UEFA Europa League | R2 | Atlético de Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 19:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

UEFA Europa League | R2 | Atlético de Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen

Ok, so Atlético is looking to redeem themselves after losing in Greece against Aris a couple of weeks ago. Bayer Leverkusen is no pushover, far from it, at least it should be and it should be really interesting game.

Quique is opting for Filipe Luís at left-back again but Agüero's not even on the bench since he probably wants him fit against Sevilla at the weekend. Ufo is back at right-back meaning Perea moves into the centre and plays alongside Domínguez.

Raúl García will make Paulo company in the centre of our midfield.

De Gea
Ujfaluši - Perea - Domínguez - Filipe Luís
Reyes - Raúl García - Paulo - Simão
Diego Costa - Forlán

The Germans are without Renato Augusto, important player, but they should be fine really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 19:21
Rising Star

i really doubt we can score more than a goal without kun......this team need him so much....its time for forlan to show some skills.....
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 19:45
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
As long as Asuncao is consistent. Reyes, hopefully doesn't flop too much, otherwise refs might not give him calls, and it might waste possessions, and create counters. I think everything is fine, but with Aguero out, there will be a lot of pressure and expectation on Costa to use this opportunity as a starting striker to make the most out of it. Don't expect to throw everything at Forlan, and expect a miracle. He'll need someone to help him when he's covered tightly, and that person will be Costa with the midfielders trying their best to create opportunities with him, in the conservative 4-4-2. I'm hoping Costa will pull through and get a goal in this match.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 20:04
Premier Player

Teams: Atlético de Madrid & Arsenal FC
Why does Raul Garcia continue to find his way into the starting lineup? What the hell does he bring to the squad? I don't get it.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 20:04
brs
Star Player

Leverkusen with a 4-3-3 and Helmes is on bench. Hoping another good performance from Filipe Luis.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 20:11
brs
Star Player

That should have been a yellow card for Balitsch for the foul against Reyes.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 20:44
brs
Star Player

Leverkusen scores :rollani:

We are playing real bad.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 20:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Forláns first half is probably the worst I've seen in terms of performance from him in the last year or so, absolutely horrible; no movement, zero good passes and slower than Mista was at times. Agüero's individual ability is badly missed against a team who bunkers and then counter attacks, ridicolously poor first half. Raúl García's passing is giving me a headache so far, I thought I'd be used to it..but no.

Filipe is at least trying and the same applies to Diego Costa who's the only player that managed to beat his man so far, probably beat Schwaab twice or thrice but as always, never gets the ball into the box.

Tiago needs to be brought on and the same applies to Fran Mérida, they're our only somewhat offensive players on the bench.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:06
brs
Star Player

And don't forget Assuncao. He is trying to dribble and create something which Raul Garcia is supposed to be. Ufo has been quite good but Reyes and Simao are invisible. Raul Garcia should be substituted as he is not creating anything but also giving away possession cheaply.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:08
brs
Star Player

Quique has reacted well to the first half display.

Off goes to Forlan for Merida & Raul Garcia for Tiago.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:10
brs
Star Player

penalty for us..very soft call
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:12
TBA
BANNED!
Premier Player

Teams: Bayern München
Goal 1-1.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:27
brs
Star Player

my oh my...what a mess by Reyes
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:54
brs
Star Player

FT 1-1.

Much better display in the second half where Reyes should have scored when he was unmarked and goal at his mercy. Costa had a chance to whip in a good cross on a counter with Reyes near the goal mouth but his cross was way too awful.

MoM: Ufo. Very good display from the veteran player. He made some good runs and his crosses were good.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 21:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good subs by Quique, the one's who aren't playing well should be brought off the pitch Also, Raúl García can't play the next time Atlético plays a team that's bunkering, his passing is horrible.

Second half was good for the most part, Reyes should've scored, huge chance. Ufo excellent in the second part of the game, kept harrassing them on the right. Fran got us the penalty even though it was very soft and wouldn't have been anything away from home. Filipe's offensive game will be a huge asset, such a shame he isn't ready to play 90 minutes yet, but that's allright.

Diego Costa still has to improve his end product, otherwise active and running well. I just wish he wouldn't be so sloppy in the end.

Also, a big mention to Paulo who kept winning every single challenge in the second half. I don't know how many times he robbed them off the ball and gave our attacking players a chance to go forward. It was ridicolous in the end, only his passing forward wasn't good tonight, otherwise another monster performance defensively.

De Gea made a huge save on Helmes.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 22:00
brs
Star Player

A loss here would have been nothing short of disaster. Now with this result we could hope to get back on track.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 23:05
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
The stupid challenge by Bayern Lev defender, made this match a draw. Lev could have had this game, but they threw it away. Atletico will take this game as a gift, and hold on it to it, and definitely will come up big to win consecutive matches, in order to advance. Any other sloppy losses (i.e. Aris) can be jeopardize this team.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2010, 23:44
Rising Star

i saw everything tonight but wish to win this game....reyes is not at his level,simao and forlan terrible,this team miss kun so bad....i cant believe that we sucks so badly without kun....wow
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2010, 00:00
International

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Villareal
horrible shit in 1st half but 2nd was better....if ****ing reyes make that easy chance he had everything will be perfect but the idiot didntt even hit the goal, ufalusi was ****ing amazing and filipe was ok but the worst was forlan wow he played like shit. are we out now??

Previously known as Maximiliano.

Aupa Atleti !!!!

Yo me voy al Manzanares
al estadio Vicente Calderon
donde acuden a millares
los que gustan del futbol de emocion
Porque luchan como hermanos
defendiendo su colores
en un juego noble y sano
derrochando coraje y corazon
Atleti, Atleti, Atletico de Madrid...

Real =
Barca =
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2010, 13:41
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximiliano View Post
horrible shit in 1st half but 2nd was better....if ****ing reyes make that easy chance he had everything will be perfect but the idiot didntt even hit the goal, ufalusi was ****ing amazing and filipe was ok but the worst was forlan wow he played like shit. are we out now??
no man,if we win in trondhaim we will be 2nd for sure......and also we have 2 more easy games at home...common...we will pass this group......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in