A-dog: "I keed, I keed!" - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 14:26 Thread Starter
International

A-dog: "I keed, I keed!"

EU Summit to Address Ahmadinejad Comments

BERLIN -
European Union leaders will address the Iranian president's denial of the Holocaust as a "myth," Germany's foreign minister said Thursday, warning that patience is running out with Tehran.
ADVERTISEMENT
Adblock

The German government has condemned the remarks by
Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and called on the
United Nations as well as the EU to follow suit. Berlin says the comments will also weigh on talks over Tehran's disputed nuclear program.

The EU summit beginning Thursday in Brussels will address Ahmadinejad's statements "also at our urging," Steinmeier said in the German parliament. The remarks showed "with how much irresponsibility and cynicism the Iranian government currently regards the situation of
Israel and the Near East."

"I say again: the government in Tehran must understand that the patience of the international community is not endless," Steinmeier said.

Germany, along with France and Britain, has been leading diplomatic efforts to allay fears over Iran's nuclear intentions. Later this month, Iran is due to resume negotiations the issue with envoys from the three countries.

Ahmadinejad first provoked an international outcry in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map." He then expressed doubt about the Nazi destruction of European Jewry during World War II and went further Wednesday — saying that the Holocaust is a "myth" that Europeans have used to create a Jewish state in the heart of the Islamic world.

Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051215/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
-------------------------------------
Now respond:

1. A-dog clearly has a bone to pick with Israel (much like most people in the region.). HOWEVER.....was the denying of the Holocaust more of an insult to the Jews, or to Europe? And should Germany be "more" offended than the rest of Europe?

2. Is A-dog just talking trash or is he beginning to look like a serious threat to (relative) peace and security in the region? Remember that he wanted to "wipe Israel from the map." previously.

Extra credit if you use a creative nickname.

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 15:59
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad needs a slap upside the head, not another speech from Germany.

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 16:36
IVO
International
World Class Player

Who knows what he's thinking in his head. He may be trying to pull the west into another war to further cause problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in