Originally Posted by Simboli i Diellit
I'm not trolling on the name issue and i would like that you wouldn't be neither with opening this thread where you might get very agressive answers by my albanian fellows here.
To answer your question: Yugosllavs had a precise politics regarding to the albanian populated territories in Yugoslavia, one of their main aimed objective was to break the link between the Albanian state and other albanian populated territories by deportating to Turkey the albanian muslims and bringing their colons in the confine area near to Albania this way they would say that the territories where albanians lived are being occupied by them and they have no natural connection with Albania
The albanian catholics and orthodoxs were easily assimilated like in northern Greece, they still speak albanian though....
I don't like converting this one into politics but what Balkans are suffering from is a conseguence of that and the wars that succeded : http://www.historycommons.org/contex...nation_tmln_40
I've had the pleasure of meeting very nice people from Macedonia living in Tirana, and the husband of girl who i was in class with is Macedonian. He is living in Tirana, there is a pretty good comunity of macedonians who come for work in Tirane mainly in big companies and have settled there. Now i have nothing against Macedonians as people neither do the Albanians living there cause the main problem is the politics and partially prejudice .
The Ohrid agreement has yet to be fullfilled after almost 14 years, when it mostly has points that guarantee to the Albanians equal rights and nothing more in a country where they are state-forming ethnicity not minority . While the gollobordas and few (almost 600 people living around pogradec , according to the Bulgarian institute of minorities in Albania) have equal rights with schools in Macedonian or Bulgarian depending on their village leader politics. I won't enter in your Bulgarian-Macedonian disputes cause both of your countries are clamining those minorities that make less that 6k in a 3.5 million population of Albania. Most of those people have migrated to big cities inside Albania cause Gollo bordo and Mala Prespa have nothing to offer cause are only isolated very rural villages .
I know i can't change your mind and i am not the best person to speak about Illirida but our members coming from there like Shemyy, Zemi, Shpati, KF.Korab, ect can speak from their own experience. There won't be any split of Macedonia in the near future and the Albanian state have confirmed it in many occasions not puting any veto in Nato nor having confluctual policies with your country. Greece blocked the Salonicus port and our Gov. made possible that you could use Durres , Greece vetoes you while Albania few years ago recognized Macedonia as Macedonia not FYROM but had to take a step backward cause US and EU told us to not interveene in your dispute. About the Albanian players playing for Macedonia i've nothing against it. I don't think Aliji will be capped for us and Durmishi could be interested in Macedonia if you start having some results.
Brother, i could write a book on Albanian-Macedonian relations in Macedonia but i'll try to keep it short:
1. Macedonia had very little impact in Yugoslavia. We were the poorest republic and probably had the least political power.
2. Both our politicians and Albanian politicians in Macedonia are crap. They are both corrupt and don't represent a whole lot of the population they are serving. Until both sides recognise this and change the current VMRO and DUI leadership nothing will improve in the country. Until this happens there is no point in me and you or any of our countrymen getting aggressive towards one another.
The best thing is to start all over again. Have a proper census this time - the Ohrid Agreement is one of the main obstacles to having a census in the first place. I'm not saying we should completely get rid of it but a serious revision is needed.
3. There have been many reports stating that Macedonians in Albania do not have equal rights. Also, many Macedonians living in Albania dispute the reliability of the Albanian census and say the amount of Macedonians/Slavic Speakers (be they christian or muslim) living in Albania is much higher.
4. Albania has very good relations with Macedonia and has conducted itself very well imo
5. Going back to the naming issue, most Macedonians haven't heard of the name Ilirida - it doesn't mean anything to them. As far as we are concerned we are Macedonians and our land is called Macedonia. We are also one of if not the most stubborn people in Europe so don't have much hope that the naming issue will be resolved any time soon.
Getting back to the football it really seems that these Albanian-Macedonia players mainly play for us to achieve more in their club career by making a name for themselves (potentially) at International level and that Albania doesn't think they are good enough. Pretty much what i though but just wanted to get an Albanian perspective on it.
I didn't open this thread to troll or to discuss politics. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about Albanian players playing for Macedonia or other countries in general. It is sometimes impossible to split politics and football, especially in the Balkans but i'm just telling you now that i don't plan to have in-depth political discussions with any of the members here. It's not a political forum but a football forum after all.