Are you prejudiced against gays? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 13:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Are you prejudiced against gays?

It seems to me that a lot of football fans are prejudiced against homosexuals. On plenty of occasions, they'll label something they disapprove of as "gay". Yatta refers to Sissoko as "Homo Sissoko," and Beckham as "Fagham" to illustrate his negative attitude to homosexuality in general.

Are you prejudiced against homosexuals? I'm not, I judge people on decisions they make throughout their life - not on nationality, skin colour, religion, sexuality, ect.

If you met someone you knew to be gay, would you judge them on that, and negatively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 15:22
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan
I am not prejudiced against homosexuals at all, what people sexuality is is their decision and I respect that. A person's sexuality has no effect on their character and so is not something I take to much notice of.

With regards to people calling beckham fagham etc, although I don't use them nicknames themselves, I do wonder whther they are used as just a general derrogatory word in general rather than has an insult to homosexuality. When someone says a maths test was gay clearly the word gay is holding a different meaning.

I do see how you can argue that these words first became derrogatory because of people prejudices towards homosexuals in the first place and although may be used not in relation to this is still insulting. However any swear word is just the same. They are also known as cursed words because historically it is supposed to be cursed to say them. We ignore this now and I think the same thing should happen here, I have never found a particular word to be insulting just the context in which it is used.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Life as a Milan fan, its great
post #3 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 18:54
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
This thread is gay.

post #4 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 22:59
Welcome To Jamrock
World Class Player

Teams: West Ham
I'm all for lesbianism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk
This website is an absolute joke. The only explanation in you giving Bilica a higher rating then Lugano is that you're border line retarded. Every single chance Diyarbakir had was due to a Bilica error. What a waste of webspace this is, Bilica has been absolute garbage since he's arrived and this was probably his single worst performance. You're a true idiot.
post #5 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 23:43
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
one of my best, closest and long term friends is gay of the same gender as myself.

gay people are just as awesome and as crappy as hetero.....i myself often use the expression : this or that is gay...and so do my gay friends tbh...it doesnt mean ur being prejudiced by itself, its expressions pretty much everyone has been brought up with ..maybe one day they'll have vanished....that is not the issue though...the issue is how we behave on our daily lives regarding the subject of homossexuality, and whether we do or do not act with prejudice

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #6 of 388 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 23:51
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
I don't have any problems with them, however I do like to take an ignorance is bliss attitude towards the situation.

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #7 of 388 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 00:14
Welcome To Jamrock
World Class Player

Teams: West Ham
I don't have any problems either, I just don't like it when I see two guys putting their tongue down each others throat in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk
This website is an absolute joke. The only explanation in you giving Bilica a higher rating then Lugano is that you're border line retarded. Every single chance Diyarbakir had was due to a Bilica error. What a waste of webspace this is, Bilica has been absolute garbage since he's arrived and this was probably his single worst performance. You're a true idiot.
post #8 of 388 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 02:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bed
This thread is gay.

Are you prejudiced Yatta?

I don't like treating people to a different standard - like a homophobe might judge a hetero because of their character, personality, how they conduct themselves, their decisions, ect. while they'll judge a homosexual purely on their sexuality.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 388 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 02:35
Premier Player

Teams: ARSENAL
i think that when someone says "this is gay" they arent really referring or even thinking about homosexuals, but really mean it is lame or stupid
post #10 of 388 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 02:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ok, I think I worded my original post poorly. Saying that some football fans are homophobic simply due to saying this, or that, is gay, is foolish.

So, I'd simply like to know if you have any prejudices or not.

Thanks for your responses everybody.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; February 26th, 2006 at 02:48.
post #11 of 388 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2006, 21:01
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Crazy bout Parma, Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA
Are you prejudiced against homosexuals? I'm not, I judge people on decisions they make throughout their life - not on nationality, skin colour, religion, sexuality, ect.
Errr, one cannot choose their colour or nationality. But they can certainly choose their sexuality. No one is born gay, its a choice people decide to make.

So I dont think you can compare it to racism, for the reasons stated above
post #12 of 388 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2006, 21:07
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
I have a feeling that most straight peoples opinion on homosexuality mirrors their opinion on haggis, nasty, but respecting those who are into it.
post #13 of 388 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2006, 21:21
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Crazy bout Parma, Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda
I have a feeling that most straight peoples opinion on homosexuality mirrors their opinion on haggis, nasty, but respecting those who are into it.
I wouldn't call is respect
post #14 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 02:51
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pac
Errr, one cannot choose their colour or nationality. But they can certainly choose their sexuality. No one is born gay, its a choice people decide to make.

So I dont think you can compare it to racism, for the reasons stated above
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your argument. I'm straight but it's not because I choose to be attracted to women but it is because I attracted to them. Could you suddenely change your sexuality? I doubt it.

As to whether someone is born with a particular sexuality, it is a cause for argument. Some people say people are, others say how you are brought up and what you experience plays a factor.

That said as the saying goes "love is blind" and people are helpless and have no say in how they feel. In that regard it is just like racism, both are unacceptable reasons to be disrespected for.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Life as a Milan fan, its great
post #15 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 02:57
World Class Player

They dont bother me, gays in general that is.

What does bother me is severe campness and actually acting like a women and the change of accents, thats something I would like to get to the bottom off.

I know a few people who are gay and I generally get on okay with them.

Quote:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Quote:
If you put a small condom on a small prick, and a large condom on a large prick, what do you put on a thick prick? A Rangers top.
post #16 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 03:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

2pac, do you have proof that people decide to be gay?

I'll be interested to read about it

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #17 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 03:39
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA
It seems to me that a lot of football fans are prejudiced against homosexuals. On plenty of occasions, they'll label something they disapprove of as "gay". Yatta refers to Sissoko as "Homo Sissoko," and Beckham as "Fagham" to illustrate his negative attitude to homosexuality in general.
Rule #1. Don't pay any attention to Yatta.
Rule #2. Ignore Yatta.

Rue #3. Decide for yourself what you want to think about other people. You seem to be an intelligent person. Treat others as you would like to be treated. That'll get you through life very well.

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
post #18 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 03:51
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Homophobes are nothing but self-hatin closet mental-midget queers. If they were truly straight, they'd realize how important homosexuals are to straight men. Obviously, they know very little of the supply and demand principal and the appreciation that come with demand exceeding supply. Dumbass f*ckers.

I, on the other hand, am smart enough and man enough to admit my appreciation for homosexuals. Especially Lesbians. Asian ones, if we're being specific.

That is all.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #19 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 04:18
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Damn I'm prejudice!!!!! towards homosexuals, tomatoes, airplanes, cans, ants, cotton, wood, football, argentina..etc..etc..mainly, I'm prejudice towards OTHERS in general, obviously with relative more support to do it against homosexuals, minorities in general, and majorities too...

Anyway, the worse part? is when I'm prejudice towards myself, a not rare stuff in human being's nature.

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"

Last edited by Fangio; February 28th, 2006 at 07:01.
post #20 of 388 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 15:28
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Tell us how you really feel, Fang!

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in