Ilirida Football Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 11:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Ilirida Football Thread

How come Kosovo gets a thread in the Albanian section but Ilirida doesn't?

Discuss the likes of Agim Ibraimi, Arijan Ademi and Ferhan Hasani who have gone to represent Macedonia or Valmir Nafiu (who is still deciding) or even Blerim Xhemaili, Pajtim Kasami and Admir Mehmedi who apparently feel more Swiss than Albanian!

Also, who can forget clubs like KF Shkupi, KF Renova and the no.1 team in Ilirida - KF Shkėndija, with their famous supporter the Ballistėt, who have come up with such in/famous banners over the years such as:

In all seriousness, i've been thinking over the last few days and i just can't get my head around it - why would guys like Ademi, Abdulrahimi and Demiri not choose to play for Albania rather than Macedonia.

It's a bit more understandable for guys who have been born and raised in Macedonia to play for Macedonia but these three guys have been born and raised in Croatia and Switzerland so i'm really dumbfounded by their decisions.

What is your guys opinion on this matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 12:00
World Class Player

Teams: Ac Milan , Albania, Italia,Croatia
Ilirida Football Thread

Except to the Swiss born Albanians the others aren't enough good to play in our NT. Maybe Ibrahimi but i doubt he would get space , then they do have a mission : "To own and fill the Macedonian NT" , soon it will be mostly Albanian p Don't get why aren't you producing anymore players of Pandev level ? It looks like your football is in deep crisis ... if those Albanians wouldn't play for you then you'd be a Malta/Luxembourg level....
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 12:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboli i Diellit View Post
Except to the Swiss born Albanians the others aren't enough good to play in our NT. Maybe Ibrahimi but i doubt he would get space , then they do have a mission : "To own and fill the Macedonian NT" , soon it will be mostly Albanian p Don't get why aren't you producing anymore players of Pandev level ? It looks like your football is in deep crisis ... if those Albanians wouldn't play for you then you'd be a Malta/Luxembourg level....
Atm Ibraimi is our best player along with Trajkovski and he'll surely move to a big league after this season - i mean he had good performances with Cagliari and is doing quite good with Maribor in the UCL.

I don't know who your CDM are but Ademi is our best player in that position in years. I don't know if you've watched this guy play btw but he is much better than Dinamo Zagreb level

Abdulrahimi, Hasani and Demiri are the other regulars in our NT. Tbh they are all quite average players who don't contribute a whole lot to our NT.

Our NT currently is quite bad but we have young guys (18-20 years old) who are coming through with a lot of potential - some of them already at the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Also, is Seferi an Albanian surname? We recently capped a guy who is called Taulant Sulejmanov Seferi - people say he is Albanian but then there is a whole confusion of why they register his last name as Sulejmanov and not Seferi

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 12:42
Championship Player
Star Player

Teams: Leeds United, Albania NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Atm Ibraimi is our best player along with Trajkovski and he'll surely move to a big league after this season - i mean he had good performances with Cagliari and is doing quite good with Maribor in the UCL.

I don't know who your CDM are but Ademi is our best player in that position in years. I don't know if you've watched this guy play btw but he is much better than Dinamo Zagreb level

Abdulrahimi, Hasani and Demiri are the other regulars in our NT. Tbh they are all quite average players who don't contribute a whole lot to our NT.

Our NT currently is quite bad but we have young guys (18-20 years old) who are coming through with a lot of potential - some of them already at the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Also, is Seferi an Albanian surname? We recently capped a guy who is called Taulant Sulejmanov Seferi - people say he is Albanian but then there is a whole confusion of why they register his last name as Sulejmanov and not Seferi
Seferi is very albanian, but if any doubts Taulant is as albanian as you gonna get.

PS. What ethnicity are you? Would have thought only albanians would open an Ilirida thread. I don't know why fyrom doesn't just asks nicely to implement Ilirida as a name and avoid all this name molarky

Njerėzit ndryshojnė nga njėri-tjetri nga koka, jo nga kėmbėt

Sami Frasheri
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 12:53
World Class Player

Ademi is good no doubt about it but we have Xhaka , Abrashi, Kaēe, Kukeli and Bulku as DMs - he wouldn't stand a chance against them . Our coach doesn't have space for players like Gashi(best goalscorer in Switzerland last year and second this year , scoring also in UCL) , Alban Meha as AM (was ripping second bundesliga and just came from injury scoring in german Bundesliga....

In our U levels there are also players playing for big teams from atletico , shalke, manchester, dinamo zg, but that doesn't mean nothing . We have waited last decade for big players to come out of big teams and except to Januzaj all the others have failed.

Taulant-Seferi are 100% albanian names, sulejmanov might be his mothers maiden name if she is a Gorani. But i've noticed along other albanians too that they add the ov suffix to their surname, mostly the albanian orthodoxs in Ohrid, Prilep and Monastir. Also albanians from Montenegro, Sanxhak, Luginė have the ić suffix. Probably a jugosllav politic.
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 12:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berti View Post
Seferi is very albanian, but if any doubts Taulant is as albanian as you gonna get.

PS. What ethnicity are you? Would have thought only albanians would open an Ilirida thread. I don't know why fyrom doesn't just asks nicely to implement Ilirida as a name and avoid all this name molarky
I thought so. My Facebook page has everything written in Albanian as well. I thought maybe the FFM registered him under the wrong name (i wouldn't be surprised) but then the Swiss media also refers to him as Sulejmanov (he is moving to Young Boys in January). It's quite a strange one. He is quite a talent though - too bad he is already a capped Macedonian International

I'm 100% Macedonian. This topic affects both our nations/national teams so why not open a thread up? I don't know whether or not you are trolling me about the naming issue
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 13:15
Rising Star

Teams: Albanian NT & Dutch NT Shqipėri & Nederland
A macedonian using the name ilirida? I like it lol

But yeah there hasnt been enough talent out there for us to scout. Hopefully in the future.

You guys are having some bad results lately, i remember 8-10 years ago u were pretty good. Fact is though as more time passes u will have to rely more and more on Albanian players.
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 13:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkodra View Post
A macedonian using the name ilirida? I like it lol

But yeah there hasnt been enough talent out there for us to scout. Hopefully in the future.

You guys are having some bad results lately, i remember 8-10 years ago u were pretty good. Fact is though as more time passes u will have to rely more and more on Albanian players.
I only came across that name a couple of months ago. We don't really have a specific name for that region, we mostly refer to it as just Western Macedonia

You can't really say that as if it's a fact Right now there is probably like 2 Albanian players that are in our U21 squad that will make it to the NT - Taulant (as mentioned previously) and Nafiu (if he indeed decides to pick us over Albania). All the others are ethnic Macedonians.

Also, from the Macedonian-Albanian guys born overseas only Durmisi and Aliji are worth looking at - the former wants to play for Denmark and the latter wants to play for Albania so it doesn't look like we will be getting any cases like Ademi in the near future
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 13:40
World Class Player

I'm not trolling on the name issue and i would like that you wouldn't be neither with opening this thread where you might get very agressive answers by my albanian fellows here.

To answer your question: Yugosllavs had a precise politics regarding to the albanian populated territories in Yugoslavia, one of their main aimed objective was to break the link between the Albanian state and other albanian populated territories by deportating to Turkey the albanian muslims and bringing their colons in the confine area near to Albania this way they would say that the territories where albanians lived are being occupied by them and they have no natural connection with Albania
The albanian catholics and orthodoxs were easily assimilated like in northern Greece, they still speak albanian though....

I don't like converting this one into politics but what Balkans are suffering from is a conseguence of that and the wars that succeded : http://www.historycommons.org/contex...nation_tmln_40

I've had the pleasure of meeting very nice people from Macedonia living in Tirana, and the husband of girl who i was in class with is Macedonian. He is living in Tirana, there is a pretty good comunity of macedonians who come for work in Tirane mainly in big companies and have settled there. Now i have nothing against Macedonians as people neither do the Albanians living there cause the main problem is the politics and partially prejudice .

The Ohrid agreement has yet to be fullfilled after almost 14 years, when it mostly has points that guarantee to the Albanians equal rights and nothing more in a country where they are state-forming ethnicity not minority . While the gollobordas and few (almost 600 people living around pogradec , according to the Bulgarian institute of minorities in Albania) have equal rights with schools in Macedonian or Bulgarian depending on their village leader politics. I won't enter in your Bulgarian-Macedonian disputes cause both of your countries are clamining those minorities that make less that 6k in a 3.5 million population of Albania. Most of those people have migrated to big cities inside Albania cause Gollo bordo and Mala Prespa have nothing to offer cause are only isolated very rural villages .

I know i can't change your mind and i am not the best person to speak about Illirida but our members coming from there like Shemyy, Zemi, Shpati, KF.Korab, ect can speak from their own experience. There won't be any split of Macedonia in the near future and the Albanian state have confirmed it in many occasions not puting any veto in Nato nor having confluctual policies with your country. Greece blocked the Salonicus port and our Gov. made possible that you could use Durres , Greece vetoes you while Albania few years ago recognized Macedonia as Macedonia not FYROM but had to take a step backward cause US and EU told us to not interveene in your dispute. About the Albanian players playing for Macedonia i've nothing against it. I don't think Aliji will be capped for us and Durmishi could be interested in Macedonia if you start having some results.
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 13:57
Premier Player

http://sportekspres.com/shqiperia-nu...ikimin-kuqezi/

Arijan Ademi:
-A keni pasur ftesė nga Shqipėria apo Kosova?

-Jo, asnjėherė nuk jam kontaktuar nga ata.

Translate:
Did Albania or Kosove call u ever up?
- No, i was never in Contact with them.

Looks like De Biasi didn't want him.

As for Ibraimi, has to fight for an European Spot against our U21 Player Valon Ahmedi who'is rockin the Slovenian League. I think he's more interesting then Ibraimi because of his young age.

But Abdurrahimi is nice, don't know how he's not a starter in Belgium. Very talenteted.
post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:03
World Class Player

Yes we wrote to De Biasi and Redi Jupi but we knew from their answers that they had no interest in Ademi. I would like capping Donis Avdijaj now than having Ibrahimi in our NT. Don't know how much patience Avdijaj will have to wait for our callup. Next match against Armenia he should be called, as promissed by De Biasi he will travel these two weeks to Germany to speak with Di Matteo about Avdijaj potential . We know Di Matteo doesn't put yungsters and could say he is not a NT material but there should be preassure from fans cause Avdijaj is much better than Shala (rocking in Norwegian league). If he calls Shala, Vila and other superliga players just to fill their spots then so should do with Donis.
post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:04
Championship Player
Star Player

Teams: Leeds United, Albania NT
I agree with Simboli completely regarding all, however our new government is a bit more progressive towards FYROM. Most politicians are getting somewhat agressive now towards their politicians as the nationalistic and religious rhetoric still overclouds any real vision. To me Fyrom is an absurd nation. A replica of Yugoslavia perhaps without the power and wealth. Can it survive? Not like this I think. Eventually demographics and poverty will take over and we all know what happens next. Fyrom has so far been very lucky that neither the interested parties really have cared about their people there. Specially Albania. Being from albania mainland, we all never really though or cared about that country.
As for our sportsmen there there's no doubt about their choice: You'll only get those albanians which albania or their adopted nations will not consider

Njerėzit ndryshojnė nga njėri-tjetri nga koka, jo nga kėmbėt

Sami Frasheri
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboli i Diellit View Post
I'm not trolling on the name issue and i would like that you wouldn't be neither with opening this thread where you might get very agressive answers by my albanian fellows here.

To answer your question: Yugosllavs had a precise politics regarding to the albanian populated territories in Yugoslavia, one of their main aimed objective was to break the link between the Albanian state and other albanian populated territories by deportating to Turkey the albanian muslims and bringing their colons in the confine area near to Albania this way they would say that the territories where albanians lived are being occupied by them and they have no natural connection with Albania
The albanian catholics and orthodoxs were easily assimilated like in northern Greece, they still speak albanian though....

I don't like converting this one into politics but what Balkans are suffering from is a conseguence of that and the wars that succeded : http://www.historycommons.org/contex...nation_tmln_40

I've had the pleasure of meeting very nice people from Macedonia living in Tirana, and the husband of girl who i was in class with is Macedonian. He is living in Tirana, there is a pretty good comunity of macedonians who come for work in Tirane mainly in big companies and have settled there. Now i have nothing against Macedonians as people neither do the Albanians living there cause the main problem is the politics and partially prejudice .

The Ohrid agreement has yet to be fullfilled after almost 14 years, when it mostly has points that guarantee to the Albanians equal rights and nothing more in a country where they are state-forming ethnicity not minority . While the gollobordas and few (almost 600 people living around pogradec , according to the Bulgarian institute of minorities in Albania) have equal rights with schools in Macedonian or Bulgarian depending on their village leader politics. I won't enter in your Bulgarian-Macedonian disputes cause both of your countries are clamining those minorities that make less that 6k in a 3.5 million population of Albania. Most of those people have migrated to big cities inside Albania cause Gollo bordo and Mala Prespa have nothing to offer cause are only isolated very rural villages .

I know i can't change your mind and i am not the best person to speak about Illirida but our members coming from there like Shemyy, Zemi, Shpati, KF.Korab, ect can speak from their own experience. There won't be any split of Macedonia in the near future and the Albanian state have confirmed it in many occasions not puting any veto in Nato nor having confluctual policies with your country. Greece blocked the Salonicus port and our Gov. made possible that you could use Durres , Greece vetoes you while Albania few years ago recognized Macedonia as Macedonia not FYROM but had to take a step backward cause US and EU told us to not interveene in your dispute. About the Albanian players playing for Macedonia i've nothing against it. I don't think Aliji will be capped for us and Durmishi could be interested in Macedonia if you start having some results.
Brother, i could write a book on Albanian-Macedonian relations in Macedonia but i'll try to keep it short:

1. Macedonia had very little impact in Yugoslavia. We were the poorest republic and probably had the least political power.

2. Both our politicians and Albanian politicians in Macedonia are crap. They are both corrupt and don't represent a whole lot of the population they are serving. Until both sides recognise this and change the current VMRO and DUI leadership nothing will improve in the country. Until this happens there is no point in me and you or any of our countrymen getting aggressive towards one another.

The best thing is to start all over again. Have a proper census this time - the Ohrid Agreement is one of the main obstacles to having a census in the first place. I'm not saying we should completely get rid of it but a serious revision is needed.

3. There have been many reports stating that Macedonians in Albania do not have equal rights. Also, many Macedonians living in Albania dispute the reliability of the Albanian census and say the amount of Macedonians/Slavic Speakers (be they christian or muslim) living in Albania is much higher.

4. Albania has very good relations with Macedonia and has conducted itself very well imo

5. Going back to the naming issue, most Macedonians haven't heard of the name Ilirida - it doesn't mean anything to them. As far as we are concerned we are Macedonians and our land is called Macedonia. We are also one of if not the most stubborn people in Europe so don't have much hope that the naming issue will be resolved any time soon.

Getting back to the football it really seems that these Albanian-Macedonia players mainly play for us to achieve more in their club career by making a name for themselves (potentially) at International level and that Albania doesn't think they are good enough. Pretty much what i though but just wanted to get an Albanian perspective on it.

I didn't open this thread to troll or to discuss politics. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about Albanian players playing for Macedonia or other countries in general. It is sometimes impossible to split politics and football, especially in the Balkans but i'm just telling you now that i don't plan to have in-depth political discussions with any of the members here. It's not a political forum but a football forum after all.
post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballisti View Post
http://sportekspres.com/shqiperia-nu...ikimin-kuqezi/

Arijan Ademi:
-A keni pasur ftesė nga Shqipėria apo Kosova?

-Jo, asnjėherė nuk jam kontaktuar nga ata.

Translate:
Did Albania or Kosove call u ever up?
- No, i was never in Contact with them.

Looks like De Biasi didn't want him.

But Abdurrahimi is nice, don't know how he's not a starter in Belgium. Very talenteted.
Fair enough, only time will tell if Di Biasi made the right choice i guess.

Abdulrahimi had that good game against Luxembourg but he isn't that great imo. Too selfish on the ball for my liking.
post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:16
Rising Star

Anyone have any statistics on the ethnic composition of Golloborda, is the population overwhelmingly Slavic?

Growing up in Tirana I knew quite a few people from this region but none of them identified themselves as exclusively Albanian.
post #16 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:17
World Class Player

I agree on all of your points
I won't say Albanian state is perfect cause it's the same for Albanians and for other minorities living here. They face our same problems, we are one of the poorest countries in Europe ...

About football related topics there was an idea of a joint league between Albania-Kosova-Macedonia- Montenegro but so far remained just an idea. That would have been one of the best leagues in the balkans and brought money and developed the players pool so as conseguence we would have better players for National Teams.
post #17 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:20
Premier Player

Quote:
I thought so. My Facebook page has everything written in Albanian as well. I thought maybe the FFM registered him under the wrong name (i wouldn't be surprised) but then the Swiss media also refers to him as Sulejmanov (he is moving to Young Boys in January). It's quite a strange one. He is quite a talent though - too bad he is already a capped Macedonian International

I'm 100% Macedonian. This topic affects both our nations/national teams so why not open a thread up? I don't know whether or not you are trolling me about the naming issue
I think his real last name is "Sulejmani" but his family probably got his name "slavicized" by the Yugo authorities like what happened to many Albanians in Macedonia at the time(this happened to my family as well). You'll end up having last names like Ibrahimovska that sound weird.

I don't blame you for starting this thread though. Macedonian section is dead and it's just you chatting with yourself.

PS, try to keep politics out of this thread and don't gang rape White Rabbit please.
post #18 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:22
Premier Player

Quote:
Fair enough, only time will tell if Di Biasi made the right choice i guess.

Abdulrahimi had that good game against Luxembourg but he isn't that great imo. Too selfish on the ball for my liking.
I think Ademi is a very good player, but we have to many Options on this Position with Migjen Basha, Ergys Kace, Taulant Xhaka, Burim Kukeli and Amir Abrashi. They are also very young.
post #19 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:24
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
White Rabbit, the Albanian FA doesn't scout, approach or follow ethnic Albanians from Macedonia. It's not because they are "not good enough"(that's BS) but it's because there must be some sort of Gentlemen's agreement between the FAs. Our FA president is very political and I'm sure he doesn't raid Macedonia just so that he doesn't have bad tensions with the neighboring Macedonian FA which is poor like us. That's his way of thinking. I'm 100% sure.
post #20 of 122 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 14:28
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Anyone have any statistics on the ethnic composition of Golloborda, is the population overwhelmingly Slavic?

Growing up in Tirana I knew quite a few people from this region but none of them identified themselves as exclusively Albanian.
Most villages are but the problem is that the population is so mixed that the Aromanians, Macedonians, Bulgarians and Serbs recall them as their population. So if there are 13 k of Gollobordas (including the Albanian villages) the Serbs recall 12k of Serbs , Macedonians say there are 12k of Macedonians and the Bulgarians the same, so from 13 k of Gollobordas we have 48k of minorities :nervous: A cousin of mine has married a Gollobordase and i've been there, but most of it's village are Albanians and they just claim to be Bulgarian cause they get extra-money from Bulgarian government . Never been to Mala Prespa(Pustec) though... The Bulgarian hisorians claim that there are 300k Bulgarians living in Albania and that the others 1.5 million have been assimilated so everyone in Albania has one parent of Bulgarian descendence ,,,, ah balkans

http://www.gazetatema.net/web/2011/1...-e-shqiperise/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in