Liga BBVA | J20 | Sporting Gijón vs Atlético - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 16:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Liga BBVA | J20 | Sporting Gijón vs Atlético

First half is over; nothing has happened, so for everyone who took a nap, hopefully something happens in the second because this is the worst game of football I've seen from Atlético and their opponent in over a year or so.

Zero shots on goal, four shots in total, the best chance is basically a blocked shot off Diego Costa and he blocked it with his chest.

We look so impotent without Agüero and Reyes..if the team continues to play like this, we'll be a midtable club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 16:56
brs
Star Player

I don't think this game deserves a thread.

Negatives about this match so far:
Atrocious play
Zero creativity
Cheaply giving away possession
Raul Garcia
Antonio Lopez
Sporting players' play acting
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 17:11
brs
Star Player

Raul Garcia and Perea got confused with Sporting' jersey and gifted a goal to them.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 17:24
brs
Star Player

I feel that Quique has to be sacked.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 17:51
brs
Star Player

The team should be given the run around the forest treatment.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quique doesn't know his best team, there isn't any continuity in his selections and he always makes changes which is a sign of how unstable this club is at the moment. The biggest problem is that we haven't got a midfield..and then, when Kun and Reyes aren't playing, then there's no creativity at all.

Today was a disaster, plain and simple. Atlético were absolute rubbish yet Valera almost save a point.

Nine points from Villarreal which'll most likely be 12 once this round is over, it'll be more or less impossible to get a CL-spot.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:16
brs
Star Player

Whoever selects Raul Garcia should be sacked.

I am expecting some serious warning going out to Quique to save the job. He lost the copa tie then this absurd performance.

Last edited by brs; January 23rd, 2011 at 18:22.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:16
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
What I feel is that the same errors are repeating again and again. I think you're one of the very few teams that sacrify the midfield to play with wide wingers that never help in the center. The lack of talent of this team without Kun Agüero is scary nowadays.

The CL is almost impossible for Atletico and this is the ruin of this club.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:19
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogàver View Post
What I feel is that the same errors are repeating again and again. I think you're one of the very few teams that sacrify the midfield to play with wide wingers that never help in the center. The lack of talent of this team without Kun Agüero is scary nowadays.

The CL is almost impossible for Atletico and this is the ruin of this club.
Not in the last few matches. We are playing with 3 across the midfield.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:21
brs
Star Player

Just waiting for the excuses from Mr. Quique about the performance.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:46
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Didnt get to see your game, but based on previuse games Quique is just using Elias so wrong.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 18:57
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Didnt get to see your game, but based on previuse games Quique is just using Elias so wrong.
Good that you did not see the game.

Where do you think Elias has to be employed?

Right now this is how he is used

--------DM(Assuncao)-------
---Tiago ------------Elias
------3 Forwards/Attackers-------
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 19:08
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
He's stuck in between imo.

He's out on the left side of the midfield without a clear defenition of what he has to do, and he just doesn't express himself.

I think that him and Tiago can't be in the central/defensive midfield together.. Elias needs the ball in his legs, and alot of it.. he needs to feel involved in the passing game in an influencial manner, not passivly like it's right now.

I think either he's being played strictly behind the striker, being the target to Tiagos passing and being looked to create for the attack, or he needs to be played together with Assuncao without another ball demanding midfielder.

Basicly with Tiago playing so good i'd say it should look like

---------Assuncao---------Tiago-----------

-----------------Elias-------------------

He needs more free reign to wonder around the pitch and try link-up with everyone, thats when he's at his best... also in his role he's counted alot of his defensive game and being asked to be physical winning midfield battles and it's costing you guys... it's not like he can't do that, but still it'll be best not to count on his defensive game and his closing-down ability imo.

In Brazil he looked great as the 'Xavi' type, with a destroying DM behind, and him given the keys to the entire midfield.. but atleast this season this is on Tiago from what i've seen from you guys, rightfully so.. so untill he gets adjusted(and he obviusly havn't so far), the 1st option would be the best imo.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 19:19
Rising Star

i missed the game....wtf is this zoric?we will be out of europe next year....we cant score the ****ing goal...
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 19:22
brs
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlán#7 View Post
i missed the game....wtf is this zoric?we will be out of europe next year....we cant score the ****ing goal...
hehe..why are you blaming zoric?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 19:41
Rising Star

i dont blame zoric but im pissed off....we are strugling so bad.....
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 19:54
Rookie

Where is Godin?

What happened to Godin? I have not seen him play for weeks, did he break his leg or something? Atleti's defense is pathetic, Perea has not improved at all from last season. Constantly Atleti are giving away cheap goals, because they fail to clear loose balls. Is Quique to blame? Maybe... He doesn't seem to have the answers to fix the weak defense. The midfield is nothing without Reyes and the forward line is nothing without Aguero.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 20:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

So..for the upcoming games, the following needs to happen.

a) Quique has to decide what his best eleven is, he can't continue dribble with the players and constantly make changes. There's no continuity at the moment and a lot of players are being changed from game to game.
b) Decide what system you want to play, only Atlético changes it's system in the middle of a season.
c) The midfielders have to start getting involved, Tiago will do just fine as long as he plays, Raúl García has to be benched for a lifetime now, there has to be consequences when certain players aren't doing well and he's been nothing short of a disaster all season long.
d) Integrate Elías and Juanfran, they have to play because we haven't got any better options in these positions.

Kun is back for our next league game, Reyes, not so confident about that, but still, we should do much better.

De Gea
Ujfaluši/Valera - Godín - Perea/Domínguez - Filipe
Paulo Assunção - Tiago
Elías
Juanfran - Forlán - Agüero

If we can't get it to work with the midfield, then start giving Koke a chance to prove himself. He may be young, but he's a terrifick passer of the ball, something Raúl García isn't and never will be. I would like to see a player like Borja get a chance as well, I understand that he's young and just came back from a ACL-injury but Quique simply isn't using his resources at the moment. He's a tall guy, strong in the air, has got good movement and most important of all; he's always a goal threat. I just don't understand what you gain by putting Filipe into the game when there's ten minutes left of the game instead of a striker..

Btw, I'd like the team to start playing as a team again. We did it after the debacle in Huelva last year, Quique managed to instruct players like Reyes and Simão to track back, work for the team and that's why the team won Europa League, just compare the final or any other knock out game to our last games against Madrid.

..and no more games on Mondays, our players have less than 72 hours to recuperate so it isn't strange that we're heading into a slump like this.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 20:15
brs
Star Player

The coach and players made sure that we won't have mid week games this season by exiting out of Europe and Copa. Atleast we cannot blame fatigue from now on.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 21:08
Rising Star

The lacks a MF who can pass and retain possession well. Someone like Parejo should have been purchased. Very talented and a realistic option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in