Murder in outback - Joanna Lees - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 04:14 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Crazy bout Parma, Barcelona
Murder in outback - Joanna Lees

How many people have been following this story? Its the story of a British backpacker who was "killed" in Australia. There was no body, and no murder weapon. His name was Peter Falconio and his girlfriend was called Joana Lees.

Apparently their van broke down, they asked a fellow motorist for help. What happened next is pure drama. Apparently the driver got out of the car, shot the Peter Falconio and kidnapped his girlfriend Joanna Lees. She somehow ended up in the back of the car, while the killer was driving and jumped out and hid under a tree. While her hands were tied behind her back and she was gagged while she was doing all this.

A few hours later, another motorist spotted her and drove her to the police station. When the police searched the crime scene, they did not find a lot of foot prints to suggest the killer looked for Joanna Lees, or blood from Falconio.

To top it all up, she was having an affair with another man, and she was emaling and texting him 2 weeks after the death of her boyfriend, which aroused the suspicion of the police.

I was really shocked to see a court case and a criminal investigation, when there is no body or a murder weapon. How the hell did they know Falconio was even dead? They had to take Ms Joanna Lees for her word.

What do you guy think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 04:16 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

This case has captured the public imagination here in Britain. Yesterday while I was reading my paper, almost anyone who saw the picture immediatly asked me what the story was all about, or chip in their theory of what might have taken place that night
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 13:06
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
I think that Peter Falconio was attacked and murdered by Bradley Murdoch.

The idea that all the overwhelming evidence of Falconio's murder by Bradley Murder be thrown out because we can't find Falconio's body is nonsense. If one accepts your 'no body, no crime' philosophy, it just gives carte blanche to competent criminals. That is to say, you're creating a loophole that happens to fit Murdoch.

Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacìni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 13:11
International

Bastin is correct.

But she did do something ridiculously stupid if she had an affair AND contacted the ****er while this happened. She just turned herself into a suspect, whether she is one or not. And she looks bad doing it too.

Did Bradley Murder have a criminal record?

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 13:17
World Class Player
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Did Bradley Murder have a criminal record?
BWAH! Bradley Murder.

In 1980, he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving. In 1995, he took pot-shots at some Aboriginal strangers. His record wasn't revealed in court (because that's illegal, I think). However, in retrospect, Murdoch's defence that he didn't know Falconio or Lees must be disregarded, based on his 1995 conviction.

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 15:15
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastin
BWAH! Bradley Murder.
Quote:
.....overwhelming evidence of Falconio's murder by Bradley Murder be thrown out because.....
....bwah...

Quote:
In 1980, he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving. In 1995, he took pot-shots at some Aboriginal strangers. His record wasn't revealed in court (because that's illegal, I think). However, in retrospect, Murdoch's defence that he didn't know Falconio or Lees must be disregarded, based on his 1995 conviction.
Well with the kind of difficulty they're having extracting anything from the case you'd think he was a hardened criminal, no?

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 15:44 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

What if Say Falconio had a secret life no-one knew anything about? Maybe he did something to some people you dont play with, owed money. . . . wanted insurance money whatever.

And he turns up 20 years from now, how many Nazi criminals were supposed to be dead and 50 years later they were located in South America. All I am saying is Bradly Murdoch was the perfect suspect to be honest, it made it so much easier to convict him
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2005, 01:10
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The Hypocritical Australian judicial system this guy get's 28 years and if he did it deserves it,while Chile Killers for e.g with overwhelming evidence get off scot free for e.g.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2005, 04:07 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:

The idea that all the overwhelming evidence of Falconio's murder by Bradley Murder be thrown out because we can't find Falconio's body is nonsense. If one accepts your 'no body, no crime' philosophy, it just gives carte blanche to competent criminals. That is to say, you're creating a loophole that happens to fit Murdoch.
Thats the whole point, you THINK he did it, no one can prove he did it. I thought there is supposed to be irrefutable evidence or a smoking gun in order to convict. All we have is assumption and Joana Lees's story.

At best it comes down to who you believe, and thats just not good enough when it comes to a serious crime like this. Imagine Australia had the death penalty. . . Who would convict him based on assumptions to death?

Its just too fishy . . . . I have a feeling this story is not over, there is another episode left, it could be Falconio is alive. Joanna lied, or maybe Murdoch is innoncent.

I just have a feeling
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2005, 04:07 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:

Thats the whole point, you THINK he did it, no one can prove he did it. I thought there is supposed to be irrefutable evidence or a smoking gun in order to convict. All we have is assumption and Joana Lees's story.

At best it comes down to who you believe, and thats just not good enough when it comes to a serious crime like this. Imagine Australia had the death penalty. . . Who would convict him based on assumptions to death?

Its just too fishy . . . . I have a feeling this story is not over, there is another episode left, it could be Falconio is alive. Joanna lied, or maybe Murdoch is innoncent.

I just have a feeling
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2005, 09:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandiera
The Hypocritical Australian judicial system this guy get's 28 years and if he did it deserves it,while Chile Killers for e.g with overwhelming evidence get off scot free for e.g.
I think we're all too well and aware that our judicial system is pathetic, and is in need of a massive reform. I'd rather ours was more like the American system, where at least a life sentence means life, and not a maximum of twenty-five years with parole in twelve. :rollani:

But, of course, as I'm sure you're aware that Johnny H is rather pre-occupied with making us look good to other nations rather than fixing the problems here first. D**khead that he is.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2005, 11:21
World Class Player
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pac
Thats the whole point, you THINK he did it, no one can prove he did it.
It's been proven beyond any reasonable doubt, to each of twelve people asked to decide whether that has been the case. On every charge, every juror found him to be guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. Thus, only the unreasonable question the verdict.

And I used 'think' because you did. For all intents and purposes, we know that Bradley Murdoch did it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pac
I thought there is supposed to be irrefutable evidence or a smoking gun in order to convict. All we have is assumption and Joana Lees's story.
How about the overwhelming DNA evidence? Or the sighting of Murdoch at a nearby truck stop hours later? Or Murdoch's boasts to his friends that it would be easy to carry out the killing? Or Murdoch's attempt to sell a gun the previous day?

And then, there are the pieces of evidence that weren't allowed. Such as, for example, Murdoch having a history of trying to kill strangers without motive, and being a major drug dealer that operated extensively along the Stuart Highway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in