The Road to UEFA EURO 2016: France - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 16:55 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Ac Milan , Albania, Italia,Croatia
Arrow The Road to UEFA EURO 2016: France

Albania is enjoying a very successful 2013, and have now set their sights high for the next world cup qualifying matches. Our national team actually occupies a creditable second place in World Cup qualifying Group E behind Switzerland , and we continue to entertain realistic hopes of an appearance at a major tournament this time

• Summer 2013: Official logo launch
• 9 March 2014: Qualifying round draw
• September 2014: Official mascot launch

The qualifying matches will start in September 2014. With the expansion to 24 teams, middle-ranked countries have a much greater chance of qualifying for the finals than earlier.

53 teams will chase 23 finals places to join hosts France. The seeding pots would be formed on the basis of the UEFA national team coefficients, finalised after the completion of 2014 World Cup qualification.

UEFA has not confirmed the format for the qualification, but Gianni Infantino stated in March 2012 that UEFA would review the qualification competition to ensure that it was not "boring". Michel Platini proposed a qualification format involving two group stages, but the proposal wasn't accepted by the member associations. In May 2013, Platini confirmed a similar qualifying format (even with qualifying tournaments in US , Argentina or Brasil ) but it will be again discussed during the September 2013 in the UEFA executive committee meeting, set to take place in Dubrovnik.

There aren't yet official ranks from Uefa but from these two sources :

http://www.football-rankings.info/20...eeding-14.html
http://www.world-results.net/uefa/ranking_2013.html

We have real chances to get POT 4 .

With De Biasi almost sure as a CT and probably with other 4-5 newcomers we will have good chances to qualify Euro's for the very first time.
Attached Images

Last edited by Simboli i Diellit; February 23rd, 2014 at 19:49.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 18:02
International

Teams: Albania
They will wait to finalize the format once they see what better suits Western European teams like England.

They are doing the same thing with the World Cup 2014 UEFA Playoff Leg.

Nonetheless, Albania has a great chance to qualify for WC 2014. 2016 should almost be a sure thing, assuming Albania does not get 3 powerhouses in one group.

Any chance Albania can get Pot 3?

Kace will develop. Albania might get lucky with capping youngsters like Adnan Januzaj. And surely there will be new faces to boost the team further, like we had Basha and Rama this qualifier.

I think it is looking really good. I have never been so excited for this team.

And who knows? Maybe Skela, Lala, and Duro will make a comeback.

Last edited by Shpati; July 24th, 2013 at 18:09.
post #3 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 19:40
Lab nga Tirona
Star Player

Teams: Albania & Partizani
This thread reminds me of that saying "Peshku ne det, tigani ne zjarr". I may be wrong though, kam 18 vjet qe kam ik nga Shqipria

post #4 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 19:44
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Teams: FK Crvena zvezda, FC Steaua Bucureşti
I've never understood these pots since they don't seem to be based on FIFA Rankings but on something completely different.

14/10/2014
Serbia 3 – 0 Albania

Click at your own risk
post #5 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 20:02
Premier Player

Read today in FB:
Ju ben pershtypje qe futbolli Shqiptar po vjen gjithmone e ne rritje ?!

Kombetarja Shqiptare ndodhet me afer se kurre boterorit Brazil 2014
Skenderbeu kualifikohet per ne raundin e 3-te
Kukesi eshte prane kualifikimit per ne raundin e 2-te

Shpresojm qe te ecim me kete ritem dhe te investohet shume here me shume ne kete vend qe shumica jetojn me futbollin .

Its true, Albanian Football impressed this Year. Even if Skenderbeu cant make it to the 4th Round, this was a very good start for them.
post #6 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 20:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
UEFA uses their own coefficient for their tournaments which include not only results but even goals scored, goals concede etc...

Albania will most likely be in Pot 4 but as somebody said UEFA hasn't even revealed their qualifying format, I heard they will totally revamp it as expanding the tournament to 24 teams will make the current format "boring"
post #7 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2013, 20:13 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati21 View Post
Any chance Albania can get Pot 3?
Yes 1% getting pot 3 , only if we manage to win all remaining matches and qualify as first of the group .

68% getting 4rth pot

30% remaining on pot 5

1% becoming a pot 6 team p
post #8 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2013, 03:21
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal, Albania NT
If anyone cares to make predictions I can put it into the spreadsheet and let you know the outcome. The teams around us that i would need would be:
Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Poland, Finland, Bulgaria, Armenia, Estonia (I am assuming we will out perform everyone else after Estonia that is under us).
post #9 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2013, 15:23 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAFC View Post
If anyone cares to make predictions I can put it into the spreadsheet and let you know the outcome. The teams around us that i would need would be:
Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Poland, Finland, Bulgaria, Armenia, Estonia (I am assuming we will out perform everyone else after Estonia that is under us).
Why not? :smileani: when you have some free time simulate on it and then post it here. So we can see on how many groups we would have real chances . it's a hard work to simulate it all ,,,
post #10 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2013, 05:31
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAFC View Post
all praise eddieafc and his spreadsheets

Punen e sotme mos e le per neser

Besart Berisha
post #11 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 05:31
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemi View Post
all praise eddieafc and his spreadsheets
haha thanks. I will try and make some predictions involving those teams around us to get a sense of where we may finish in a pot. I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.
post #12 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 00:23
Rising Star

Ok so I finished making some predictions and entered them into my spreadsheet. A few notes before i show you them.

I am assuming there will be 9 groups and 6 pots. So every pot will contain 9 teams. Idk if the euro 2016 qualification system is confirmed but this seems to be the general consensus of what will happen.

Currently, we are 33 out of 54 (including Gibraltr). However, France is automatically qualified and wont be in the drawing, which is good for us because they are guaranteed to be in a better pot than us. So we are technically 32 out of 53. From here on out when I refer to Albania's rank it will be without including France.

The predictions I made are simply based on my own personal opinion and knowledge of the teams and past results. Some of you may disagree with one or two but I think for the most part they are fair. I didnt use any math or complicated prediction scheme to predict the results. Goals scored and and goals against do matter in the rankings. It is obviously really difficult to predict the scores so i assumed a win or loss would 1-0 or 0-1. For wins against the shittier teams like san marino I gave 3-0 wins. I wouldn't get too caught up with the scorelines cause they only make up a really small point percentage in the rankings.

It is essentially impossible for us to finish ahead of Norway in the rankings. So I didnt bother making predictions for Norway and teams above it currently in the rankings.

Lastly, the second place playoff also factors in the rankings. I didnt include these though because we wont know the opponent. Just know if any team is in playoff they increase their points by around +650 if they do really well or around -1300 if they do really bad.

Here are the rankings once I include the predictions i made:

22 Turkey 25494
23 Romania 25321
24 Serbia 25064
25 Austria 24651
26 Montenegro 24351
27 Slovenia 24134
28 Albania 22870
29 Poland 22464
30 Bulgaria 21271
31 Finland 21051
32 Armenia 20801
33 Wales 20590
34 Scotland 20213

IMO looks like one place away from pot 3
post #13 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 00:41 Thread Starter
World Class Player

The ranking looks cool , hope we can make it. Can't wait to see your spreadsheet
post #14 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 00:49
Rising Star

here are the predictions i made btw

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6ace5bf.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboli i Diellit View Post
The ranking looks cool , hope we can make it. Can't wait to see your spreadsheet
I have tried uploading it google before but it wasnt worth it. It made it pretty much unreadable.
post #15 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 05:58
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
@eddie
post #16 of 2516 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 07:15
International

eddie, sa i meqem vallaj

Punen e sotme mos e le per neser

Besart Berisha
post #17 of 2516 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2013, 23:33
International

Teams: Albania
Our pot is official screwed up for this tournament. 3 consecutive awful tournaments.
post #18 of 2516 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2013, 01:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati21 View Post
Our pot is official screwed up for this tournament. 3 consecutive awful tournaments.
Better that way since we find ways to screw up in games we should get points out of.
post #19 of 2516 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2013, 05:30
Azerbaijani Eagle
Legend

Teams: Neftchi Baku
Albania improved but...depends which groups you'll get. BTW, does anybody know how many teams will be in each group?

The bullet changes things in the brain, even if hit in the ass. © Al Capone
post #20 of 2516 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2013, 09:14
Legend

Teams: Albania NT, Parma
Close this shit!!

I don't have a sig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in