Would you believe in this? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 07:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Would you believe in this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

This is a story written by what was a more or less failed science fiction writer that wrote books none bought. But he found his way to earn money, he discovered the most stupid people on this earth, Hollywood stars. The rest is history. but it boggles my mind how anyone with any bit of sanity can believe a story this poorly written and stupid. It boggles mme even more how they seemingly can't make the connection between the founder having been a science fiction writer and his wokrk being a science fiction story. Yes Travolta and Cruise, I am talking to you.

So do anyone here think this thing is plausible? Do you send them money?

Personally I am off writing a story, apparently it have to be incredibly poor which can be a art in itself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 08:53
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

This is a story written by what was a more or less failed science fiction writer that wrote books none bought. But he found his way to earn money, he discovered the most stupid people on this earth, Hollywood stars. The rest is history. but it boggles my mind how anyone with any bit of sanity can believe a story this poorly written and stupid. It boggles mme even more how they seemingly can't make the connection between the founder having been a science fiction writer and his wokrk being a science fiction story. Yes Travolta and Cruise, I am talking to you.

So do anyone here think this thing is plausible? Do you send them money?

Personally I am off writing a story, apparently it have to be incredibly poor which can be a art in itself...
Hehe I was contemplating starting a thread on Scientology after watching that episode of South Park

I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe". I was quite surprised, so I googled Scientology and I read all this strange info about them.

WHat I don't understand is why is the origin of Xenu (argued to be called Xemu ) a mystery? You have to pay money to learn that "secret" or something. Weird...I think it's all a bunch of crap. :undecide:

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #3 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 09:09
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester United
That wikipedia link was hilarious.
loads of money + being stupid = a scientologist.

All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself.

post #4 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:54 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid
I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe".
This was the eyeopener. I had heard that they believed in something stupid, but I had no idea what it was. I could never imagine it would be this farfetched and silly. Not even in the most extreme sarcasm I could make about people wanting to believe something would I go this far.

Compared to this story the awefully bad "Battlefield earth" seems like a brilliant story.
post #5 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:56
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Johan, *this* is what scientology actually is? You're not serious, right?

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #6 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 13:55 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix
Johan, *this* is what scientology actually is? You're not serious, right?
I wish.
You could follow the links and read up on it. This is the story presented to OT (Operating Thetan) of level 3 (OT VIII being highest level).

Scientology is otherwise mostly about strange methods of "cleaning people" and "rehabilitating their human spirit".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciento..._and_practices

And yes, Hubbard that made the religion was a science fiction author that wrote worthless pieces like "Battlefield earth" that none bought. but admittedly this sorry bastard that you asked now had the dubious pleasure of watching... on cinema at that. That lies as an heavy burden on my conscience and I will surely go to hell.

I must add this piece as it is hilarious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Scientologists argue that published accounts of the Xenu story and other colorful teachings are presented out of context for the purpose of ridiculing their religion. Journalists and critics of Scientology counter that Xenu is part of a much wider Scientology belief in past lives on other planets, some of which has been public knowledge for decades. For instance, Hubbard's 1958 book Have You Lived Before This Life documents past lives described by individual Scientologists during auditing sessions. These included memories of being "deceived into a love affair with a robot decked out as a beautiful blond-haired girl", being run over by a Martian bishop driving a steamroller, being transformed into an intergalactic walrus that perished after falling out of a flying saucer, and being "a very happy being who strayed to the planet Nostra 23,064,000,000 years ago".
post #7 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:04
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

"The results of applying their crackpot psychotherapy (called "auditing") is to weaken the mind".

Auditing weakens the mind! Our secret is out!

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #8 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:12
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona, First Vienna FC 1894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid
I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe". I was quite surprised, so I googled Scientology and I read all this strange info about them.
Exactly the same here, it was hard to believe.
Of course one can argue that every religion requires a bit of stupidity, or rather naivity and good will to believe in something that can not be explained scientifically and/or historically. But the amount of stupidity that's required to religiously believe in the (bad) stories of a (bad) science-fiction author and pay lots of money to those Scientology-bastards, that's just wrong, no reason for tolerance, in my opinion... :undecide:
Go on, sue me!
Signed, John Smith

I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman.
post #9 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:20
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Dammit, Boyo! I was just about to post the Xenu.net link.

I've seen the Dianetics booth in subway stations in busier areas of town, with a sign that says "are you stressed out? Take our test to see!" It's a brilliant strategy: catch people in one of the more stressfull environments where most are experiencing varying levels of "rat in a cage" syndrome (who doesn't wish they could avoid rush hour?), find a person who's in a weak moment, and presto! You've got them convinced that their life is one endless stressor, and after your hard sell, you've got their phone number and a copy of Dianetics in their hands. With a little buddy-buddy nudging, they're shelling out money to cross the bridge to nuttiness.
Feeling depressed with physical pains? It's the residual effects of a past life, and you're weak to turn to drug therapy. Having a rough time during childbirth? Be quiet and it'll go more smoothly.

Oh, I could have cockpunched Tom Cruise for his comments about Brooke Shields! :fero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #10 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:26
IVO
International
World Class Player

I only ever hear about actors being involved...anybody know just how big this religion is?

There are other similar beliefs, I read a book called "The tenth planet" which was actually the first in a whole series of them, but I stopped after it.

The author translates old Sumerian tablets which apparently tell a story of an alien race that actually spawned ours. The story was certainly more plausible than scientology but had a lot of holes. The author's translations often differed from everyone else's and he seemed to ignore a lot of stuff. It was more like he had a story in his head and made everything fit. Some of his "evidence" was actually pretty well thought out but some was just downright ridiculous and I even laughed out loud when I read it.
post #11 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:30
IVO
International
World Class Player

The planet they came from had an orbit perpendicular to ours and lasted 3600 years and if I remember correctly, it's a massive planet. It collided with another planet that was in orbit in the current day asteroid belt and broke it in half. Part of that planet ended up in Earth's current orbit (and he says the Pacific ocean is evidence of the planet being split in half) and the other portion makes up the asteroid belt.

Rubbish or not it was actually a fun read.
post #12 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:37
On Planet Z
International

From the Wikipedia article:

Quote:
The interior decoration of "all modern theaters" is also said by Hubbard to be due to an unconscious recollection of Xenu's implants.
If this is true, then how dare John Travolta and Tom Cruise force millions into paining their subconscious with their movies!* :eekani:

*Run with it; it'll be fun.

Quote:
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #13 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:49
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

"Xenu's implants"

Xenu the Warrior Princess?

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #14 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 15:04
On Planet Z
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo
"Xenu's implants"
Did Xenu want bigger, rounder jubblies? Is that a reason to hate the poor fictitious character?

I noticed after writing my Cruise-and-Travolta-subjecting-thetans-to-trauma bit that it could be applied to any environment in which one of their movies is viewed, not just theatres, but maybe it was just me getting ahead of myself again. Sigh, I'm like, SO not cleared!

Quote:
post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 17:46
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Rossoneri, Hammers
A friend of mine from highschool got into Scientology (after she got into Mormonism) and, basically, they sucked every penny from her. The average sap (as opposed to the famous people they suck dry in a slightly different way while using their fame to get average people into the "church") is made to pay for every "treatment" they get and they just keep getting told they need more to get "clear".

I can totally see why so many Hollywood types go in for this as they message they get is that they are special aliens and thus are expected to rule over the rest of us losers. Some marginally talented actor would love to hear that they are cosmically per-determined to have gotten that supporting role in 'That 70s Show' due to their inherent "specialness" rather than their legendary casting couch blowjob or because they fit into the costume. The lure for regular people I cannot figure out, though. Maybe they think they'll meet TomKat at some chuch function. In fact the rich folks have their own special events and the riff raff don't get to mingle, as the typical Scientology event is more segregated than a George Wallace BBQ circa 1958.
My friend ended up practically bankrupt, with no friends other than other Scientologists and in the looney bin (not entirely the fault of the crazy Hubbard-ites, but it sure didn't help), and because they don't beleive in psycho-active drugs she didn't get the help she needed as a schitzoprenic and tried to burn her parent's house down. Ended up on the 6th floor of the county jail. I guess the "auditing' didn't help her...

You know the scene it's very hum-drum
And my favorite song's entitled "Boredom"...
post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 18:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Sorry to sound insensitive heather, but anybody that is so stupid to get sucked in deserves exploting. Thats anybody, not your friend in particular. Its harsh what else happened such as schizophrenia, but her initial stupidity deserves criticism.
post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 20:20
IVO
International
World Class Player

That's a bad attitude Green One. Some people are just not that bright and it's the way they were born.
post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 22:47 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
Sorry to sound insensitive heather, but anybody that is so stupid to get sucked in deserves exploting. Thats anybody, not your friend in particular. Its harsh what else happened such as schizophrenia, but her initial stupidity deserves criticism.
they deserve your help. Whether they want it or not.
post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 23:12
Tim
Xtratime Legend

...seeing how blindly people are willing to follow some of this crazy shit, I think I'm going to start my own religion where one form of worship consists of sticking one's tongue in an electrical outlet. I might not be able to squeeze as much money out of these wackos as Scientology can, seeing how the aforementioned form of worship would limit my supply of "returning customers," but consider it a a public service.

post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2006, 01:33
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Sorry Tim, but Boyo beat you to it. He's already started the Church of Boyology.

It's a strange religion. All I'm required to do is send him my credit card numbers and expiration dates.

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in