Transsexual loses right to be father - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Transsexual loses right to be father

A TRANSSEXUAL is not legally the 'parent' of his daughter because he was still a woman when the girl was conceived, the Court of Appeal ruled today.

The female-to-male transsexual's 17-year marriage to a wealthy heiress was nullified when his wife discovered that she had, in fact married a woman.

The transsexual, referred to in court as Mr J, was born with gender dysmorphia. He underwent hormone treatment and had breasts removed before, at the age of 30, he met and married Mrs C, then aged 20 in 1977.

Though it beggars belief, it seems that Mrs C didn’t twig that she’d married another woman, even when she found herself unable to conceive a child.

He concealed the truth of his gender from her for 17 years, using a home-made artificial penis for sex. It’s unclear what the penis was made of, its size or how often it was used.

Unsurprisingly, Mrs C was forced to use artificial insemination in order to become pregnant. Lord Justice Ward described the marriage as a "travesty" and said: "Many, and I am one of them, will find it quite astonishing that there was no single occasion in 17 years of life together when her eyes did not see, or her hands or her body feel, or her senses tell her that she was living with a man who had the genital formation of a woman, a man who did not simply have a small or deformed penis, but had no penis at all."

The judges said the law required that when a woman conceived and gave birth through artificial insemination by donor, as happened in this case, the other party to the marriage must be a man in order to qualify as a parent.

As Mr J was still a woman when his wife, referred to as Mrs C, conceived in 1991 he could not be "a party" to the conception.

He is now recognised as a man under the 2004 Gender Recognition Act and can legally marry a woman.

At a Court of Appeal hearing in 1996, Mr J failed in a bid for a share of the marriage wealth, including a £400,000 home. It’s easy to imagine the poor woman screaming,

“You took 17 years of my life with a fake cock, you’re not getting my money too.”

Lords Justices Thorpe, Wall and Richards said the highly unusual facts of the case were unlikely to recur because of changes in the law.

They ordered that neither party should be identified to protect the daughter and an elder child, also born through AID and now 18.

The judges explained that the issue of when, how and from whom the two children were to learn the truth about their origins remained highly sensitive. T he mother, now remarried, has agreed to take advice from a consultant psychiatrist before explaining their background to them. Quite what their mother will say when quizzed by her teens is anybody’s guess. Perhaps she should look into the distance and curtly explain that,

“It was the ‘70s. Things were different back then”.

http://uk.gay.com/headlines/9940

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 12:03
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bed
The essence of the story probably flew right over your head. But perhaps a more elaborate comment of the article you posted would shed some light on your opinion.

Anyway... what a peculiar case. I cannot imagine how it is possible that the wife did not notice anything strange for 17 years. My guess is that she knew, and then they broke up and just used it as a way to get sole custody of the children.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 22:40
BANNED!
International

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem/Israel & Juventus/Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bed
A TRANSSEXUAL is not legally the 'parent' of his daughter
I thought Totti had a son
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 14:43
Star Player

Teams: Manchester United and England NT
using a home-made artificial penis

Good lord, that is disturbing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 11:52
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Can't believe San Siro has a whole thread dedicated to him. But congratulations on making the news, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 12:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Piero
I thought Totti had a son
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus
Can't believe San Siro has a whole thread dedicated to him. But congratulations on making the news, I guess.
This is a little bit too much for a "nice joke" no? and obviously a bit stupid too from both of you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in