Thanks OTTO - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 00:19 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Thanks OTTO

...for beeing so brave

When he was appointed as head coach of Albanian NT almost everyone criticized Albanian Football Federation for making such move, people started to believe he was the perfect man for FSHF, an easy target to manipulate, presuming he’s days in football are over and he will not have any ambitions, will basically do what’s been told to him by members of FSHF.
Considering there were other candidates such as Litbarski, Leroy etc, really seemed we didn’t make a good choice, looked like we made a step backwards appointing an old coach who’s in the end of his career.
Baric came, and in first days he demanded intensive activities about youth players, different scouts were sent to observe players abroad while Baric declared that he will change the squad by droping some older ones, between them even those who were considered ‘untouchable’ for years, the generation that would last ‘forever’ if Brigel would remain as head coach. While Brigel came only few times in Albania, mostly before the games, took the money and leave… Baric decided to live in Albania, and dedicate most of his time following albanian football, searching talents, and constantly kept contacts with our players abroad. It was definitely the first good surprise he gave us all, showing great ambition.

- he initiated the squad rejuvenating process, leaving aside players such as Alijaj, Murati, Skela… and finally he dropped the player for whom it was believed that will leave the NT only when he wants to…team captain Tare ! a close friend of Duka (FSHF president). The under-fire Baric, didn’t care about all the pressure media and FSHF put on him trying to convince him to withdraw his decision.
- we didn’t have any big results yet, but we surely have been playing a very aggressive football since Baric joined, we came from behind to draw in Belarus and we played bravely in Holland. As we all know he missed the match against Slovenia, he went back to Croatia due to his breath complications, and as we were all expecting his assistant to lead the team in match against Bulgaria, Baric left the hospital without permission, took a personal doctor with him and straight to team training in Bulgaria. The old man once again proved to be a big inspiration to our squad, he was welcomed with ovation by players…and went immediately declaring that he’s not afraid of Bulgaria despite all the respect he has for them.
We pulled another good result, a draw away to Bulgaria… in a match where Baric fielded a team we were not used to see before, and in the end we finished the match with 3 strikers in the field a clear fact that old man didn’t want to defend only… but he even tried to win there !
Now he is again in Albania, planning to make even more changes and testing the new squad soon in a friendly against Wales. I don’t care if we don’t score wins for now, I am just glad he is brave enough to face FSHF and get rid of the old generation of players…he’s convincing in his demands, and absolutely not afraid in tactical experiments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 00:49
Star Player

I don't like many things about Baric. The most particular thing I hate is that he says that a point is enough and not going for the win. Now he may have done this to play psychological games, but I doubt it.

Otherwise, a big thanks for having the courage to try and form a new NT and to try to bring new and younger players to the NT for the next generation even though he knows that he may not be here to reap its rewards. It takes courage to do that, and kick Tare and some others out in favor of younger players. Good job, the rebuilding was in dire need, I hope he continues in this regard so that we will have it easier in the future, perhaps to be better prepared fot the WC qualifiers.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 01:24
Star Player

Teams: SHQIPERI!
I agree with all the points that you made. But i'm also very glad that Besnik Hasi isn't still amongst us(I know that he's a gjakovar, and you keep on protecting him) and his time should've been over for a time IMO. He did a great match against Belarus but has since that not showed that he can still hold on.

Baric gave us Berisha, Rrustemi, Dede, Hyka, Rrudho e.tc He has given alot for such a short time. And even though the results where not in the first case(his 'job' is to renovate our team) we have still not had so poor one's with 2 strong draws away against Bulgaria and Belarus, whilst we lost a game against Holland that should've ended with a draw if not the jewish referee would've judge the match.

Now we will see how the process continues when the players get into our NT more and more. Kapllani had some problems of misunderstandings with Bogdani, but i think that with time he will settle. Otherwise the other guy's have all played awesome and showed capacity that may take us further in the future!

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 03:28
Rising Star

as long as he finds a way to make the midfielders pass the ball correctly to the strikers he get my full approve
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 05:10
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORCA_SHQIPERIA
as long as he finds a way to make the midfielders pass the ball correctly to the strikers he get my full approve
He needs to find a playmaker. That's the most essential thing that is missing from our midfield. We don't have that playmaker that can start and develop nice action sequences.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 05:53
International

Teams: Albania, Red Bulls NY,
man...Skela is done, I don't know how his career ended. I still remember those amazing seasons with Frankfurt, it's amazing how he messed himself up.

Jurgen Gjasula...pure and simple....

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI

ILLYRICUM TOTO SUPERUS

RROFT SHQIPERIA
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 08:08 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Drenica...im not going to protect Hasi, he is 35 years old and not needed anymore as proved in recent two matches against Slovenia and Bulgaria where we had an balanced defence, and we alredy have his successor in Rrustemaj

I agree that Baric's new task is to find a playmaker, someone like Skela was. Perhaps he alredy found him, Jahmir Hyka, he just has to give him time now see how will he adjust in this team.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 11:42
Doc
Star Player

Teams: Barca
Hope he still will continue to rebuild the team with freshh blood.

Talent wins games, but teamwork wins championships
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 13:45
Premier Player

Teams: KS Skenderbeu
In The friendly against Wells he should bring in players like Tosku Hyka Sukaj and try them out and see how they perform. In friendlies u can activate the whole bench.

No matter how you try ALBANIANS never die
We just retaliate with hate then we multiply.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 18:56
Legend

Teams: Whoever is winning
when is our friendly match against the wales
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 19:19
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Multiethnic Republic of Kosovo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsi
Some where around May.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 22:44
Rising Star

^^^ that should be an interesting match... they are very tough team and good oportunity to see how Hyka, Rustemaj,etc can play against teams like that

http://fifa.com/en/mens/results/resu...adiobutton=ALL
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 19:04
Legend

i hope we give him a contract extension, IMO he deserves one
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 19:28
Premier Player

Teams: KS Skenderbeu
Whats most important about friendlies is that players dont need a passport to play in it. So Baric should bring in a few prospering players like Toski and throw them in the mix to see if they are good enough if not for the A team and he sees good quality he can inagurate them to the youth teams.

No matter how you try ALBANIANS never die
We just retaliate with hate then we multiply.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 20:17
International

Teams: Albania, Red Bulls NY,
You need a passport for official friendies.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI

ILLYRICUM TOTO SUPERUS

RROFT SHQIPERIA
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 21:13
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
i hope we give him a contract extension, IMO he deserves one
Who and for what?
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 00:58
Legend

^^^^^^^ I hope Albania gives Baric a contract extension after euro qualifying
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:02
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
^^^^^^^ I hope Albania gives Baric a contract extension after euro qualifying
ok
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 15:29
Rising Star

Teams: Albania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
...for beeing so brave

When he was appointed as head coach of Albanian NT almost everyone criticized Albanian Football Federation for making such move, people started to believe he was the perfect man for FSHF, an easy target to manipulate, presuming he’s days in football are over and he will not have any ambitions, will basically do what’s been told to him by members of FSHF.[...]

Great post!
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 15:45
Rising Star

Teams: Albania
Quote:
I don't think there are any dates in May set aside by UEFA for international friendlies.

The first such slot is in late August, 22nd I think, but nothing has been confirmed yet by the Welsh FA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in