Don't know what title to give this - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 16:48 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Don't know what title to give this

I previously referred to this guy who is - in my opinion - the most entertaining political blogger I've ever seen. Yes - it is the The Religious Policeman again.

There's an utterly amazing gem by the very end of this epic post from yesterday. Give it time.

http://muttawa.blogspot.com/

Of course - I am violating forum rules by this type of post, but in the attempt to make a quick justification for putting it on - let me just say that there's a both/and line here that I think is pretty much key in many of our culture clash debates.

To those not familiar with the blogger - he is an exiled Saudi living in London. A muslim who absolutely hates religious fundamentalism and the regime and religious police in his homeland.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 17:07
BANNED!
International

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem/Israel & Juventus/Italy
Don't know why but it reminds me of this :

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050#

"There is No Clash of Civilizations but a Clash between the Mentality of the Middle Ages and That of the 21st Century"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 17:22
BANNED!
International

Thanks Glen

it's awesome.....

Monday, October 24, 2005
The New Hollywood?
We've now had the news about the epic Saudi 'Two Kings' production, followed by the opening of the first 'Saudi Cinema' of recent times. Soon there's clearly going to be a huge demand for home-grown Arab language movies, so we need a Middle East version of Hollywood or Bollywood. So where could that be? Let's have a look at Syria.

Not literally, of course. Syria is one of the last places on God's earth that I would want to travel to. Most Saudis feel that way. Saudis usually have a problem at the Syrian land border post. Or rather, the Syrian customs and immigration officials have a problem. It's an eyesight problem. They have some eyesight defect, that means they cannot see our passports, or other travel documents, or indeed us. Somehow our documents, and we ourselves, are invisible. We could wait there, in some ratty shed with inadequate air conditioning, all day. The only thing that makes us visible, is to insert a large-denomination note in between the pages of the passport. Then they suddenly see us! It's a miracle! It's a genuine Islamic miracle!

Squalidly corrupt officials are usually the product of squalidly corrupt governments. And even by the abysmal standards of the Middle East, they don't come any more squalid or corrupt than that of the Syrian government. Or should I say monarchy? After all, the present Head of State inherited the title from his father. So now we have King Bashar the Gormless. The man who gave the words "I'll send a car for you" a new and chilling meaning.

One aspect that is common to any squalid government, is that they need an enemy, a scapegoat. Someone to point the finger at, as being the source of all ills. Someone to make their own hapless people look away from the self-serving incompetents who are running their country, and concentrate on someone else instead. And in this part of the world, who better than the Jooos? Not very original, of course. From Hitler and the Czars down to the nastiest little autocrats, they've all gone for the Jooos. But if it works, why change it?

The burgeoning movie scene in the Middle East has tempted Syria to throw its cap into the ring, to be the center of movie-making. And what better movie to start with than "Diaspora", the story of an ordinary Jewish family. They're called the Rothschilds. They do a bit of banking as a day job, but their pastime is World Domination. Mind you, that wasn't their first choice. They really wanted just to play golf, but the Goyim wouldn't let them join the club.

The full details are at the MEMRI site, (link below). The movie first appeared on Syrian TV, and this year is one of the "Ramadan Specials" on Jordanian TV. Let me just give you a taster, while you wait for it to come to your local multiplex.

The first scene features old Amschel Rothschild on his deathbed in 1812, with his sons standing round. Just so we know where he's coming from, he croaks

"All the nations that violate the religion of the Jews originated from the seed of a stinking and filthy ass. Rule them in secret and in public, with strength and oppression through deceit and cunning, and do not allow any nation to share your control of the world...
"God has honored us, the Jews, with the mission of ruling the world using money, using science, using politics, using murder, using sex, using any means..."

No hidden agenda here. Don't you just hate those conniving sneaky Jooos already? He starts to divide up the world. For example,

"You, Solomon, take Austria. The most loathsome country, namely Britain, I have left to you Nathan."

Then he dies. I think it's based on the Shakespeare scene where King Lear divides up his country. However, Shakespeare it's not. Sadly it's also not got the humor of the Superman scene where Lex Luther asks General Zod for an island - Australia. The father character is pure ham, if you'll excuse the expression, while the sons are so wooden it's like being in the middle of a forest. But I did just wonder if it was based on a real-life scene at the deathbed of King Bashar's father. ("You, Bashar, are clueless and chinless - you shall have Syria").

Then there's the scene in 1894, where the Jewish world government is taking Executive Decisions.

Dr. Sam Rothschild: "Rabbi Shilotka, arrange for the assassination of the Czar, but do it quietly."
Rabbi Shilotka: "All right."

And did you know, Alexander III died in 1894, of kidney disease? Cunning Jooos. Obviously "quietly" poisoned him. But there was other business to take care of.

Dr. Sam Rothschild: "Before we close the meeting, I want to remind everyone that this period of international balance must not continue. Do everything possible to incite the Germans to start a war. Any questions? In the name of the global Jewish government, all ideas raised in this meeting will be implemented. This year here, next year in Jerusalem."

And by gosh, didn't a German war start in 1914? What a prophetic film this is.

There's potentially a good scene when the Jooos in a ghetto ritually kill one of their number, for the crime of marrying a Goy woman. Here's what the punishment involves:

"You, hold his nose shut. You, open his mouth with tongs. You, pour lead into his mouth. You, cut off his ears. And you, stab his body with a knife before the lead kills him. Understood? This is a sacred Talmudic court. Any of you who fails in his mission will be tried just like this criminal."

Sadly, it's all a bit tame. After all, when someone pours molten lead into your mouth, there should be lots of hissing and writhing and steam and leaden gurgling. If Peckinpah directed it, someone would reach in and pull out a stomach-shaped lead ingot. But there's none of that. It looks like they are force-feeding him Chicken Soup. Then a woman faints. Or perhaps she was so bored, she fell asleep.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this movie doesn't deny the Holocaust. Far from it. It is in fact a Machiavellian Jooo plan to populate Palestine with Jooos. It's explained in this scene.

Chairman: "Listen to me closely. We need to help Hitler annihilate the Jews, because this is the only way to drive the Jews from the countries that Hitler has not yet occupied to immigrate to the Promised Land."
Participant: "Can I ask a question?"
Chairman: " Please."
Participant: "Isn't there another way to attract immigrants to the Promised Land besides annihilation?"
Chairman: "Unfortunately no, because no Jew living in comfort in Europe will consider coming here unless he feels the threat of annihilation. So I want you to be realistic, and to leave all sentiment behind. Let's all cooperate to increase the annihilation operations so that we can ultimately realize our dream of establishing the great empire in the Promised Land."

So they sacrificed 6 million of their own, in order to set up the state of Israel. I don't know about you, but they certainly had me fooled! What naughty rascals they are!

However, no self-respecting movie of this genre can manage without the bit where they sacrifice a Gentile child. Why? Well, it's for this recipe.

Rabbi: "Listen. We want the blood of a Christian child before Passover, for the matzos. Don't think too hard. Joseph, the son of Helen, your neighbor."

Don't you get annoyed with those recipe books, when you can't get the ingredients at the supermarket?

Anyway, they go out to find a "Christian Child" called Joseph. Actually, in the movie, he doesn't look too "Christian" to me. In fact, he looks decidedly Semitic. Perhaps they picked up a "Yousef" instead of a "Joseph". "Yousef"'s mother isn't going to be too pleased about that. Plus they may not get the right Matzo taste. However, he's more than a child, he's quite a big lad. Lots of blood, lots of Matzos. Perhaps they can sell them wholesale. So how do the Matzos turn out? The evil Rabbi tries them on a non-religious Jew.

Rabbi: "Hello."
Non-religious Jew: "Hello."
Rabbi: "Good Passover."
Non-religious Jew: "Good Passover to you too."
Rabbi: I want to let you taste the holy Passover matzo. Then, maybe you will come back to your religion."
Non-religious Jew: "No, thanks, I don't want to."
Rabbi: "No, no. You must eat this, if not for my sake, for the sake of God."
Non-religious Jew: "Thank you."
Rabbi: "How is it? Tasty?"
Non-religious Jew: " Plain. Like all the matzos in the world."

What did I say? If you skimp on the ingredients, you can spoil the whole thing. Next time, ask for J-o-s-e-p-h. Then your Matzos won't taste plain, and you won't have wasted all that blood. Not to mention all the other bits you had to throw away.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 20:37
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Instant bookmark this one is.

Thats got to be the best blog I have read, easily. Thanks for the heads up

Still reading, so I dont know what the gem your refering to is. But found one of my own, alot more silly and unserious than what your hinting at, proberly:

"It's the Crappiest idea since the Pharoah said "I bet I can catch up with the Jews before they get to the Red Sea!" Or since the Romans said "Here's a good place for a city, with a nice view of that cone-shaped mountain, let's call it Pompeii!"

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

Last edited by Osman; May 15th, 2006 at 20:48.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 20:55 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

http://207.126.53.59/sg/index.php?op...=5133&Itemid=1

OK then. Check the title of the article he links to - and then move your mouse over to the picture of the victim on the right.

Last edited by Glen; May 15th, 2006 at 21:00.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 20:58
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
I've been reading this blog on a daily basis since you first posted it during the cartoon crisis. He is trully superb.

Great find.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 00:36
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman
Instant bookmark this one is.
Yoda, is that you?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 01:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
This blog is priceless.

Quote:
Not literally, of course. Syria is one of the last places on God's earth that I would want to travel to. Most Saudis feel that way. Saudis usually have a problem at the Syrian land border post. Or rather, the Syrian customs and immigration officials have a problem. It's an eyesight problem. They have some eyesight defect, that means they cannot see our passports, or other travel documents, or indeed us. Somehow our documents, and we ourselves, are invisible. We could wait there, in some ratty shed with inadequate air conditioning, all day. The only thing that makes us visible, is to insert a large-denomination note in between the pages of the passport. Then they suddenly see us! It's a miracle! It's a genuine Islamic miracle!
I am suddenly a believer in miracles!

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 05:41
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Someones been reading racist/biased sources again?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/...773258,00.html
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 05:54
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Memri is only one of the sources the blogger uses - and unless Memri actually translates wrongly the videos presented in his site, I don't see how it is not a valid source to retrieve information. That Memri sanctimoniously claim to be objective does not make what they present non-existant, does it?

Furthermore, a blog must not absolutely be objective as it is a representation of a personal opinion - although I think he is actually being objective in a deeply cynical self-critical way.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 06:03
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
I don't refer to the blogger, I don't know the blogger, I don't care about the blogger.

I'm referring to the person who can only quote racist/biased sources. If you quote MEMRI once, thats fine, but if your sources are consistenly racist/biased, then you know who belongs back in the middle ages

Now to answer your question, yes it does. Selective reporting/translation, even if accurate (which is not MEMRI's case) does not make it a valid/honest source.

Imagine a channel which only reports the negatives of the UK or whatever. It wouldn't be a fair source either, because it obviously seeks to bias its readers towards a certain mentality. Unless you have some other idea..

Doesn't it just amaze you that almost anyone now trying to make a point across the internet uses MEMRI? How come nothing comes out of BBC for example? Not biased enough?

So how come MEMRI doesn't translate/report stuff like this?

http://www.middleeast.org/archives/8-00-13.htm
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 06:30
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

I don't disagree that Memri by itself is not an objective newsource. But I see nothing wrong in using information off it with a critical view. That it is unobjective does not make the things it presents inexistant or untrue - that is my point.

Provided of course that their translation is accurate.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 11:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Saudi exiles.

Good riddance.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 22:46
BANNED!
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
I don't disagree that Memri by itself is not an objective newsource. But I see nothing wrong in using information off it with a critical view.
The Memri videos are fake... it's Mossad agents playing Arabs. Too obvious.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 15:19 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Saudi exiles.

Good riddance.

I am, however, very interested in what you actually think about the blog - and the blogger for that matter.

The FAQ gives some information on his (stated) opinions on some rather key issues. Don't you feel that there's a point to quite a bit of that? More specifically points 3, 4, 9, 12 and 13.

http://muttawa.blogspot.com/2005/12/...ceman-faq.html

If you'd prefer answering through PM that's fine too.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 20:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
3. True.

4. The Royal family is not a monolithic entity, it comprises of many people, a lot of whom have diverging opinions and different outlooks on a range of issues. Someone like Prince Waleed bin Talal's views are very progressive, whereas others are more conservative. And while their rule is a non-democratic one, a lot of their policies come about after extensive consultation with mainstream Saudi society. The conservative makeup of our society is not solely one that is enforced by the powers that be, it also reflects the society itself and its traditionalist nature. The Muttawa'een are for the most part deeply unpopular, hamfisted relics of the dark ages but they exist because there are strong elements within the religious establishment that want them to exist, and that establishment is not without its supporters on the street so to speak.

9. Whether he is Saudi or Muslim is not for me to say, but his knowledge of Saudi society is authentic from the little that i've seen. But that doesn't mean he doesn't put his own spin on things and looks at issues through his own subjective prism, because that's what he does. Most Saudi exiles claim they can speak on behalf of those back home, but reality they can't by a country mile.

12. Reform is certainly not easy here, and it's as much a result of the mentality of the average citizen as it is beauraucratic red tape by the government. Take it and the religious establishment out of the equation, and you'd still have a mountain to climb because the attitude of people here in many aspects, is simply appalling. That's the major reason why progress is so hard to come by, even though obviously the abject lack of accountability of the ruling apparatus is a big factor with regards to the state of affairs.

13. People using religion for their own agendas is a concept that transcends time, right now is no different nor is Islam immune to it. But religious fanaticism and specifically Islamic fundamentalism is a terribly exaggerated phenomenon, but because of it's politically-fertile nature is ripe for dogmatic exploitation. It provides the bogey-man of our time.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 00:47
BANNED!
International

You missed the best part in 12

"
I don't hate Arabia; it is my country. I detest the name "Saudi", because it implies that the Saud family own it, instead of it belonging to God and the people. How would you feel about "The Bush States" or "Windsor Britain"? "
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 16:27
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Very interesting site. However, everything he writes is just so blatantly critical of the Kingdom, and rightfully so - IMO.

However, I notice he doesn't have one good thing to write about his country...and when he does, he'll find something about it in order to criticise.

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:00
Outstanding Post of the Year 2007
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
I am, however, very interested in what you actually think about the blog - and the blogger for that matter...
I think he smokes pot and drinks a bunch of booze in London. You said you'd be very interested

Vada a bordo, CAZZO!!! Gregorio De Falco

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each
blade of grass
Yamamoto

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity Sigmund Freud
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:02
Outstanding Post of the Year 2007
Premier Player

Oh the blog sucks, it's what I hear at the local artsy fartsy hangout everyday. A Saud vegetarian, the world is going to hell...you said you'd be very interested

Vada a bordo, CAZZO!!! Gregorio De Falco

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each
blade of grass
Yamamoto

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity Sigmund Freud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in