Palestine & Jordan - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 16:37 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem/Israel & Juventus/Italy
Palestine & Jordan

I'm wondering what unbiased people think of this proposal, as in theory. Of course those who hate Israel and think Israelis should migrate to Alaska aren't eligibile to give an answer here... but I'm wondering more how the Swedish, Portugese, and all the other members think about this proposal here.

http://www.therightroadtopeace.com

In short the idea is this :

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is in fact a Palestinian state:

After Jordan's invasion of Israel in 1948, it unilaterally annexed Judea and Samaria and granted citizenship to all its population, both residents and refugees. It enacted a number of major constitutional amendments expressing Palestinian-Jordanian unity.

For many years, the PLO competed with Jordan over who represents the Palestinian Arabs. Only after Israel's weak response to the first "intifada" in 1987, and the subsequent strengthening of the PLO, which resulted in Israel viewing the PLO as the representative of the Palestinian Arabs, did Jordan withdraw from its connection with the "West Bank".

The new reality in the Middle East provides an historic opportunity to rectify that error and once again establish Jordan as the Palestinian nation-state - the exclusive representative of the Palestinian Arabs.
From refugees to citizens once again:

On the 31st July 1988 Jordan revoked the Jordanian citizenship of all the Arabs living in Judea, Samaria and Gaza.
As a Palestinian state, Jordan-Palestine will return this citizenship. Even if they choose to continue to live in Israel, these citizens will enjoy national and political rights in the Palestinian state, whose capital is Amman.

NOTE: In February 2003 twenty two Palestinian unions in Judea, Samaria and Gaza appealed secretly to King Abdallah for his economic intervention in these areas - despite their knowledge of Arafat's strong objection to such machinations. This act testifies to the fact that the current mood would support the renewed link with Jordan and the dissolution of the Palestinian Authority.
No to a second Palestinian state:

A Palestinian state in Judea, Samaria and Gaza would in fact mean the establishment of a second Palestinian state.

This would not be a solution of "two states for two nations", but rather "three states for two nations" - one for the Jews and two for the Palestinians.

A second Palestinian state in Judea, Samaria and Gaza would pose a threat to both Israel and Jordan. It would serve as a springboard to turn all of the land of Israel - from the Iraqi desert to the Mediterranean Sea - into a single Palestinian Arab state.
What would Jordan gain from becoming part of the regional settlement?

The current Jordanian regime is friendly to Israel and for the most part pro- Western. Its stability, however, is currently in danger because of its delicate geopolitical status. The lack of clarity concerning the status of its Palestinian majority and the danger posed to it by the establishment of an additional Palestinian state would foment unrest among the Palestinian population of Jordan against the government.

The dissolution of the Palestinian Authority and the subjugation of the PLO establishment would elicit a sigh of relief in Amman and pave the way for the underscoring of the Palestinian character of Jordan, whose absolute majority - including the Queen and numerous senior government officials - is Palestinian.

A comprehensive development program for Jordan, accompanied by moderate reforms to bolster its Palestinian character, is likely to be welcomed in Amman and would move the kingdom forward to a more hopeful future.

Jordan's principal problems are economic. It could be significantly strengthened by Israel and the United States in the context of a regional "Marshall Plan" integrated with the rebuilding of Iraq.

A comprehensive, internationally funded development plan for Jordan, most of whose territory is undeveloped, would facilitate the absorption and naturalization of the Arabs of Judea, Samaria and Gaza.

Israel has a profound interest in the development of Jordan as a Palestinian state. The transfer to Jordan of significant portions of American military aid to the Middle East could significantly transform Jordan's economy.

The normalization of relations and cessation of hostilities would significantly reduce the need for major U.S. foreign defense aid, part of which could also be reallocated to boost Jordan's economy.

Jordan is Palestine!

This is the "palestinian" flag :

This is the Jordanian flag :

Historically, the area of Jordan was supposed to become a part of the Jewish State according to the British Mandate and the Balfour Declaration. The British decided , without any right, to cut the state into half and to grant King Abdallah a state - Jordan, meaning for his Hashemite family, bedouin tribes. Right now, most of the population of Jordan is Palestinian anyway... and they are controlled by a sort of minority dictatorship. Is this fair ?

What the Arabs are demanding us then is essentially 3 countries for the Palestinians : One in Jordan, one in the West Bank & Gaza, and one in Israel itself (where there are already a million palestinian citizens, and they demand the fictious "right of return" of the refugees).

Does this seem fair to you ?

If you're interested, read the whole proposal in the link .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 18:25
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Don't you get tired of grinding water?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 18:49
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
I think we are better shipping all the jews out to Alaska. What do you think Piero?

www.roadtopeacejewsinthefreezer.org

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 19:04
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
Also considering the similarities in flags and the weight of that to solve problems:

I think Cuba should have rights over Israel/Palestine, considering their flag:

Fidel would then hang 90% of the jews because they don´t know how to roll a cuban cigar and shoot 100% the Palestinians as they are all terrorists.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 21:31
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United

England the home of football.
MUFC-The Religion.

Quote:
Fish are caught by there mouths, men by there word
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 22:37 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

How are these flags any similar ? you could have done better than that if you don't notice, the only difference is the star which represents the royalty... same colors, size, pattern they're IDENTICAL .

Any sane responses ?

You should have read the intro of what I posted... this thread is not for the barbaric terrorists (/supporters) to answer.

Last edited by Del Piero; May 11th, 2006 at 22:48.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 22:41
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Piero
You should have read the intro of what I posted... this thread is not for the barbaric terrorists (/supporters) to answer.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 23:07
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Piero
Any sane responses ?
since I don't feel like plowing trough all on that link I just have one question:
does this proposal say that the Palestinians should move to Jordan properly and become their citciens or that the current Palestinian state should join Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasuni
Hasuni, Ahmed and Göran = Typical terrorist names.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 23:58 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
since I don't feel like plowing trough all on that link I just have one question:
does this proposal say that the Palestinians should move to Jordan properly and become their citciens or that the current Palestinian state should join Jordan?
nobody has to move. The proposal is simply stating the practical fact that Palestinians already have a nation. It's called Jordan. So all Palestinianis should get a Jordanian citizenship basically.
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 06:54
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester United
then why not all jews get an american citizenship and move to america ?

All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself.
post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkreig

Someone start a petition..

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:19
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkreig
Sorry, you're not allowed to post here:

"Of course those who hate Israel and think Israelis should migrate to Alaska aren't eligibile to give an answer here.."

You're only eligible to give an answer here if you agree that Palestinians should migrate to Jordan.

Then again, his argument is too weird to even discuss. Egypt has an identical flag to Yemen with an exception of an eagle. I guess that means Egypt and Yemen are somehow related.

"same colors, size, pattern they're IDENTICAL"....

.. Or maybe the Sudanese are related to the Palestinians?

Last edited by Sabry; May 12th, 2006 at 07:24.
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:29
Forum Manager
Legend

You could make a case. God knows what their accents would end up like.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Hold the phone, i got another one!

-Stefano Sturaro
post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:37
Forum Manager
Legend

Without wanting to toot my own horn, i think this is my best work yet.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:39
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
What about Monaco and Indonesia? Their flags really are identical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:44
On Planet Z
International

Indonesia:

Monaco:

I win!

Quote:
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:45
Forum Manager
Legend

It's not all about being identical you know, you have to really "feel" the connection between the two flags. It's not like i went to the CIA factbook on flags, and just started picking random countries' flags which have the same colors. Some of the ones i've posted have a really deep and spiritual connection between them.

Okay i'll stop now, i'm starting to sound like a Milanista.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:46
On Planet Z
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Some of the ones i've posted have a really deep and spiritual connection between them.
Didn't you know that Monaco was actually founded by Indonesians? I mean, it's right there for anyone to see! Their flags are identical!!!

*On a serious note, the fact that two nations have flags that are very similar is one of the dumbest arguments for incorporating a people into a nationality I've ever heard. It's like saying Belgians should be German because their flags are similar. Since I just Godwinned myself (or came pretty damned close to it), I'll bow out of this thread.

Quote:
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 07:53
Forum Manager
Legend

You SO made up that whole thing about Indonesians founding Monaco, to support your flags argument. Now you're just being silly.

And really, what are Germans but just Belgians with better wienerschnitzel.

-Stefano Sturaro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in