Adnan Januzaj - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 873 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2013, 21:25 Thread Starter
Rookie

Adnan Januzaj

"Adnan is a beautifully balanced player," Sir Alex told Inside United. "He's only 18 and still to grow into his frame. But he has good balance, good acceleration and he's a very good technical player.

"He and Nick, of the younger players, are at the top. They're very good.

Meanwhile, Reserves coach Warren Joyce has also spoken about the talented teenagers as he works closely with the pair.

"Adnan is still developing but there's no doubt he's got talent too. He's got a good footballing brain and a good touch. We're trying to get him stronger and fitter and he's getting to know the Manchester United style of play as well.

"He's grown up a certain way and I think he has had a tremendous education over in Belgium. He's come over here with good technique and is desperate to be a footballer as well so he's got a lot of things going for him."

What the chances of us getting Januzaj ? I have followed a man united forum about him he's rated best talent they have at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 873 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2013, 22:43
International

Teams: Algeria, Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervis View Post
"Adnan is a beautifully balanced player," Sir Alex told Inside United. "He's only 18 and still to grow into his frame. But he has good balance, good acceleration and he's a very good technical player.

"He and Nick, of the younger players, are at the top. They're very good.

Meanwhile, Reserves coach Warren Joyce has also spoken about the talented teenagers as he works closely with the pair.

"Adnan is still developing but there's no doubt he's got talent too. He's got a good footballing brain and a good touch. We're trying to get him stronger and fitter and he's getting to know the Manchester United style of play as well.

"He's grown up a certain way and I think he has had a tremendous education over in Belgium. He's come over here with good technique and is desperate to be a footballer as well so he's got a lot of things going for him."

What the chances of us getting Januzaj ? I have followed a man united forum about him he's rated best talent they have at the moment.
yep him and powell are man utd's best talents. he was playing with the u17 team, and they were thinking of giving him a few games with reserves (where some senior squad players play as well). He fitted right in, in a matter of a few games became a leader there.

I'd say we have a pretty good chance, as he rejected Belgium call ups. He has 0 caps with any Belgian team. Besnik Hasi has helped his transition since they both came from Anderlecht. They're close together from what I know.

I went on his facebook page, some guy was critizing him for playing with Belgium. He said "who said Im playing for Belgium? Albania's always in my heart"

But a few weeks later he was like "Whats your guys' problem asking me if im gonna play with Albania or Belgium? Ill decide when I get older"

I'd say right now, we have a 2/1 chance of him playing with us. It just depends on how well Albania does in the future, and if we fix that shitty stadium.

Unless he becomes narcissistic, like 90% of Utd's squad, I hope he'll play for us. But even if he decides to play for Belgium, I wouldn't call him a traitor, because unlike Shaqiri & co, he was actually born there.
post #3 of 873 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2013, 23:04
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Multiethnic Republic of Kosovo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownerofnoobs View Post
But a few weeks later he was like "Whats your guys' problem asking me if im gonna play with Albania or Belgium? Ill decide when I get older"
This is the exact same thing I was saying in the youth thread. Why are we in their faces so much? As if there's not enough pressure in their young lives, we have to overdoit.

Leave these kids alone and they can make their decision in good time.

post #4 of 873 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2013, 23:38
International

man utd u19s travelled to U.S.A. and they brought Januzaj with them.

full game link if you want to see bits of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kGdmlv-iGE

Last edited by Ownerofnoobs; March 27th, 2013 at 23:59.
post #5 of 873 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2013, 18:08 Thread Starter
Rookie

I have followed man united forums for some time now . This guy is special I go as far on saying best Albanian talent ever , if Januzaj don't make make man united first team none of the other youngters will. Yet to hear some to say that Januzaj is overrated or he had a bad game.
If he choose to play for us he be best young player we maybe ever had.

Last edited by Ervis; March 29th, 2013 at 18:10. Reason: Vv
post #6 of 873 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2013, 18:23
International

we're gonna have to wait another 2-3 years at least. he's not physically ready as well. that is, if he even picks us
post #7 of 873 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2013, 20:09
International

Teams: Albania
Well, in the mean time, if he says he is ready for Albania, Albania better cap him. Albania better not say he is too young and tell him to be patient.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
post #8 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 06:39
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
hes still a res/youth player

far from having made it, better chance this guy ends up in some small time club then seeing significant minutes for the likes of a Manchester United...not saying hes not talented but hes a full year or two from earning a call up
post #9 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 08:28
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United / Albania
^^^^^ Your a liverpool fan bro lol. Hes gonna make it, hes their highest paid youth player the kid is all talent, the physicality he will get as he matures.
post #10 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 12:50
Premier Player

I would call him up against Norwegia. Even Kabashi cant reach his level.
post #11 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 15:59
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylejmani View Post
^^^^^ Your a liverpool fan bro lol. Hes gonna make it, hes their highest paid youth player the kid is all talent, the physicality he will get as he matures.
Nothing gets past you does it

And being a Liverpool fan and despite having one of the best youth/reserve teams I've seen a number of talents who were destined for success fail to achieve anything

Just because a youth player is under contract for a top team don't mean he's gonna be a guarenteed success story
post #12 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 17:41
World Class Player

Teams: Ac Milan , Albania, Italia,Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemyy View Post

And being a Liverpool fan and despite having one of the best youth/reserve teams I've seen a number of talents who were destined for success fail to achieve anything

Just because a youth player is under contract for a top team don't mean he's gonna be a guarenteed success story
But for sure he gets best training facilities and comoditie to become at least a star for our NT level
post #13 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 17:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballisti View Post
I would call him up against Norwegia. Even Kabashi cant reach his level.
I don't think he would accept the call up. He said he's going to wait to make his decision.
post #14 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 21:36
Premier Player

Teams: FK Partizani & Albania.
He's not going to play for us. He's eligible to play for Belgium who have a very talented young team and wil very likely make the Word Cup and the next Euros. Meanwhile we're stuck fighting for 3rd/4th place in one of the shittiest home fields in Europe. Let's not fool ourselves.

Albanian trinity: Shpi-Vllazni-Fis.
post #15 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 21:50
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipani Zi View Post
He's not going to play for us. He's eligible to play for Belgium who have a very talented young team and wil very likely make the Word Cup and the next Euros. Meanwhile we're stuck fighting for 3rd/4th place in one of the shittiest home fields in Europe. Let's not fool ourselves.
great. why has he refused all belgium call ups so far? he has 0 caps with any youth teams.
post #16 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 22:03 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
hes still a res/youth player

far from having made it, better chance this guy ends up in some small time club then seeing significant minutes for the likes of a Manchester United...not saying hes not talented but hes a full year or two from earning a call up

Having supported/followed man united for 15 years and having been in old Trafford for 3 times I know this : Ferguson don't mention many if any young player by name the only ones I can think right now are piqué now Barcelona , giuseppe Rossi now at fiorentina , Pogba at Juventus and few others.
Am certain Januzaj will make the first team at united very soon Ferguson only mentioned players who made it at united. Apart from being light Januzaj have everything to make any team if not united some big European team for sure.
If Januzaj wanted to play international football for Belgium he should have done already now but lets not give up hope and see if he join us.

Last edited by Ervis; March 30th, 2013 at 22:05. Reason: .
post #17 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 22:18
International

when they thought hasi was about to become our coach, he wrote on his fb status about hasi wishing him luck with albania.

that's why I want hasi to coach us in the next edition
post #18 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 22:29 Thread Starter
Rookie

Opinions of guys who follow man united reserves in and out , i have seen those guys diss Rooney,Rvp etc but only good words about Januzaj.

http://www.redcafe.net/f40/adnan-jan...63/index9.html

"It's great testament to the development work we do with young players. We had young Nick Powell and Adnan Januzaj in the Reserves on Monday and you say to yourself: 'These are definite Manchester United first-team players.'

"We can see that. They have outstanding qualities. They can see that in trusting us to map out their careers and help them and develop them then they can get to Danny’s level."

Powell impressed in a central attacking role, where he was often employed in his Crewe Alexandra days, against the Gunners' Under-21s while Belgian teenager Januzaj has started to shine at that level after being promoted from the Academy side.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe....aspx?pageNo=2

Last edited by Ervis; March 30th, 2013 at 22:32. Reason: .
post #19 of 873 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2013, 23:29
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United / Albania
Quote:

No nothing gets passed me. Who was the last player that came out the liverpool academy gerrard? United paid alot for him, his talent is evident as he is playing with the reserves already. And if he doesnt make it in the united team, he will no doubt make it somewhere else.

I understand nothing is guranteed but i like being more positive rather than pessimistic. I remember people used to say shaqiri is not good enough, to small but now hes a bayern player.
post #20 of 873 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2013, 02:50
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylejmani View Post
No nothing gets passed me. Who was the last player that came out the liverpool academy gerrard? United paid alot for him, his talent is evident as he is playing with the reserves already. And if he doesnt make it in the united team, he will no doubt make it somewhere else.

I understand nothing is guranteed but i like being more positive rather than pessimistic. I remember people used to say shaqiri is not good enough, to small but now hes a bayern player.
Suso this season
Sterling last season
Kelly two and a half seasons ago

I'm not trashing the guy at all just saying expectations need to be kept at a reasonable place, at least a guy like Powell has played professional level football at crewe and the few cameo appearances he's made at united so far
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in