nonetheless I can still see you easily making it to Europa League for next year, QQ can deliver.

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 16:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Siete..and that's even worse. Benítez doesn't know what the hell he's doing when signing players, you know what I mean with it as well. The guy's scouting is non-existant and he just keeps signing players who aren't good enough. If he ever gets into an argument with Gil Marín, then he'll most likely be long gone and where do we stand then? That's my point, this club needs a permanent change.

The players just aren't good enough at this point, you can't have holes in the centre of midfield and hope that your forward duo will keep on saving you. Atlético haven't got a single midfielder who's good with the ball at his feet, who changes tempo, runs, plays the ball, finds the killer pass, organizes the game. Take a look at other teams in Spain, who do they have?

FCB: Xavi, Iniesta, hell, Busquets moves the ball with constant one touch football and does what he's supposed to.
Madrid: Xabi Alonso, Khedira and Özil
Villarreal: Borja Valero, Senna, Bruno (yeah, I know, but he never complicates things like Raúl García for an example..), Cazorla
VCF: Tino and Banega

We're missing that genuine creativity, our gameplan is more or less; hit it long at Kun or Forlán, let them do whatever they feel is right.

..and Quique, well, he takes a lot of blame for his way of conducting the players. You can't expect a team to gel if you're never going to give them a proper shot to fail..but the players themselves only have themselves to blame as well, they keep screwing up like they did against Espanyol or Aris, that's what you get eventually, a coach is dependant on getting the results.

Bottom line is, we've had over 40 coaching changes since the Gil's took over, the club has been relegated and missed out on the big money in the early 2000's, it took a shitload of time until they won something again. Time has come for a change.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:03
Star Player

Teams: Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D. & Hannover 96
Banega ... come on mate!!!

I am with you but naming Banega must be a bad joke.

But honestly, you guys are talking about 4th spot. Jesus have you seen our bench?!

Valera, Fran (who is even starting sometimes), López, Diego Costa, Koke ...
Nobody get scared with these guys.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:03
Star Player

Teams: Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D. & Hannover 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Husky-| View Post
Nobody get scared with these guys.
OK, OK, we, the fans, get scared when Valera is warming up. But you got my point, don't you?
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Banega is a brilliant player, if he didn't have the off field issues, he'd be even better than he is right now.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:32
brs
Star Player

JQ...cut your team list. It affects the page layout.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:38
brs
Star Player

This time around I don't think the board is to blame. The blame is mostly on the players and some on coach.

Simao - He was asking for the same wage and for a player who is on a decline that is not the board can afford to give.

Juanfran - He has just come into the team and the coach is not utilising him. How can you blame the board?

Elias - Has he ever been played in the right position by the coach?

Forlan - He is good at shooting in press conferences and not when on pitch this season.

Perea - The coach continues to play him when he has alternatives in Alvaro.

Godin - We needed a good defender and he came but the player forgot how to do it.

Filipe - Getting better as the season is progressing.

700 million debt - The board clarified with a statement today. Somebody is lying but I would believe the board than some agency doing some absurd report.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:39
Legend

They won't fit otherwise

I SUPPORT ALL OF THEM!

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:41
brs
Star Player

Coming back to topic.. I hate Benitez mostly due to his defensive approach. And if I am not wrong Liverpool fans did not like his signings that much (somebody need to dig out this issue in the Liverpool forum).

I think we can do a better job by sticking with Quique.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:42
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Quid View Post
They won't fit otherwise

I SUPPORT ALL OF THEM!
where the hell is Valencia in that list
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:44
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Husky-| View Post
OK, OK, we, the fans, get scared when Valera is warming up. But you got my point, don't you?
Don't get me wrong but Valera is far better this season. Better than the jokers like Godin, Perea and Ufo.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 17:49
brs
Star Player

Loved this photo in Marca. Forlan just looking at the opposite to what Quique is pointing to....
Attached Images

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 18:05
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs View Post
where the hell is Valencia in that list
I don't support Valencia.

You have me confused with a gloryhunter.

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in