Cronulla take two - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 14:51 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Cronulla take two

So anyway it seems the thread derailed into the righteous men hitting each other, if nothing else that shows why these things happen. Talking about righteous men:

Quote:
"We grew here, you flew here." Righteous stuff.
Yes, but he probably quoted a native american said to say:

Quote:
"We grew here, you sailed here"
Epic and righteous stuff.

Whats up with people attacking random persons to "to avenge" another attack? Is their head full of dung? If they know that some police where attacked, would they really think that the assailant was a young girl or an elderly couple? don't answer that, they probably just needed to excersize and now found a reason. Still I find the contents of the article a bit over the top:

Quote:
Cronulla beach and looked of middle eastern descent was beaten to a pulp by a crowd of a few thousand waving Australian flags and chanting "**** the Lebs"
Few thousands? impressive beach. doesn't go on par with the ealier statment "bunch of redneck surfies". Typical "journalist" hyperbole.

Quote:
Of the crowd, there was families, with young children, all participating in the racist chants and random beatings of innocent people
Indeed. If not the thing before made you question about how exaggerated this was this sure did. Families beating up random people? Not even some myth about Vikings would claim that. Makes me think of futuristic movies where society have collapsed.

Quote:
Infact, the TV footage which set me over the edge was a young Lebanese girl, she wouldn't be too far away from 20 years of age, being chased by a group of 20 males, kicked and punched from random angles..
I tried to picture this in front of me and fortunately I could not. It does not make sense. For this scene to look realistic they need to punch and kick here with thin pieces of fabric...

Quote:
This is a large part of this nation showing their true faces..
If it really was "thousands" of people on that beach all participating in this then I would say it is a small part of the nation. A incredible troublesome and ****ed up part of the nation though, one that makes me rethink a sun and bath vacation in australia. Not for risk of being beaten up, but with risk for being associated with them since I look like one of those "white people".

Quote:
"They should go back to their own country"
It is always entertaining when people in a country built on immigration says this. while in the longer run pretty much all countries is that, it doesn't make it less entertaining. Note, the first immigrants to Australia was criminals, maybe they want to believe they are one of them

Finally, what is a "wog"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 15:11
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Wogs are Greeks.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 15:44
Star Player

Teams: Hong Kong, Japan, Celtic
who the hell cares about Cronulla, honestly unless u actually live there...its pff
problem is, stuff like this don't happen often enough in Australia, so when something like this does happen, the media pounces on it like a cheeta leaping out of the bushes onto the unsuspecting gazelle, the whole things been blown out of proportion, we should just be thankful we don't like in america or france

The Christmas Holidays
"Money is tight, times are hard, here's your @#$/& Christmas card!!!"

"The holidays are a great time to be with family. Of course, your family
won't be with you, since I'm taking the kids and moving in with my sister,
you cheating bastard!!!"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 16:37
International

Teams: Arsenal
I was amused to read that there are neo Nazis in australia that advocate the expulsion of immigrants, who will be left?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 16:55
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Ride em cowboys....
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 19:45
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Are these racist/xenophobic people only against Lebanese presence, or all expat and immigrant communities within Australia?

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 19:58
Legend
Legend

Teams: Partizan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid
Are these racist/xenophobic people only against Lebanese presence, or all expat and immigrant communities within Australia?

The question is....

can they tell the difference?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 23:19
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Crazy bout Parma, Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos
I was amused to read that there are neo Nazis in australia that advocate the expulsion of immigrants, who will be left?
Spot on mate

Everyone should leave in that case, and let the aboriginies take over, or shut the feck up, and let others live.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 00:28
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester City
This was a tinderbox waiting to explode. Apparently tensions have been building for months. There have been several alledged incidents of Lebanese attacks on white Australian girls, probably exagerated. And the racists have picked up on this and the problems have escalated. Like any Country, Immigrants from different backgrounds, religeons and beliefs have settled into there own enclosed communities and not integrated into Australian society. This is not their fault and is a political problem of housing the immigrants in one place only away from the majority. So a few have caused problems for their whole community. Racism exists everywhere. Howard obviously lives in cloud cukoo land if he believes no Australians are racist!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 03:04
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid
They are against anybody that is not white. Oh...unless you are white and muslim.....or if you look abit different to them. Then you are to leave right away and stop taking over the country!

Seriously, they don't even know themselves. It is not even about the Lebanese community anymore. Now there is talk of rallies in Asian areas and so on..
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 03:44
Tim
Xtratime Legend

They're just looking for excuses to act like trash... I've also heard about Lebanese youth harassing girls on the beach and so forth, and about a few of them now having riots of their own, but that's no reason for white trash to take it out on anyone that looks even remotely Arab. At the very least, if they have to go take their anger out on someone, they could do it on their Lebanese counterparts, not innocent bystanders.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 08:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcryne
This is not their fault and is a political problem of housing the immigrants in one place only away from the majority.
I don't know if Australia is inheritily different from Sweden in this case, but I doubt everyone is just put in the same place and can't move there. No instead I find that most immigrants by choice choose to live at the same place, sometimes moving over half the country. Nothing strange here as they want to live with people of the same background, would be no different if Swedes in a bigger group moved to Nigeria. "Chinatown" and "Little Italy" wasn't created by the state...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 15:47
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
The question is....

can they tell the difference?
A Redundant question that is, because they dont care. And are only after an excuse. Truly showing their true colours and going after every non-anglo-german-irish group in Australia. Quite sad bunch.

Good to see that the Australian gov gave the police more jurisdiction, to take of these bastards.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 20:38
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarich
who the hell cares about Cronulla, honestly unless u actually live there...its pff
problem is, stuff like this don't happen often enough in Australia, so when something like this does happen, the media pounces on it like a cheeta leaping out of the bushes onto the unsuspecting gazelle, the whole things been blown out of proportion, we should just be thankful we don't like in america or france
Thats not what I here from a lot of Greeks in Sydney. Most seem to think this isnt even the beginning of things to come.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 22:20
International

I previously read an article about American students fielding racism in Australian colleges. I cant find the original article, but the text was posted in the first thread of this blog:

http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=16382

Racism is pretty cool down under, huh?

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 22:28
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

"... even female Australian students were verbally abusive."

So? Are only male students supposed to be verbally abusive? How sexist.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 22:34
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo
"... even female Australian students were verbally abusive."

So? Are only male students supposed to be verbally abusive? How sexist.
Start a new thread

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 05:39
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Serbia
Still a great place to live at.
Attached Images

"Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 07:04
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=16382

Racism is pretty cool down under, huh?
This is another similarity between Australia and the US; the universities are hotbeds of far left hatred.

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 07:11
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarich
, so when something like this does happen, the media pounces on it like a cheeta leaping out of the bushes onto the unsuspecting gazelle,
BEST EVER ANALOGY!! Much respect, you put a great image into my mind!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in