Replacing Skela - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 20:10 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Replacing Skela

Few years ago one of my favorite players, now honestly I cannot wait for the day he will be officialy out of our squad. I have lost all my respect for him.
We have seen him many times underperforming with NT and beeing at best at his club. He might still be the best albanian playmaker but donest look like he's deserving to play now, there are many other players that would take his place, perhaps they dont posses his technique but they are able to give their best and play with more passion. We need kind of players who are fighters in the pitch, those who are proud of playing for this team and are willing to give all they can.
I heard from one our NT player, that in several occasions 'some' players of NT (Skela included) have decided to party even when the games where lost. He mentioned some cases that when all were disappointed and remained in their rooms, Skela (and someone else) was drinking like nothing happend and showed absolutely no regrets whatsoever. We need players who want to win !

He ows and apology, or at least try to explain what the heck happend to him while he was taking the penalty... I presume he didnt think how important that was.

Before some possible Skela fans decides to reply, dont forget to add to all this the scene when he run like a teen towards Owen to exchange shirts after they beat us 3:1. That day he completely showed he didnt care what happend on the pitch, for him it was important to speak few words to Owen and take his shirt, whats even more shameful Owen ignored him and didnt even look at him... and didnt accept his request.

Skela has no pride at all, and I begin to hate him for that.

Last edited by Albion; October 18th, 2007 at 20:22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 21:08
Star Player

Teams: SHQIPERI!
To begin with. I allways liked Skela before, he was my favourite player before anyone else. This was at the end of the EC 04' and WC 06' qualifiers where he really impressed me. But lately before the last match where it seemed like he got re-born from no where i've wanted him out. His physical problems and those with his former clubs where the major reason, his age aswell. After such a good performance (except the penalty) you can't get rid of him.

I remember when i saw our NT for the first and only time live in my life. It was in Copenhagen against Denmark where we lost with 3-1. I managed to get into the stadium 2 hours before the game started and watched the players carefully whilst preparing for the game. Skela was just linking all the time, like it was a bundesliga game against Duisburg. Tare was extremely strict with everything, and his ball control was really good. Much better then Bogdani's back then i would say.

So when the game started you could see that Skela didn't give 5 cents for Albania. Everytime he received a pass he walked like a "star" and tried to do un-neccesary things to end up loosing it continuosly. There i saw that he really didn't have the spirit for Albania. It's totally different watching games live and on TV.

About the penalty. He has missed like 3-4 penalties in a row, he missed a penalty against Sweden aswell (although he scored against Belarus). So they should have thought about it carefully before letting him take it.

Quote:
I heard from one our NT player, that in several occasions 'some' players of NT (Skela included) have decided to party even when the games where lost. He mentioned some cases that when all were disappointed and remained in their rooms, Skela (and someone else) was drinking like nothing happend and showed absolutely no regrets whatsoever. We need players who want to win !
Shame. If this would have happened in another discipline NT he would be dismissed directly. Zlatan Ibrahimovic went out to party at once here in Gothenburg and was only 30 minutes late to the hotel. So they decided to leave him out of the side, no matter how important he is for their NT. This also happened to 2-3 croatians who went out to drink on a bar, they had a really important game against Russia away but still decided to leave them out of the group.

Quote:
Before some possible Skela fans decides to reply, dont forget to add to all this the scene when he run like a teen towards Owen to exchange shirts after they beat us 3:1. That day he completely showed he didnt care what happend on the pitch, for him it was important to speak few words to Owen and take his shirt, whats even more shameful Owen ignored him and didnt even look at him... and didnt accept his request.
I felt so ashamed by this act. Owen had to reject him for like 3-4 times and Skela didn't give up. How you can put yourself down this much is beyond me.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 21:14
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
I cant say nothing since u guys know alot more bout the team than I do

I still like the guy, and he had a good game against bulgaria, but like u said his time is coming to a end

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 21:36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
I heard from one our NT player, that in several occasions 'some' players of NT (Skela included) have decided to party even when the games where lost. He mentioned some cases that when all were disappointed and remained in their rooms, Skela (and someone else) was drinking like nothing happend and showed absolutely no regrets whatsoever. We need players who want to win ! .
Since you have insider sources, u mind sharing with us who told you this? And how did he see Skela drinking when he was in his room crying over the loss? Skela has been playing for 8-9 years now for the NT and none, i repeat none [not a newspaper, magazine, player or coach] has questioned his commitment to our national team. The same goes for all the clubs he has played for. So, before you throw dirt on someone who has given so much to our national team, you should check your sources.

Quote:
He ows and apology, or at least try to explain what the heck happend to him while he was taking the penalty... I presume he didnt think how important that was..
I dont remember Baggio or Barezi apologizing when they missed their penalties at the USA 94 final. Who knows, may be they had no idea on how important it was.

Quote:

Skela has no pride at all, and I begin to hate him for that.
Where do you base that on??? Is that based on his shot that hit the crossbar, his assist for Salihi, his 2 assists for Bogdani, the foul he took that led to the 1-0 goal or the assist that led to the penalty?

I dont know what game you watched or what you were drinking, but to write such a negative post for our best player last night its pure BS. We dont need fans like you ...........
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 22:11
Star Player

Teams: SHQIPERI!
Skela:

"Me duket sikur jam une fajtor per kete barazim dhe se prisha nje feste te madhe - ka deklaruar Skela. Do te kishim marre nje fitore te stermerituar dhe per kete ndjehem shume keq. Kam humbur edhe penallti te tjera, por kjo me peshoi me shume, sepse sot (dje) ishte edhe ditelindja ime. Doja ta festoja me nje gol, por nuk munda. I kerkoj falje te gjitheve”, eshte shprehur Ervin Skela per penalltine e shperdoruar qe i kushtoi fitoren Kombetares.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 22:18 Thread Starter
Legend

@ bayern

What I said, hurts. If you try to keep yourself calm before posting we might get a nice discussion here.
First how about you show us who you really are, you registered back in 2003 and we haven’t really see you around posting until this anti-Skela thread came, I’m glad I brought you back afterall, that’s what I am trying to do with this forum for several years now, get people here to post

I will certainly not tell you about my source, but I can tell its someone from inside NT, and I absolutely trusted every word he told us as there were other details given which I didn’t want to share, not forum material.

You have to be very dumb if you don’t realize what your teammates did in a trip, even if you didn’t see them drinking, words spread fast within the team – how come you came up with such question. And the trip was just an example to explain the reality, as there are a lot of things that players know about each other, and it takes more than just one night of drinking to understand someone’s character. We (fans) will hear more about inner conflicts in future, remember what we all heard about Strakosha after his retirement ? (remember Vata’s interview ?).

Fans like me have done the impossible to arrange trips to Albania for matches, if you have continuously follow the posts in here you should know that by now. We keep discussing here about everything yet I take a 10h trip and finish in stadium watching the match only to returning the next day deadly tired and back to work. You ?

What I said might hurt you, who knows you can be his friend, relative…whatever, but his lack of motivation and will for win is hurting our entire team and risks to disturb the harmony inside the squad (believe it as I did).

If you go in the beginning of my first post you see that I mentioned the fact he was my favorite player.. once, and we cannot deny how much he gave in past, but its about time we bring someone else, a younger player who puts much more effort, and it would be wiser if we stick to this and continue from this point here…

Fans like you, we need to stay around… its just to much harmony in here, we need to heat this forum up a bit I just hope your not an ex banned member or smth.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 22:23 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenica
Skela:

"Me duket sikur jam une fajtor per kete barazim dhe se prisha nje feste te madhe - ka deklaruar Skela. Do te kishim marre nje fitore te stermerituar dhe per kete ndjehem shume keq. Kam humbur edhe penallti te tjera, por kjo me peshoi me shume, sepse sot (dje) ishte edhe ditelindja ime. Doja ta festoja me nje gol, por nuk munda. I kerkoj falje te gjitheve”, eshte shprehur Ervin Skela per penalltine e shperdoruar qe i kushtoi fitoren Kombetares.

He apologized already ? Thats a start.

P.S. So much of Bayern's comparision to Baggio
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 23:16
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Multiethnic Republic of Kosovo
His age is enough to suggest that he should retire soon from the NT. However, watching the match against Bulgaria, I was impressed a lot and it hurts that he wasn't younger. I also don't think that he should apologise for the missed penalty, because this suggests that Salihi and Bogdani should do the same with those missed chances. Before anyone thinks that I'm a fan of Skela, I assure you I'm not, however I'm a fan of our NT, someone who wants to see his NT move forward. This way, I respect every player.

While reading now that he is a type of a big headed player, a thing that makes me loose respect for any one especially one of our owns. I just can't hide the fact that he has been a very talented player and still has that magic in him, but being the type that Albion suggested overcomes everything and should never be let of that easily. We as fans, have depressing and happy moments watching our NT, however the depressing moments have been more then the happy ones and to know now that we have players who come here for a bit of fun and not give their 100% effort, it is really shameful. Well, what I’m trying to say is, even if he is our best player but doesn't give his best for this NT they shouldn’t bee given a minute in a match. We, being not a very big nation, are need of talent but most important players that come here to play to their best and not have a mini holiday.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 23:31
Rising Star

hyka should replace him

he had a great game last night but 1 in 10 is nothing
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 00:40
Rising Star

Teams: Albania, Vllaznia, Bayern
Skela is as old as Beckham and Ballack, why should he retire if hes still the best player we got? Hes had 3 good games in a row. We should put Hyka in the left or right wing, we can't give the play maker position to a 19 yr old. And if skela doesn't give a shit about the NT then why did he almost cry after missing that penalty, and after the match ended?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 04:44
Premier Player

i dunno if i wanna judge skela on partying and drinking. on our NT its not just skela who does that. I know several players personally qe i qin ropt muhabetit.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 05:17
International

I remember when he ran to owen and got ignored.That had to hurt his ego. I know I would have felt like crap. That being said I will not lie either. Prior to yesterdays game I always had the mentality over the qualifying that Skela always seemed out of it, always seemed out of playing shape, didn;t really seem to push it to the limit, whereas you can see in Cana and Curri etc they really push it and give it everything they got. That being said Skela probably gives it all but his physical emotions he gives off makes us think otherwise. I think he has good intentions and can still help this team. But yes we should try incorporate a midfielder in his position. Bring him on as a sub and slowly work him in so that in a year's time he will take over. Example Hyka or anothe rplayer. And Albion, what happened with Vata and Strakosha

Punen e sotme mos e le per neser

Besart Berisha

Last edited by Zemi; October 19th, 2007 at 06:26.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 07:21 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirona_star
i dunno if i wanna judge skela on partying and drinking. on our NT its not just skela who does that. I know several players personally qe i qin ropt muhabetit.

Endri besoj m'ka kuptu se ku dua t'dal me ket muhabet, po shumeqka nuk ben t'shkruhet ktu e aq ma pak ne anglisht !

@ Azem the dibran
Vata filloj t'ja nxjerr sekretet e Strakoshes, si ne trening ka fol gjuhen greke me lojtar tjer qe mos ti kuptojn pjesa tjeter, manej nifar mnyre e ka pas akuzu per montim t'ndeshjeve etj... Qe tash kqyri ta gjej linkun e temes.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 15:37
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
If he didnt care for the NT, he wouldnt have missed that penalty :smileani:

Hyka can easily replace him but thats not necessary just yet... Skela was MoM against Bulgaria and he is in great form unlike a few months ago
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 17:43
Rising Star

Teams: Albania NT, RSC Anderlecht, AC Milan
Skela was my favourite player during the ECQ 2004 campaign. His games agaisnt Republic of Ireland, Switzerland or Russia were very impressive. He was also the best player of his club at that time, Eintracht Frankfurt.

Then he showed an incredible inconstancy ... switching from club every year (Bielefeld, Kaiserslautern, Ascoli). The fact is that he always signed for clubs wich get relegated at the end of the season. The consequence was that his performances with the NT and with his clubs were poor. Except against Bulgaria, I can't remember a great prestation of Skela with the NT the last three years.

However, Skela's time with the NT is now up, and he should retire soon. I would propose JURGEN GJASULA to replace him. This kid is really impressive and strong. He hasn't give a definitive "NO" to the NT. So let's try to get him asap !

Another alternative would be BESIAN IDRIZAJ ... but the fact that he played for Austria U21 complicates the things a lot !

I would not consider Jahmir HYKA as a possible playmaker. I think that HYKA has a lack of power to play at this post ! I think that HYKA would fit better in the wings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in