Israel 58 years old!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 18:43 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: ISRAEL NT, Maccabi Haifa, Bayern München
Israel 58 years old!!!

58 years of independence for the State of Israel and plenty more years to come!!! Even with all the crap they have to deal with they are still a strong country BRAVO ISRAEL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:09
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Happy Independence Day!

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbird
Happy Independence Day!
highly appreciated, thanks!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 22:21
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Happy Yom Ha'atzmaut.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 00:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo
Happy Yom Ha'atzmaut.
hahaha TODA RABA!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:04
International

Shir Lahavah

Transliteration

Yachad - lev el lev niftach venir'eh
taor shebashamayim
Yachad - lev el lev niftach betikva
la'ahava

Ech shehalev niftach
chovek et ha'olam
oovikria gdola
nashir la'ahava

Imru hakol efshar
ze lo meuchar
hashachar kvar ala
zman le'ahava

Yachad - lev el lev niftach venir'eh
taor shebashamayim
Yachad - lev el lev niftach betikva
la'ahava

Verak im na'amin
oovli shum da'awin
baderech ha'ola
ze shir la'ahava

Translation

Together, heart to heart we'll open, and we'll see
the light in the sky.
Together, heart to heart we'll open,
with hope for love.

The heart opens up,
embraces hand to the world,
And with a big shout
we'll sing to love.

Say: everything is possible,
it is not too late,
Dawn has risen already
it is time for love.

Together, heart to heart we'll open, and we'll see
the light in the sky.
Together, heart to heart we'll open,
with hope for love.

If we only believe,
no mucking around,
On the road coming up,
it is a song for love.

-------------------
link

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 06:37
Soldier of Fortune
Rising Star

Teams: Jagiellonia, Pakhtakor, Vicenza
Yeah, congratulations But let the Palestinians enjoy the same kind of celebration in 58 years time

To try to understand a poem is like touching a rose with innumerable thorns. To try to feel a poem is to lovingly hold a rose without a single thorn.

(Sri Chinmoy)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 10:51
Rising Star

Israelis are such a proud bunch, us English used to be the same until the Politically Correct brigade came along and told us how bad we were for it, how we should be more culterally aware & willing to devolute, we were told our flag was racist, and that pride had racist connetations......we are now robbed of our national identity and no one knows anymore what we are supposed to be, our only saviour is the football team. I envy Israelis for they are allowed to express freely there love for thier country & tribe, they also can express their dislike for others without fear. This is true freedom.

In 58 years time though when Israel catches up with being as politically correct as some European countries will they still enjoy the same freedom.....old DV thinks not. Muzzel Tov.

i ploughed the land with horses, my heart was ill at ease, for the old sea faring men, came to me now and then, with their sagas of the seas.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 01:07 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonic Vincent
Israelis are such a proud bunch, us English used to be the same until the Politically Correct brigade came along and told us how bad we were for it, how we should be more culterally aware & willing to devolute, we were told our flag was racist, and that pride had racist connetations......we are now robbed of our national identity and no one knows anymore what we are supposed to be, our only saviour is the football team. I envy Israelis for they are allowed to express freely there love for thier country & tribe, they also can express their dislike for others without fear. This is true freedom.

In 58 years time though when Israel catches up with being as politically correct as some European countries will they still enjoy the same freedom.....old DV thinks not. Muzzel Tov.
I disagree with you on this. American, British, French, Germans, Spanish, and nation is allowed to proud of itself and its accompishments and I saw many British, French, American, etc. patriots who love and expres their love for their country yet they can still acknowledge other countries and cultures. Israel, despite what many thing, is very well aware of the Arabic culture and lots of our music, language, and other daily events are affected by their culture and we have no problem accepting their culture nor do we have problems accepting south american, european, asian, or.......even american culture (if they have one). I dont' think Israelis have the freedom to claim their dislikes. As someone who is Israeli and lives in another country, I can clearly tell you that I really cannot express my feeling towards another country because people already assume that I hate arabs, i think all europeans are anti-semites, and that i love america, but this is very untrue stereotype to MANY Israelis and its never enjoyable when people assume your political views. As for our football team.....they have a long way to go until we can call them our saviour, but they can definintly do something in the near future. Anyways, thanks for the Mazel Tov DV and don't think twice about expressing your English pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vami
Yeah, congratulations But let the Palestinians enjoy the same kind of celebration in 58 years time
With pleasure!, but its not in my control my friend. Just like most Israelis i wish to see a Palestinian nation alongside Israel living in peace. A bit of compromise by both sides and it can be achieved.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 09:24
Soldier of Fortune
Rising Star

I'm glad that, as you say, most Israelis, wish to see both nations living in peace together. But if that is so, then why did you elect such a dumb government?

To try to understand a poem is like touching a rose with innumerable thorns. To try to feel a poem is to lovingly hold a rose without a single thorn.

(Sri Chinmoy)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 13:52
BANNED!
International

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem/Israel & Juventus/Italy
You mean Hamas ? He's Israeli, not Palestinian.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 16:32 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
I'm glad that, as you say, most Israelis, wish to see both nations living in peace together. But if that is so, then why did you elect such a dumb government?
I think it wasn't a dumb government, the 2nd biggest party in the parliment is a liberal party, and the right wing party came only in 4th place. Kadima, which is the party that won, is really right in the middle. I think they are very well aware that a compromise must be made in order to achieve peace. I think that the real mistake was electing Hamas party for the Palestinians. They have still refused to even recognize Israel as a state, and its a bit difficult to achieve peace when the enemy doesn't even recognize you as.......an enemy. They have clearly showed that they endorse the idea of Suicide bombing which is also a very difficult way to achieve peace. I am certainly not biased and I know that my country has also made a fair amount of mistakes, but I also know that we are very willing to achieve peace at a compromise. Like I said, peace is very realistic once Hamas is out of power. And most importantly and relevant to the current situation as you can see here http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ion/index.html . There must be peace inside Palestinian territories before there is peace between Israelis and Palestinians or else nothing can actually happen.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 16:57
Soldier of Fortune
Rising Star

I just deeply hope both sides will want to achieve the compromise... If there is will, peace will come... I am keeping my fingers crossed

(Sri Chinmoy)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 16:58 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
I just deeply hope both sides will want to achieve the compromise... If there is will, peace will come... I am keeping my fingers crossed
likewise, a pleasure to hear that, and thankyou

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in